Welcome To aBlackWeb

In my travels and time on this rock. I came to the conclusion..............

off topic but i was cool with gary hiednicks daughter max.

we didnt find out about her dad until after all the shit. havent seen her since the trial. alot of people wanted her gone.

damn. That's crazy as fuck. I don't even know how I would approach a friend if it was found that one of their parents was a serial killer.

Bruh, we all have Google. "gay men calling women fish" will give you an assload of results. I first heard it back in the early 90's on campus. Misogyny in the gay and trans community is a thing and there's a shitload of "thinkpieces" written about it. It's been a problem, but as I said before, when the scope is aimed at y'all, you got excuses for days.

Gay men kill just because, same as anyone else. John Wayne Gacy, Jeffery Dahlmer, Andrew Cunanan, Randy Kraft, Patrick Wayne Kearney aka "The Trash Bag Murderer"... All gay, all murderers. Shit, half of the serial killers in this country have been gay as fuck.

For one I’m not gay. If we can’t even address misogyny among straight black people(and be serious you know men hate to discuss and blame twitter) you think the gay community is gonna address it

Like I get what you saying you think a lot them play the victim and don’t get called out for often being just as toxic as straight people.

But if we sticking to the topic of bettering the community those thought processes that you don’t like or don’t think are legit are coming from people in our community. Our community is much smaller and a different history. We have closed ranks and etc before back during the civil rights movement and we got things accomplished. But a lot of issues wernt or couldn’t be addressed in the 60s and 70s. Oftentimes y’all say black women ran to feminism and abandoned the brothers but are we gonna address how and why without automatically looking at outside influence. And I don’t think black people are any worse than any other group of humans but we are just as capable of negativity and positivity. And we do alienate each other easily. Sometimes I feel like some of us feel closer to non black people than each other.

Further the US is a highly individualistic society and to a large extent we took a lot of that too. And it does start with families but black families don’t discuss family issues outside of money or drugs. What we scared of? We can’t get to some black utopia and independence if we can’t even talk about real shit. And not dismiss everything as soft or a distraction or new nigga shit.

Like I get what you saying you think a lot them play the victim and don’t get called out for often being just as toxic as straight people.

But if we sticking to the topic of bettering the community those thought processes that you don’t like or don’t think are legit are coming from people in our community. Our community is much smaller and a different history. We have closed ranks and etc before back during the civil rights movement and we got things accomplished. But a lot of issues wernt or couldn’t be addressed in the 60s and 70s. Oftentimes y’all say black women ran to feminism and abandoned the brothers but are we gonna address how and why without automatically looking at outside influence. And I don’t think black people are any worse than any other group of humans but we are just as capable of negativity and positivity. And we do alienate each other easily. Sometimes I feel like some of us feel closer to non black people than each other.

Further the US is a highly individualistic society and to a large extent we took a lot of that too. And it does start with families but black families don’t discuss family issues outside of money or drugs. What we scared of? We can’t get to some black utopia and independence if we can’t even talk about real shit. And not dismiss everything as soft or a distraction or new nigga shit.

Black women did run to feminism, despite the fact that feminism was never for them and, in fact, looked down on them. However, there was an accomplice that helped divide the Black family back then: The liberal welfare state. Feminism told our women "you don't need a man", the welfare state said "I will give you a place to live with cheap rent, pay for your daycare, and put food on the table for you and your children, but that man of yours cannot live here otherwise we will take it all from you." Together they drove a wedge between Black men and women.

Black women were already on the low end of the economic totem pole anyways, so at a time when decent paying jobs were not exactly plentiful in the first place and daycare was expensive even then, to have that taken care of as long as you didn't have a dude shacked up with you was a no-brainer and women that survived in that environment went on to tell other women about their experience without a man and 40 years later here we are.

Black women did run to feminism, despite the fact that feminism was never for them and, in fact, looked down on them. However, there was an accomplice that helped divide the Black family back then: The liberal welfare state. Feminism told our women "you don't need a man", the welfare state said "I will give you a place to live with cheap rent, pay for your daycare, and put food on the table for you and your children, but that man of yours cannot live here otherwise we will take it all from you." Together they drove a wedge between Black men and women.

Black women were already on the low end of the economic totem pole anyways, so at a time when decent paying jobs were not exactly plentiful in the first place and daycare was expensive even then, to have that taken care of as long as you didn't have a dude shacked up with you was a no-brainer and women that survived in that environment went on to tell other women about their experience without a man and 40 years later here we are.

The state is partially to blame this is true. Job discrimination, lack of treatment for Black veterans returning from service with clear mental health issues, sentencing laws..the list goes on for what we can blame the state/system for...but the state isn't all the way to blame for shit alot of treatment that Black women receive in their daily lives. Yes we all love Black women, but if one can't be honest enough to also admit that a huge part of the reason why Black women "ran to feminism" and wanted to grow more independent from Black men is because of the treatment that many received from Black men in their communities, families hiding or being silent about child abuse, women expected to be silent about domestic abuse etc...then we are never going to get to a true solution on how to bring and keep Black men and women closer together. I've seen a huge number of women over the years speak openly about how older women in their families have practically begged them to do better than they did in choosing the men they choose to share a life with and stories of what they endured just because "back then it was a woman's place".

It's something I say often on here but it really would do alot of niggas a huge help to actually talk to women about their experiences in the world. It would do a lot to give understanding as to why so many woman move the way they do and hold the opinions they hold. I'm not saying you gotta agree with it all because some of it is some bullshit, but at the same time at least understanding it can go a hell of a long way. And i'm not talking about what white men or any other group of men do too. Fuck them. This ain't about them. This is about holding ourselves to a standard we must strive to meet regardless of what others are doing. Too often niggas fall too easily into "Well they do it too"...fuck that. We better than that and them.

my conclusion is you're either righteous or wicked

no matter what title you ascribe to (christian, muslim, democrat, republican, conservative, liberal, etc.)

you're either spreadin love & truth (righteousness) or hate & lies (wickedness)

no matter what title you ascribe to (christian, muslim, democrat, republican, conservative, liberal, etc.)

great outlook

also

there's no "good" or "bad"

jus a difference in beliefs

I'm having trouble reconciling these two statements. They seem wildly contradictory. School me...

I'm having trouble reconciling these two statements. They seem wildly contradictory. School me...

Well

truth & lies ≠ good & bad

like science is only concerned w/ the truth, it doesn't care about your feelings

sum folks think weed is bad cuz it's illegal, sum think cigarettes are ok cuz they're legal

one belief vs. another belief

either way it has no bearing on who's tellin the truth or who's purposely tellin lies

that depends on their reasoning

People like to be in control.

It's not risk people are afraid of. Anyone will take a risk if it's a controlled risk.

And unfortunately sometimes to gain control, you have to be willing to relinquish it.... Or step out your comfort zone... And many will become irrational to revolt it. Shits hard to make confident decisions outside your comfort zone.

great points made all over in this thread

I think the biggest issue I found from experience is that mofos are more comfortable just talking

instead of just doing

a lot of times there isn't a script already laid out so people spend more time thinking/talking/hypothesizing

instead of just getting off of their ass

plenty of people got ideas........but only a few people actually do shit at all

Back