Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Hurricane Ida is now forecast to make landfall as a category 4 hurricane.

Went outside expecting storm damage and wetness from the horrible rain and wind

barely even look like it rained

Hey y'all

Checking in

Part of my fence did end up getting upended but I expected that. No damage to my house so super grateful. Was without power for most of yesterday. It returned late evening.

Cell coverage was pretty non existent for every provider not named Verizon. Might have to get a lil trap phone from them next hurricane season just in case.

Internet has been out since Sunday and the cell coverage that has returned is super spotty. I read carriers aren't going to charge for overages if you don't have unlimited so that's good.

My immediate family is all doing well. No damage and some are still without power but looks like Entergy is working overtime to get it back up as quickly as possible. All my Nola folks and surrounding areas were able to leave as well from what I've been able to learn.

Thank you all even if you just thought about me just once. I really appreciate it. My heart is saddened at the news of the power situation. For the metro area to be without power for an estimated 3 weeks is just horrible.

Baby sis said the same about Verizon being the only provider still functioning right now. That's who they have for service.

Good that you and yours are alright out there.

Legit surprised to see this bitch affect the east coast like that.
I just got power back yesterday, but I won't complain too much.
Them folks in the Isles, NO, Hammond, and places in-between got fucked.

This was the first time my family evacuated from a storm.
The cost of doing that, I can definitely see why some folks would rather hunker down.
Also the aftermath of gas and food shortages, price gouging, and no vacancies should not be understated.

Last edited:
Back