Welcome To aBlackWeb

If You Want Your Marriage To Last, Have A Cheap Wedding

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
c8a0b01a-2cd5-4b8c-a279-90b8be70bea1_original.png

The study states that couples who spend $20,000 or more on their wedding are 46 percent more likely to get a divorce. Adversely, couples who spend $5,000 or less are 18 percent less likely to divorce. And the survery concludes the same for engagement rings:

"Spending between $2,000 and $4,000 on an engagement ring is associated with a 1.3 times greater hazard of divorce as compared to spending between $500 and $2,000."

I'm curious what % of people take out loans n shit for weddings. I don't really care about ppl spending their money as they wish but if they're fr using money they don't have, thats when a line shld be drawn.

I read that 69% of Americans have less than 1k in savings. So where is this 20k median for weddings coming from?

I can easily c starting a marriage with financial ruin causing issues.

dont have to go to Vegas. might be cheaper to do it in Mexico or something if u factor in exchange rates.
Vegas is better. They got the whole setup for a small fee. Then gon on about your day. Don't even need to spend money on a passport.

Vegas is better. They got the whole setup for a small fee. Then gon on about your day. Don't even need to spend money on a passport.
i feel like doing it overseas is better. u end up spending what u wld to elope in Vegas, only u get a tropical vacation to go with it.

If you have the money to spare, I don't see anything wrong with an extravagant wedding. I mean when people get married, Id assume they're aiming to only do it once in life. So if you got the coins, ball out. If you gotta take out loans and whatnot to finance a wedding, sitcho ass down somewhere.

If you have the money to spare, I don't see anything wrong with an extravagant wedding. I mean when people get married, Id assume they're aiming to only do it once in life. So if you got the coins, ball out. If you gotta take out loans and whatnot to finance a wedding, sitcho ass down somewhere.
Y'all should see South Asian weddings. Went to an Indian wedding n it was a 4 day affair. They spend like 10k+ just on flowers lol. Shits wild. Saving all their lives for their kids weddings.

Lower divorce rate than we got tho. Maybe there's more to it than just the money spent?

Back