How many remember 93 Til Infinity?

The Lonious Monk

Celestial Souljah
Jan 8, 2018
How many of ya'll remember this joint? This was kinda like what HipHop was before it went street and never went back. I personally love this joint, but I'm conflicted because this ain't Shook Ones or Cream. I love those songs more, but damn, when the street shit started popping shit like this died. The Pharcyde is another good example. She Keeps On Passing Me By was one of my favorite tracks back in the day, but them dudes never got big because, at the end of the day, we preferred the crazy shit more. I don't know. The 90s was the last great era of HipHop not because of the epic shit we all love but because all the other shit hadn't gotten pushed away yet. I love the Wu, but it was nice to hear some other shit too.

Good song while chillin at the BBQ. Sometimes the situation doesn't call for all that mean mug music. Definition of a classic song. I say that bcuz it gets brought up about 2 or 3 times a year when people are reminiscing.

Why are you conflicted over it??? You can like more than one type of hip hop...

Maybe its because Im outside America where hip hop is a melting pot of all coasts, elements and sub genres but theres always been plenty of space of for all types of hip hop, like you dont always have to listen to grimey East Coast or west coast backpack etc

The Pharcyde were huuuuuge, they prolly still touring Europe and Asia on the regular...

One of the GOAT rap songs of the 90’s. My older cousin had the album on tape we used to wear that thing out.

Why are you conflicted over it??? You can like more than one type of hip hop...

Maybe its because Im outside America where hip hop is a melting pot of all coasts, elements and sub genres but theres always been plenty of space of for all types of hip hop, like you dont always have to listen to grimey East Coast or west coast backpack etc

The Pharcyde were huuuuuge, they prolly still touring Europe and Asia on the regular...

Because the massive push street shit got is part of the reason shit like this practically disappeared.

That's more to do with industry BS than the music itself, but still...

Because the massive push street shit got is part of the reason shit like this practically disappeared.

That's more to do with industry BS than the music itself, but still...

It never disappeared though did it??? Not to my knowledge, obviously in 1993 I was too young to listen to music properly, my introduction to hip hop was 'Boom Shake The Room' and 'Gangsta's Paradise' but groups like Dilated, Hiero, J5, PUTS, Blackalicious and even Slum and The Roots etc are all part of that sub genre and thrived up until now...

Reactions: Greg.nice
It never disappeared though did it??? Not to my knowledge, obviously in 1993 I was too young to listen to music properly, my introduction to hip hop was 'Boom Shake The Room' and 'Gangsta's Paradise' but groups like Dilated, Hiero, J5, PUTS, Blackalicious and even Slum and The Roots etc are all part of that sub genre and thrived up until now...

I think it did. I don't mean it went away completely, but the balance is definitely gone.

Dope for sure. They're on tour w Cypress and Pharcyde starting in April. I'll be attending in May when they visit here

Reactions: Lion_Heart