Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Hurricane Ida is now forecast to make landfall as a category 4 hurricane.

I'm curious, have they raised the levees significantly higher in recent years at all?

Hope all of the Louisiana members and their families are holdin up, staying safe and that them and their loved ones havent suffered too much damage

I'm curious, have they raised the levees significantly higher in recent years at all?

Hope all of the Louisiana members and their families are holdin up, staying safe and that them and their loved ones havent suffered too much damage

The levees did their job this weekend.

Hey y'all

Checking in

Part of my fence did end up getting upended but I expected that. No damage to my house so super grateful. Was without power for most of yesterday. It returned late evening.

Cell coverage was pretty non existent for every provider not named Verizon. Might have to get a lil trap phone from them next hurricane season just in case.

Internet has been out since Sunday and the cell coverage that has returned is super spotty. I read carriers aren't going to charge for overages if you don't have unlimited so that's good.

My immediate family is all doing well. No damage and some are still without power but looks like Entergy is working overtime to get it back up as quickly as possible. All my Nola folks and surrounding areas were able to leave as well from what I've been able to learn.

Thank you all even if you just thought about me just once. I really appreciate it. My heart is saddened at the news of the power situation. For the metro area to be without power for an estimated 3 weeks is just horrible.

Hey y'all

Checking in

Part of my fence did end up getting upended but I expected that. No damage to my house so super grateful. Was without power for most of yesterday. It returned late evening.

Cell coverage was pretty non existent for every provider not named Verizon. Might have to get a lil trap phone from them next hurricane season just in case.

Internet has been out since Sunday and the cell coverage that has returned is super spotty. I read carriers aren't going to charge for overages if you don't have unlimited so that's good.

My immediate family is all doing well. No damage and some are still without power but looks like Entergy is working overtime to get it back up as quickly as possible. All my Nola folks and surrounding areas were able to leave as well from what I've been able to learn.

Thank you all even if you just thought about me just once. I really appreciate it. My heart is saddened at the news of the power situation. For the metro area to be without power for an estimated 3 weeks is just horrible.

glad youre ok AP!

Fortunately my folks did well too just some structural damage at worst, power outage and water situation makes everything dicey though especially with the heat index around this time of the year. When Gustav hit when I lived back in BR, power was out for two weeks was the WOAT

1) We still have school.

2) Half them streets are DRY as shit now.

3) The MTA is back up and kicking.

Edit: At least they did the right thing and cancelled school today.

Last edited:
Back