Welcome To aBlackWeb

If Your S/O Didn't Like Their Parents...

More than likely I would. But I honestly don't know until I'm going thru something like that.

My wife goes back n forth with her family, if she died and left me a shit ton of money and nothing for them... I'd look out for them within reason. But they not gonna be living so good they don't gotta work no more.

It's simple. The Bryants were working class black Americans who wanted to be protective their investment. From Kobes own mouth he fell in love with her because she was "so pretty" and literally no other reason. He jumped out the window to marry her, his parents disapproved.

This whole thread premise is off base because it's not factoring in the SO is the reason for the divide and there is no other reason

Saying the SO is the reason for the divide takes accountability away from the other parties. Kobe didn't have to sacrifice the bonds with his parents to marry Vanessa, and his parents didn't have to be so overbearing about their disapproval that they drove their son away.

You're basically saying that Vanessa was the problem because she got chosen. I doubt that's true. There were likely other problems there. My parents didn't like my brother's wife, but they did their best to play nice with her because they loved my brother.

To answer the question, I probably would give them something. It seems like the right idea. It does depend on how bad the relationship is though. At the end of the day, my kids are my priority not my in-laws, so if I'm basically enemies with the in-laws, I'm making sure my kids get the bulk of the money.

Was it a folly though? She didnā€™t have a bunch of kids and bounce and put him on child support. Never blasted him or anything. She coulda bounced on him when the scandal went down but she didnā€™t. I mean Iā€™m not saying she not a gold digger but I really think he made the decisions

Yeah he made the decisions, but ultimately affected his family but it's his choice and nothing can be changed now.

Back