Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Long...

nobody wanna be in a relationship due to obligation....

i don't wanna guilt someone into being with me....

if i was paralyzed from the neck down, i would want her to move on too

giphy.gif

.... So I'm the only one that thought Mercy kill?

Y'all really in here saying you sticking around for this?

thumb.php
look... I can't... My love requires body and mind. And if he really loved me, he would want me to be happy.

That's some selfish shit to ask someone to continue a monogamous relationship with a veggie. Y'all thinking about the sex, but you forgot you gotta wash and wipe his ass, put clothes on him, wheel him around every where... If I was the one paralyzed I would set that man free and get a nurse or kill myself.
Girl, I respect n see ur POV. Its good to have varied outlooks n ur points make sense too. Thats why I personally wouldn't be surprised if my spouse wanted to be set free, though I'd hope it'd come up beforehand.

My responses to the sex posts were trolling cause it took a graphic turn quick n no longer read serious to me. I elaborated a lil in my last reply. My belief is that, realistically, the nature of your relationship will change simply due to the drastically altered dynamic. Not due to caregiving, sex, money, extent of tragedy, or whatever other isolated factor, but the sum of many including n beyond all that.

I try to be pragmatic. There isn't only the extremes of acting like nothings changed and packing your bags up. There's nuances at times, how that manifests is hard to predict n thats where adaption comes in. It aint an issue of love being conditional. Ima eventually be caring for my parents at home when they're elderly so it isn't the responsibility I'm personally talkin bout either.

If that situation did arise, my guess is that my role will evolve into more of a supportive figure. That is what is meant by my serious posts up in here. Actually leaving the spouse was never said but u know how the frenzy of sanctimony goes.
If he's paralyzed from the neck down for life? That's rough. I would have to be a very committed and loving friend to him.
Get out of your feelings. I never said I'd abandon them. People adapt.
Loving and committed friend. Aka. Still with them, just no longer fucking... because fucking is no longer possible.
It aint gonna be a honeymoon stage or romance novel love but there will still be love. Love evolves. When y'all get very old, marriages tend to evolve into invested/committed friendships anyway. Tragedies like this just expedite that process, albeit in a lopsided way. Hence saying it's complicated. Best u can do is what u feel u'd feel was fair if the shoe was on the other foot.

Back