Welcome To aBlackWeb

Hulu announces ‘Freaknik: The Wildest Party Never Told’ documentary

He was part of the generation of children from the 90s & 2000s (like me) that had cousins, aunties and uncles that experienced Freaknik and never knew the full significance of what it was when they were kids. I definitely remember wanting to go when I was in middle school.
I understand that, and it makes sense, but 21Savage is 31 years old. Freaknik ended in 1999. If i grew up in that area, I would be barely old enough to remember shit about Freaknik since it ended before I was even a teen. So how df is he gunna remember shit about it when he's younger than me by a few years.

Dude just inserted himself for no reason. I bet he prob adds nothing to the convo, just says, "yea i hear from the OG's it got crazy back then.."

I guess the producers or whoever thought they needed to find a way to appeal to younger viewers or something.

Probably did a few screenings/polls and found out that the audience for this documentary was too old of a demographic to generate the kind of numbers they wanted.

Last edited:
Forgot all about this. I thought it got scrapped or something
You thought people was going to scrap a chance to make black men the face of deviance? For the umpeeth time? Nigga please. They couldn’t wait to make this shit. It’s going to be more and more and more and more people throwing black men under the bus. You thought they really said get rid of this? Hell no.

You thought people was going to scrap a chance to make black men the face of deviance? For the umpeeth time? Nigga please. They couldn’t wait to make this shit. It’s going to be more and more and more and more people throwing black men under the bus. You thought they really said get rid of this? Hell no.
Chill out. Malcolm Luther King. Scrapped as in ran out of money. I coulda swore I read a while back that it never got completed bcuz of money issues .

He was part of the generation of children from the 90s & 2000s (like me) that had cousins, aunties and uncles that experienced Freaknik and never knew the full significance of what it was when they were kids. I definitely remember wanting to go when I was in middle school.
When did freaknik happen exactly, cause my aunt brought me a freak nik shirt when I was in the 4th grade, and I’m 41. Savages parents woulda been my age

Listened to 21’s interview with Shannon Sharpe and from his stories doesn’t seem like his mom was the type to frequent Freaknik but I could be wrong. So his involvement is totally unnecessary, lol.

When did freaknik happen exactly, cause my aunt brought me a freak nik shirt when I was in the 4th grade, and I’m 41. Savages parents woulda been my age

It started in the early 80s so you getting a shirt in the 4th grade makes sense.

It started in the early 80s so you getting a shirt in the 4th grade makes sense.

I'm thinking more like the late 80's.

Some time around '87.

Now, the part where it was just a picnic for sororities and frats might've started in the early 80's.

But what it became famous for probably didn't happen until '87 or '88.

That's about the same time Greekfest was popping off too.

Back