How Far will this New Generation of Rap go?

Did anyone of those kids name any of the bumbs posted in the OP? ASAP and XXX made descent music and were more then internet rapper at this point. The internet is certainly a jumping point, but its bigger then that. The boys your posting aint selling shows like that, the ones I posted are far more sucessful
Trippie Redd, Lil Xan, Ski Mask the Slump God, 69 really are selling shows like that though

Reactions: LUCIEN
You are talking about selling out shows im talking about the culture.. and damaging impact it is having. i dont care the money they are making the impact is undeniable..

are they legends
View attachment 54967
Selling shows isnt just about money, it indicates impact and who's really listening and being influenced. Music is so accessible now that the only good metric as of who is really doing something in the game is by shows.
They are having "impact" on kids under 14, that by the time they are in high school will look back and wonder what the fuck were they listening too. There need for quality will increase and they will promote better music. Im just saying you're giving the clowns you posted too much credit and the ones I posted not enough

But i really dont know whats goin on on the internet anyhow i dont follow any of this shit but what i see here tbh.. i hear these kids talk .. its driving the culture where do you think they get it from the internet/radio

The other day kids at the court were having this "deep" convo about all types of asaps and whatever names and how such and such is really real and talking about the xxtenion cat blah balh blah blah..

See you could have had this internet convo like 20 years ago.. but its in everyones hands everyday its not niche thing.

Lol bruh folks been discussing rap deeply since middle school tho. Its deeper online of course but we really sound like complaining old folks.

i'm almost 50 and really don't understand what these kids are doing that is damaging hip hop. they are all over the place just like we were when i was young. i support that and i support them. as the older generation all we can do is continue to pave the way so that these kids can still be doing hip hop when they are 50 and beyond. they will make mistakes, the will learn, and they will grow. they don't need to sound like us, mimic us, or be compared to us. they need to continue doing their own thing. create stuff that is a representation of who they are.

This shit is wack and kids are keeping it up high where its at. And they will look back in a couple years and when they get older and shake their head.

But like I told yall. Rap music have a real impact on kids and should not be for kids to listen to.

Music influence is real as fuck

Reactions: silverfoxx
This shit is wack and kids are keeping it up high where its at. And they will look back in a couple years and when they get older and shake their head.

But like I told yall. Rap music have a real impact on kids and should not be for kids to listen to.

Music influence is real as fuck

The influence is "real" because the parents are trash and shoulda been spade and neutered.

In a perfect world both parents would be together and know everything but that aint never going to happen

That's not what I meant. You're oversimplifying it. But I'm sure that was your point.

You don't necessarily need to have both parents. It's preferred, but not necessary. You just need people that have some sort of common sense/morality/intelligence about themselves. I'm in favor of the China rule. Or a test to see who gets to have more than 1 kid.

Overall crime is down from.what it was in the 90s the golden era of rap or whatever. I mean its really not that bad now what they listen too

I'm all for open mindedness , but this new meme troll era of hip hop is getting wild bruh. Who is for it? I know alot of posters here are on the older side and not in tuned with the future sound of hip hop, but this is it. Let's have a honest and serious discussion with this shit man because this is where it's going.

How far into the future are we talkin?

With the stuff they're promotin I don't see any of these cats having a long life, let alone a career...

Lil Toenail?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: BDP™️
Nas said in 2006......Old Testament of Hip -Hop from 1973 to 2006

DEFJJVSZIYCD.jpeg

From 2007 till 2040...this is the New Testament of Hip-Hop...Let the New Generation Live

Reactions: Leon'rdo Yung
there has always been trash hip hop, and time will reveal good music. that shit never fails

Reactions: LUCIEN
It gets said all the time, but it's worth mentioning again that if you're worried now just wait until the kids of these kids start rapping

The envelope will only get pushed further in a music genre that is based on rebellion and defiance.

Reactions: silverfoxx