Welcome To aBlackWeb

How To Help Save Net Neutrality

View attachment 15136
Get the fuck outta my head b...yooo my mind was soooo fuckin flighty right there..why u know me so well...pause

Focus bruh.

I aint necessarily talking about the cable side of it, but I know you get that and the explanation made sense. These media conglomerates had they cable providers by the nuts, so they said this is costing us to much, let's put these dollars towards the internet channel and get a better rate of return, because the average consumer doesn't realize they are a service we can't realistically provide how we promise we can.

But that plan has backfir3d with more and more people streaming for their source of entertainment and it's causing telecom more on the back end trying to keep the consumer satisfied with a broken system. So now they've essentially said, f**k what yall want, let's make them pay more to use up all this bandwith and restrict the access so our cover isn't blown, and still make these dollars.

Focus bruh.

I aint necessarily talking about the cable side of it, but I know you get that and the explanation made sense. These media conglomerates had they cable providers by the nuts, so they said this is costing us to much, let's put these dollars towards the internet channel and get a better rate of return, because the average consumer doesn't realize they are a service we can't realistically provide how we promise we can.

But that plan has backfir3d with more and more people streaming for their source of entertainment and it's causing telecom more on the back end trying to keep the consumer satisfied with a broken system. So now they've essentially said, f**k what yall want, let's make them pay more to use up all this bandwith and restrict the access so our cover isn't blown, and still make these dollars.
Facts, but I guess I like communism cause I like balance

Put it to u like this, why I say it’s a good thing overall. Things I seen personally, we got a node that’s half in the hood and half in an upscale apartment complex

Now this chick in the hood pays for 30mbs studying to be a nurse and has 2 kids. At night, her internet is shit cause usuage in this college kid dominated apartment complex where these kids all seem to have the 2’5 g modems with 24 downstreams are killing bandwidth

She cant do exams and her kids drive her crazy cause Netflix don’t work. In my mind, getting rid of that shit gives them equal service. And it doesnt matter that she can’t afford the 500,600, and 1g service

The DNS responds to her modem just as quickly as it does there’s. that is my viewpoint and maybe cause of where I came from and my understanding of how this shit works

And when u think about it, with net neutrality not gone. If anyone throttles or blocks shit in the future it would be the place where u go to get content.

Cause my company doesn’t throttle or have data caps. To elevate traffic congestion in peak times due to Netflix usuage. We just purchased a server just for Netflix use.

So really, more consistent steady traffic to them, and usage of power from their server room. Would require them to do two things, throttle down users from our domain or upgrade their servers to handle the load.

Then really the weight of that ain’t really on us, it’s on them. And they have to decide to do better or cheat the system.

That’s why I say, get fucked with the lights off by us. Or get fucked with the lights on where at Least u know it’s netflix. Cause we can say from this hop to this hop we good playboy. Call Netflix

Cause that can be proven by ur average tech

I have no idea what's going on, but I'm sure it's gonna suck

And some how the rich get richer

Yes, and what makes u want an internet company over the other...consistent and quick internet service

not true, you are only as faithful as your options

here, there is only Cox cable and Uverse. If you go further up northern LA, i think you get Charter and Cox, but not Uverse. If you want satellite, then Direct TV is your only option. As it stands, there are not that many choices when it comes to cable/ISPs.

hell, in the parish where my parents live, they ONLY have EATEL which is proprietary to that area, and as of this post, is only offered in that area. I read they are supposed to be expanding to the parish I live in, but who knows when thats going to happen

also, the way the current internet is set up here is very much a brick and mortar approach whereas overseas, in most of the better developed countries, their speeds are leaps and bounds faster than what we have here. Their shit might not be regulated properly, but thats another discussion.

get fucked Comcast

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...t-fcc-net-neutrality-law?utm_source=mbtwitter

So what would a Comcast-approved net neutrality law look like?

It would likely ban most of the more heavy-handed abuses Comcast knows it couldn’t get away with anyway, ranging from the outright blocking of websites and services, to the blatant throttling of the company’s competitors. Comcast long ago gave up on such efforts to instead focus on more subtle, clever abuses of a lack of competition in the broadband space.

As such, you can be certain a Comcast-approved law wouldn’t cover all of the areas where net neutrality violations are actually currently occurring, whether that’s Comcast’s use of arbitrary and unnecessary usage caps and overage fees (and zero rating of its own content), or the interconnection shenanigans we witnessed when ISPs let peering points congest to drive up costs for content and transit companies.

Keep in mind that net neutrality violations are simply a symptom of the disease that is a lack of competition in both the broadband market.

Competition in cable is a myth, my company leases out fiber for Duke Net. Duke Net is owned by time warner. Timer Warner owns and is now spectrum.

So in essence my company is in “competition” with spectrum. On the back end, utilizes our advanced fiber plant to line the pockets of time Warner through them leasing cell towers to T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon.

To allow them more money to pump into Spectrum..our “competition”. If that competition was real, none of that would make sense.

In addition to that, Comcast leases fiber links from us. We have fiber that runs directly into their local headend.

Competition is a myth

i think you are proving the point of the article. No real competition exists b/c everything out is just a subsidiary of one of the major ones out

Exactly why no one has an incentive to screw the next guy
they are totally screwing by not having a competitor to drive their prices

this is why Madden is shit...they know people will buy it regardless...they have no reason to innovate or really make drastic changes to their current system

they made it possible so that no one else will want to make a football game if they cant have the license

Call me crazy but it seems like my internet been slow as fuck since this was repealed. I wouldn't put it past Comcast to throttle customers who have their own equipment. I bought NBA Live 18 since it was $9 today on PSN and this shit say its going to take 20 hours to download lol

Call me crazy but it seems like my internet been slow as fuck since this was repealed. I wouldn't put it past Comcast to throttle customers who have their own equipment. I bought NBA Live 18 since it was $9 today on PSN and this shit say its going to take 20 hours to download lol
YO! I been saying this. I got a letter from Comcast about them making my internet faster free of charge. This shit been going slower than a turtles pussy since I read that letter.

Back