Welcome To aBlackWeb

If you made it from nothing, is there an obligation to give back?

Duwop

You're the target, not the victim 🧐
Mod Squad
Meaning,

If you are a successful individual. You made it out. You have financial freedom to do what you please.

However where you came from, is still fucked up. Yea you made it out, but the odds were against you the entire time. A whole lotta your peers didn't make it out.

Do you personally feel obligated to go back to where you came from and try your best to help others??

I'm using the word obligation on purpose, because that's a charge.

many people give back. tons and tons of people give back.
I mean i honestly feel like Jay latest album he's trying to give back by dropping jewels in music.

however there are many people who do not.

Or feel insulted at the idea that they should feel an obligation when no one helped them out.

They look at it like the why should they extend a hand that no one extended for them??

Thoughts....

I don't agree with the jay example, I don't think he felt obligated to make an entire conscious album, I just feel that's where he was at mentally and him going off of the climate of hiphop today.

But to answer your overall question, no. Nobody is obligated to do shit but die and pay taxes.

I dunno, jay said he wanted to rap like common but he didn't cuz he knew it wouldn't pay.....

i feel like this an album he did because he doesn't need the money from rap no more.....

this is the kinda music he always wanted to do, was always in him.....and because he's an artist who has a connect with his fans that started through the music, he felt obligated to give back and give the fans something like this......

i say that because i strongly do feel we're obligated in a sense.

the whole reason for supporting pro black to begin with is because we all recognize the importance of a strong black network...

i mean this site is legit called black web.....

this is a prime example of giving back,....we all in here sharing information.....while most of it may be fun and games....we all know places like this open all types of business opportunities...life opportunities......bridges generations.....

bruh.....this site is giving back.....it's giving more to the community than we had coming up.....

talking to someone about their future and opportunities...raising children who are the next generation.....

dude,.....there are folk who get out, and straight turn their back completely on black folk all together...they literally get out....and stay out...

no connect, no identifying where they came from....just vacate......

i just can't respect that.....

i respect successful black folk who strengthen other black folk....and not for show.... but because it's inside them to do....they see it as a commitment, a duty, an obligation, a job that has to be done by them because of how much they love their people and want to see them prosper as well.....

the reason why i used jay's album is cuz i legit hear that in his voice and his tone....he dropping this shit like he's the rapper that has to drop this shit.....

he could have easily not did this....but the genuine feel of it shows me that he treated it like something that absolutely had to be done...

I don't agree with the jay example, I don't think he felt obligated to make an entire conscious album, I just feel that's where he was at mentally and him going off of the climate of hiphop today.

But to answer your overall question, no. Nobody is obligated to do shit but die, stay black, and pay taxes.
FACTS

:smh:

this why we never gonna win.....

niggaz feel no obligation to their own people.....

I dunno, jay said he wanted to rap like common but he didn't cuz he knew it wouldn't pay.....

i feel like this an album he did because he doesn't need the money from rap no more.....

this is the kinda music he always wanted to do, was always in him

Yea, just like you said this is the type of music HE wanted to make. So he isn't just doing this because he felt obligated to, I think he just genuinely wanted to.

Reactions: GNS
Not obligated to anyone but family. Would I give back to those in my area that I've known all my life. Yes if I could afford it

i think yall don't realize how helpful it would be to our people as a whole if we did feel obligated.

like if we all took the responsibility to try to unite and made it our duty to give back and help as many as we could....

like we instilled that in our people....our children....that we had an obligation....

like a legit obligation.......if everyone felt responsible for helping each other.....

if that mentality caught......

shit would be crazy how much we'd all benefit....that community would be unstoppable...

that's just how i see it though.....

when people have a defensive attitude about the word obligation, i feel like that shows we all have a lot of growth to make....

and the funny thing about it....

i have no doubt that every single one of yall would give back, cuz yall all good people....

it just would be more widespread, if there was an obligation there
Not obligated to anyone but family.
giphy.gif

this is the kinda music he always wanted to do, was always in him.....and because he's an artist who has a connect with his fans that started through the music, he felt obligated to give back and give the fans something like this......

i say that because i strongly do feel we're obligated in a sense.

the whole reason for supporting pro black to begin with is because we all recognize the importance of a strong black network...

i mean this site is legit called black web.....

this is a prime example of giving back,....we all in here sharing information.....while most of it may be fun and games....we all know places like this open all types of business opportunities...life opportunities......bridges generations.....

bruh.....this site is giving back.....it's giving more to the community than we had coming up.....

talking to someone about their future and opportunities...raising children who are the next generation.....

dude,.....there are folk who get out, and straight turn their back completely on black folk all together...they literally get out....and stay out...

no connect, no identifying where they came from....just vacate......

i just can't respect that.....

i respect successful black folk who strengthen other black folk....and not for show.... but because it's inside them to do....they see it as a commitment, a duty, an obligation, a job that has to be done by them because of how much they love their people and want to see them prosper as well.....

the reason why i used jay's album is cuz i legit hear that in his voice and his tone....he dropping this shit like he's the rapper that has to drop this shit.....

he could have easily not did this....but the genuine feel of it shows me that he treated it like something that absolutely had to be done...
I feel like we are at least obligated to uplift "capable" family members at the least, I mean if you made it out and just leave your people in a hellhole, knowing that with just a much needed push or guiding hand that they could be something great then why not?

I feel like we are at least obligated to uplift "capable" family members at the least, I mean if you made it out and just leave your people in a hellhole, knowing that with just a much needed push or guiding hand that they could be something great then why not?
there is hope....

yes there is. there ís equally an obligation to give back when u were handed it on a silver platter. it's a human thing imo.

if ur fortunate, u pay it forward.

Nah, nobody has to do anything.

I don't do enough to go back and help the people I was raised with. But I think I am obligated to help those who have less. That doesn't mean handing out money but spending time and teaching people especially the youth and society is the obligation of anyone that wants to enact change for the future. If you don't care about the world other than your immediate family you don't have an obligation to the world. Ever since my son was born I have been more concerned with the world he will live in so my imprint on that world has become more of a concern.

technically nobody has to do anything but eat, shit, sleep and die.

by obligated I mean feeling compelled t0 do something because it's right. I def think ppl who either made it out of or never experienced disadvantaging circumstances shld help those going thru hardship bcuz it's the right thing to do n it's their moral obligation.

thats why it's okay for taxes to exist, even tho ppl do become tax exiles.

I don't do enough to go back and help the people I was raised with. But I think I am obligated to help those who have less. That doesn't mean handing out money but spending time and teaching people especially the youth and society is the obligation of anyone that wants to enact change for the future. If you don't care about the world other than your immediate family you don't have an obligation to the world. Ever since my son was born I have been more concerned with the world he will live in so my imprint on that world has become more of a concern.
the hope is here
and then there's this:mf1:

it's like taking out the trash when you live in a house with other people.......

somebody has to do it.....if not the rats gonna win

I live by you get back what you give, but I can't tell anybody what they should do with the money they worked hard for.

I live by you get back what you give, but I can't tell anybody what they should do with the money they worked hard for.
you should... if you know you giving back, and you know that more could be done if more gave back, i feel like you're obligated to tell your peers they absolute should give back, especially if you see where their influence could make a difference....

i mean i think this site does that a whole bunch already...

so basically you're saying you shouldn't have to do something you're already doing..

bu i think you should do it,

and encourage others..

because it gives it much more purpose......it adds to the effort and the overall change that could be made

Back