Welcome To aBlackWeb

If Your S/O Didn't Like Their Parents...

I would make sure that his parents were straight, especially if I was left with millions. The reasons for the rift would have to be pretty extreme for me to completely cut them out.
What if the reason he didn’t like his parents was because they hated Tayboo and treated you like crap?

Outside looking in Kobe didn’t seem to be on the same page as his parents anyways. They were married long enough where she knew if that was really in his wishes to give them something even if he was still alive. The irony of Umar to think this situation is so black & white.

It's simple. The Bryants were working class black Americans who wanted to be protective their investment. From Kobes own mouth he fell in love with her because she was "so pretty" and literally no other reason. He jumped out the window to marry her, his parents disapproved.

This whole thread premise is off base because it's not factoring in the SO is the reason for the divide and there is no other reason
Again, just makes kobe look bad cause I'm reading what y'all saying and all I can glean from it is that :
Kobe was a sucker for love who abandoned his parents for some torta

It ain’t that complicated

It's simple. The Bryants were working class black Americans who wanted to be protective their investment. From Kobes own mouth he fell in love with her because she was "so pretty" and literally no other reason. He jumped out the window to marry her, his parents disapproved.

This whole thread premise is off base because it's not factoring in the SO is the reason for the divide and there is no other reason
They should have kept their dislike of her to themselves. You can't tell someone who they can't and can be with. It's on his parents on why the relationship with their son got so bad.

All that is after the fact, it begins and ends with the Mexican girl

See Elzos post

Even so, he chose to stand by his wife over what exactly? Allegedly his dad was more upset she was Mexican opposed to anything else. Which in the end ain’t something that’s gonna make you remain close to your parents for long when you got your own family. His wife maybe the cause but it’s not cuz of anything she did from what I can tell. Add on the shit with trying to sell his stuff… I wouldn’t fuck with my parents either.

Thing is, even though Kobe was pretty young when he married her, he was STILL already a mult-millionaire and an up & coming NBA star.

I wouldn’t want my rich, young son marrying some teenage girl he met on a music video shoot, either.

What if the reason he didn’t like his parents was because they hated Tayboo and treated you like crap?
I would still make sure they were okay if they needed the money.
Kobe was a sucker for love who abandoned his parents for some torta

It ain’t that complicated
Well if the rumor is true that Vanessa's mother blackmailed him into marrying her because of her age. I can see why his parents would hold some resentment...

They should have kept their dislike of her to themselves. You can't tell someone who they can't and can be with. It's on his parents on why the relationship with their son got so bad.
Yea of course but the parents weren't wrong this time, that's why they stood their ground at the expense of losing him
Even so, he chose to stand by his wife over what exactly? Allegedly his dad was more upset she was Mexican opposed to anything else. Which in the end ain’t something that’s gonna make you remain close to your parents for long when you got your own family. His wife maybe the cause but it’s not cuz of anything she did from what I can tell. Add on the shit with trying to sell his stuff… I wouldn’t fuck with my parents either.
The parents were right tho. LA Mexicans are notoriously anti black as we see in 2024. His parents were dead right to not want their son dealing with that. We've heard about how greedy and trash Vanessa's mom is, so Kobe's parents had the right idea

I would still make sure they were okay if they needed the money.

Well if the rumor is true that Vanessa's mother blackmailed him into marrying her because of her age. I can see why his parents would hold some resentment...
Had he listened to them in the first place he wouldn’t be in that situation

The one part of Black American culture I don’t fuck w lol

Yea of course but the parents weren't wrong this time, that's why they stood their ground at the expense of losing him

The parents were right tho. LA Mexicans are notoriously anti black as we see in 2024. His parents were dead right to not want their son dealing with that. We've heard about how greedy and trash Vanessa's mom is, so Kobe's parents had the right idea

True, and they married quick as fuck so it’s understandable why they would object. However, after being married for over a decade you would think there would be some understanding. Which I think there was cuz they were getting along reportedly prior to the lawsuit.

and your s/o passed away after yall were married for 10 plus years. The whole 10 plus years you and your s/o been in drama with their parents.

Would you give them some of the money left behind if they were down bad?

Topic comes from the Kobe/Vanessa situation:

Hmmmm I’d have to think would my s/o want me to look out? But most likely I’d give them something to stay afloat

His parents should not need for nothing

She sitting on 600 million of an investment they made … it ain’t even like she brought something to the table

U ain’t gotta fuck w them but look after them

If there was ever a successful MeToo story

• Ether
Reactions: GNS

Like his parents should’ve been got over it. They were married like 20 years.

I got a lot of unpopular OPINIONS on Kobe/Vanessa

I think the only reason he had so many kids is cuz he kept trying to have Kobe Jr. She couldn't even give him a boy lol.. not her fault but damn

I think he hit that white girl from utah Raw as some sense of rebelling from Vanessa. He got some false sense of temporary freedom or sumn

I think one of the reasons they moved so far away from the city of LA to the point they have to helicopter in was Vanessa's idea, to get far away from her Mexican relatives

I feel like his marriage to her didn't benefit him very much

Back