How Far will this New Generation of Rap go?

silverfoxx

Bitch mob
May 10, 2017
I'm all for open mindedness , but this new meme troll era of hip hop is getting wild bruh. Who is for it? I know alot of posters here are on the older side and not in tuned with the future sound of hip hop, but this is it. Let's have a honest and serious discussion with this shit man because this is where it's going.

Btw all of these videos and rappers are legit successful touring young artists.

shit shouldnt even be called rap call that shit something else. (i did not click)

Most of these cats are out here doing"rock, rave" drug induced cracker party music with a black face.

and niggas love it.. TURN UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

This emo depressed 5th element bullshit needs to go

There is some great music coming from people no doubt but. whats driving the culture and what is omnipresent is.. shit that doesnt really respect the craft its all about the "wave"

Fast food.

Reactions: silverfoxx
You showing the worst of the worst.
Dont forget about:
Joey Bada$$
Vince Staples
Chance the Rapper
Vic Mensa
Denzel Curry
Jaden Smith
Swae Lee
I feel you, Jaden Smith and Denzel Curry is probably the only ones from this that really registering from this list.

I'm not discrediting the talented rappers out by not Including, I'm putting more focus on the other rappers that seemly get faster views, and streams from trolling and the newer artists that's popping up. Vince Staples, chance, and Joey are anomalies compared to the ratio of what's coming out now in hip hop and that's facts bro. The balance is off, the only new dude I can think of is YBN Cordae.

I dig it, fuck letting these same record labels headed by the same figure heads telling the masses what good music is..

Granted we have to sift thru tons of bullshit, but the ones that deserves the shares get them.

Even R&B is doing good.

Lianne la Havas
Masego
FKJ
Tom Misch

Give it time, much like with dubstep leading to the rebirth of funk and disco, this will lead to the rebirth of vintage hip hop.

Burnout will take place.

Reactions: 1/2 and OhMars
I dont know about that..

But i think this is some ways this mirrors "YOLO" and over all dumb it down shit across society

I feel you, Jaden Smith and Denzel Curry is probably the only ones from this that really registering from this list.

I'm not discrediting the talented rappers out by not Including, I'm putting more focus on the other rappers that seemly get faster views, and streams from trolling and the newer artists that's popping up. Vince Staples, chance, and Joey are anomalies compared to the ratio of what's coming out now in hip hop and that's facts bro. The balance is off, the only new dude I can think of is YBN Cordae.
You just seeing that because you live on the internet, these niggas aint really popping like that. They might get youtube clicks but what does that really bring, people opening toys get youtube clicks. That other shit dont equal a career or money or nothing really. Its like looking at a puffer fish, they shit is all inflated. No one will hear from most of those cats in a year, because the people that do listen will grow up and out of that dumb shit.

You just seeing that because you live on the internet, these niggas aint really popping like that. They might get youtube clicks but what does that really bring, people opening toys get youtube clicks. That other shit dont equal a career or money or nothing really. Its like looking at a puffer fish, they shit is all inflated. No one will hear from most of those cats in a year, because the people that do listen will grow up and out of that dumb shit.
I hear you fam, but I think you downplaying the effects of the internet too much. Even record sales are factored in from streams and YouTube and shit. The new age of artists really don't need the streets like that since people are legit living in a virtual reality now.

ppl are still on that dumbshit that the internet aint real..it drives the entertainment industry.. people exist outside of the internet.. i never got that silly line of thought

I hear you fam, but I think you downplaying the effects of the internet too much. Even record sales are factored in from streams and YouTube and shit. The new age of artists really don't need the streets like that since people are legit living in a virtual reality now.
Records sales dont mean anything in the age of streaming, this is like the steroids area in MLB. Everyone gets a plaque, but the plaques really mean nothing at all, especially monetarily.
Like Samson was saying, this shit will burn out and people will get back to the essence

ppl are still on that dumbshit that the internet aint real..it drives the entertainment industry.. people exist outside of the internet.. i never got that silly line of thought
I never said it isnt real, but it can skew your perceptions a lot.

Nigga dont you mean perceptions?
tenor.gif

I never said it isnt real, but it can skew your perceptions a lot.
But i really dont know whats goin on on the internet anyhow i dont follow any of this shit but what i see here tbh.. i hear these kids talk .. its driving the culture where do you think they get it from the internet/radio

The other day kids at the court were having this "deep" convo about all types of asaps and whatever names and how such and such is really real and talking about the xxtenion cat blah balh blah blah..

See you could have had this internet convo like 20 years ago.. but its in everyones hands everyday its not niche thing.

shit shouldnt even be called rap call that shit something else. (i did not click)

Most of these cats are out here doing"rock, rave" drug induced cracker party music with a black face.

and niggas love it.. TURN UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

This emo depressed 5th element bullshit needs to go

Relax. Alot of these kids grew up in the suburbs and have other influences to their music so it comes out. Showing your age lol

But i really dont know whats goin on on the internet anyhow i dont follow any of this shit but what i see here tbh.. i hear these kids talk .. its driving the culture where do you think they get it from the internet/radio

The other day kids at the court were having this "deep" convo about all types of asaps and whatever names and how such and such is really real and talking about the xxtenion cat blah balh blah blah..

See you could have had this internet convo like 20 years ago.. but its in everyones hands everyday its not niche thing.
Did anyone of those kids name any of the bumbs posted in the OP? ASAP and XXX made descent music and were more then internet rapper at this point. The internet is certainly a jumping point, but its bigger then that. The boys your posting aint selling shows like that, the ones I posted are far more sucessful

You are talking about selling out shows im talking about the culture.. and damaging impact it is having. i dont care the money they are making the impact is undeniable..

are they legends
upload_2018-6-29_11-28-42.jpeg