Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is “because I said so” really a valid reason?

Too complex of a question and too many situations and variables to say when and where you us BISS (dope acronym btw). Location age temperament of child is a couple things that jump out immediately

No it shouldn't be the go to answer for everything but it is a suitable answer for some things.

As said before depends on situation.

For example let’s say it’s a 5 y.o

If the kid out in public and they’re pointing at someone and I say don’t point at people and they ask why. I’ll explain why pointing at people isn’t cool. BISS is bogus then

If they ask can they go to random Trampoline place and I say no. And they say why not? BISS is the only thing suitable. We’re not having a talk about the dynamics of free time & why I’m not taking you there this week. Hell no.

Man.. when I was a kid, i had a friend who one time ask his pops why he had to do some shit his pops told em to do..

Imagine a 6'3 nigga eating hand full of sun flower seeds, walking up to you, calmly switching the seeds from his right hand to his left hand..just to smack the shit outta u and say..that's why..

Me..I was terrified, never went back to the niggaz house

If you tell your kid to do some thing, that you are their parent and they are your child is enough of a reason. I don't see any benefit at all in explainin' why you ask them to do stuff, all they're gonna do is try to be slick to get out of it.

Personally I think parents who discuss things like that with their children are doin' them a disservice. Children are children, they aren't little adults
and the more you expain the more they cant process shit on their own.

teach them to think...then when something is said....they can process it. critically think and understand why if they didnt do it the first time.

Man.. when I was a kid, i had a friend who one time ask his pops why he had to do some shit his pops told em to do..

Imagine a 6'3 nigga eating hand full of sun flower seeds, walking up to you, calmly switching the seeds from his right hand to his left hand..just to smack the shit outta u and say..that's why..

Niggas just be abusive for no reason

I usually explain to my kids the first time why some things have to happen or why they need to do things. Now if it’s something they should know has to happen I’ll break out that “cuz I said so”.

I'm not arguing with a child. I have my reasons, and spelling it out takes too much time, the child wouldn't grasp the "why", or could lead to a drawn out back and forth.

And a child ain't nobody I'm going back and forth with.

Do what I tell you to do 'cause I said so.

Some folks take it as disrespect, especially if it's said with an attitude. Growing up we weren't to challenge our parents because it was disrespectful, and respect for your parents actually meant something. Nowadays you got kids calling their parents by their first name and cussin' at 'em. That kind of shit woulda got you beat down by your pops and he prolly woulda called your uncles over to get a piece of you as well.

You're living under their roof, paying no bills, eating up all the food, and whatnot. If your parents asks you do some shit, you do it without question. That's your part. And back then your friend's pops prolly had a job doing hard labor 8-10 hrs a day. Nigga get home, tired, wanna watch the game or something and asks Jr to do some shit and he questions "why I gotta do it?"

I've seen that exact same shit happen a number of times growing up. And in Saginaw and Detroit, a lot of them parents were working in the plants working long hours and tired as fuck when they get home. If they tell you to do something, you do it and if you question it you're either told "Because I told you to" or you catching a hand or belt.

His pops was definitely a blue jump suit , Terry crews in everyone hates chris looking nigga

Then I 100% get it. That man was out there bustin his ass all day to provide for his family. If he asks his son to do something for him, he shoulda done it without question and damned sure not questioning him in front of company (you). That right there just added an extra layer of disrespect. It ain't just questioning his pops, it's now him showing out in front of you.

Dude deserved every bit of that slap.

Last edited:
Most time you would say BISS to a child would be if they ask why they have to do chores. If your kid asks why they have to go to school then you can sit them explain the importance of education, but then that's only a convo you should have once or twice.

I get the sense that you are an uncle...

Not a parent.

Wait till you have kids... It will make more sense then, since you wont be able to give them back at the end of the day...

Some folks take it as disrespect, especially if it's said with an attitude. Growing up we weren't to challenge our parents because it was disrespectful, and respect for your parents actually meant something. Nowadays you got kids calling their parents by their first name and cussin' at 'em. That kind of shit woulda got you beat down by your pops and he prolly woulda called your uncles over to get a piece of you as well.

You're living under their roof, paying no bills, eating up all the food, and whatnot. If your parents asks you do some shit, you do it without question. That's your part. And back then your friend's pops prolly had a job doing hard labor 8-10 hrs a day. Nigga get home, tired, wanna watch the game or something and asks Jr to do some shit and he questions "why I gotta do it?"

I've seen that exact same shit happen a number of times growing up. And in Saginaw and Detroit, a lot of them parents were working in the plants working long hours and tired as fuck when they get home. If they tell you to do something, you do it and if you question it you're either told "Because I told you to" or you catching a hand or belt.

Cosign

And ppl.wonder why todays teens are super disrespectful.

Parents at home letting their kids question their authority. I had a coworker damn near break down. Said her daughter went off on her for 2 hrs telling hee she was a bad parent.

Fuck all that. Adults need to be a unifird front against these unruly little shits. Make America BISS Again

MABA hats coming soon

Back