Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Hurricane Ida is now forecast to make landfall as a category 4 hurricane.

Well by like 2050 I don’t think it’s gonna be anymore coastal areas
New Orleans will further sink in as its been doing for hundreds of years, but the rest of New Orleans can make it if the improve upon the forested areas, more trees decreases the power of the storm's winds

Been calling my folks all day man, have so much them staying and riding it out. Between, and the Delta variant, it's been tough lately man won't lie. Just praying for the best now

i hate this for you. i know youre worried as i would be too. any reason they refuse to leave?

i hate this for you. i know youre worried as i would be too. any reason they refuse to leave?

Some folks just have evacuation fatigue, but if I'm being honest my patience and grace has been stretched for them man because I can't logically understand why they are staying. Some folks now they are not leaving because the interstates are in gridlock, and the storm happened so fast, but it's giving me Katrina vibes. I just wish folks had hurricane plans in place, but unfortunately alot of folks make decisions really close to the last minute. And others just believe they can "ride it out".

Eh I'm probably not in the best mental space to answer this right now because I won't lie I'm honestly frustrated, worried, and missing family in general. This Delta variant was already enough with all the misinformation, but adding this on top just alot man.

Lets not be quick to blame people for not evacuating.

A lot of them are poor and have no where to evacuate too. Like some can stay with fam elsewhere, maybe. Others would need to stay at motels and they dont got the money for that shit.

Alot goes into not evacuating. Sometimes its just plain being stupid. But other times its not having an option but to hope the storm doesnt kill you. Smh. I hate life sometimes.

A lot of them are poor and have no where to evacuate too. Like some can stay with fam elsewhere, maybe. Others would need to stay at motels and they dont got the money for that shit.

Alot goes into not evacuating. Sometimes its just plain being stupid. But other times its not having an option but to hope the storm doesnt kill you. Smh. I hate life sometimes.

facts. i was only asking @silverfoxx about his family. i know many ppl cant afford to evacuate and the state doesnt provide extensive transportation options for those wanting/needing to leave

Last edited:
Some folks just have evacuation fatigue, but if I'm being honest my patience and grace has been stretched for them man because I can't logically understand why they are staying. Some folks now they are not leaving because the interstates are in gridlock, and the storm happened so fast, but it's giving me Katrina vibes. I just wish folks had hurricane plans in place, but unfortunately alot of folks make decisions really close to the last minute. And others just believe they can "ride it out".

Eh I'm probably not in the best mental space to answer this right now because I won't lie I'm honestly frustrated, worried, and missing family in general. This Delta variant was already enough with all the misinformation, but adding this on top just alot man.

take care of yourself silver 🤍

try to breathe a little. i cant imagine how much this is weighing on you but just breathe and believe they will be ok.

Outside of sandbags what can folks actually do to secure their homes against the storm surges/flooding?

Word, I was willing to send all of my family money to leave, but it's not that. They got it. They just choosing to stay. Saying God is with them.

Back