Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED How Do You Feel About Kamala's Policy Proposals For Black Men?

test
I'd like to start by saying Black men are going to overwhelmingly support Kamala Harris in this election. As has always been the case, they will be the group with the second-highest level of support from a single voting bloc for the Democrat candidate, just behind Black women, as they have always been. This idea that Black men are shifting to Trump is extremely disingenuous and worrying. Why is the Democrat establishment pushing this narrative? It's fuck Barack forever now, how dare he talk down to us like the whites have done for so long.

*I say that because this push for Black men is prompted by the lie that Black men aren't going to vote for her.*

Now on to these potential policies (here is the link: https://kamalaharris.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/10/FMfcgzQXJZxzLGgcKmSNQSXCRKXShwxJ.pdf). I'd like everyone to be very cognizant of the language used

Providing 1 million loans that are fully forgivable of up to $20,000 to Black entrepreneurs and others who have historically faced barriers to starting a new business or growing an existing business

This is the kicker and makes up a large part of her proposals, this is not aimed at us and we will not be the main beneficiaries of it, if we wind up benefitting from it at all. Now, that in and of itself is not really that big a deal (I'm sure none of you are so petty as to hate on another's come up) but it's best if we all understand that they are not doing anything specifically tailored to black people or black men and these broad programs and policies, more often than not, wind up going to benefit other groups at a far greater rate than it does us.

The health initiative is fine but I'm extremely skeptical it will be a priority. It may come to exist but it won't be a big deal like they make the transgender and women stuff, so it's effectiveness will be minimal. I do like the mentioning of the need for more Black male teachers. Again, I question how much of an effort will be made but it's nice to see it mentioned.

"... will continue to invest millions of dollars in proven Community Violence Intervention programs..." is PR fluff and "investments" in community-oriented policing has been said a million times. Black men are still being overpoliced.

Honestly, I was going to actually try to respond to the whole thing but I think it's a moot point. A lot of the stuff mentioned is just general "help the minorities" stuff. The only thing that's seemingly aimed at Black men specifically is the health initiative, which sounds fine. Black men could absolutely benefit from everything mentioned but that's been true for things suggested in the past. Problem is, how much of an effort will be made by her administration to make sure Black men are reaping the rewards the same as others?

How loud will she be for the cause? We've been told time and time again what they plan on doing to benefit us and then... nothing. Again, Black men will overwhelmingly go for Kamala - myself included - and the only group that will outpace their support will be Black women.

Last edited:
I don’t rock with her but it’s still more than Trump is doing. How will this be implemented though? Or will this die at the senate and congress?

LMAO.

That shit trash.

And the health initiative is not a black thing that should be for everybody.

This is catering to an extremely small population of black folks because folks don’t want to be entrepreneurs like that. It’s small % of folks regardless of race that want that type lifestyle that comes with owning your own business

Last edited:
niggas like crypto and weed so she is speaking to yall /s

The health stuff is okay the rest is trash. Everyone can't be a business owner so dunno how that helps anyone. There will always be workers and they still being squeezed.

Of all the the things that affect black men, these were no where at the top. Criminal Justice reform should be up there.

I think these policies should help folks realize that many things they want addressed or spoken about are...they just often miss them because they don't come with the label they want it to

Biden said most of the same and she's been his VP for 4 years. I think it might be a little off base to critique the citizenry for wanting action and not just words from their elected officials.

Biden said most of the same and she's been his VP for 4 years. I think it might be a little off base to critique the citizenry for wanting action and not just words from their elected officials.

I'm not criticizing for wanting more than words from elected officials. I'm saying that in some instances, and this has been flat out admitted in somethings I've read and seen people say when reading about this, they flat out miss policies that would benefit them because they want it doesn't come with a "Black only" stamp. We're talking about 2 different things.

I'm not criticizing for wanting more than words from elected officials. I'm saying that in some instances, and this has been flat out admitted in somethings I've read and seen people say when reading about this, they flat out miss policies that would benefit them because they want it doesn't come with a "Black only" stamp. We're talking about 2 different things.

Because general and broad "help the minority" programs have failed to uplift the black community, for whatever reasons. This is not the first time a politician has stated they wished to pursue programs and policies aimed at benefitting people of color, as I've just pointed out. The problem is that black people have not felt the benefits; whether that is precisely true or not, that is the sentiment. That's basically what I was getting at above.

It seems none of you have an issue when they frame policies as for other groups but how dare black people want something framed as for black people. That's a bit frustrating. Not saying I agree with the sentiment but come on, why the hell do y'all have such heat for your own? Of all things to get on people for, getting on them for wanting better is wild.

Last edited:
that crypto shit is random as fuck.

I'm all for the loans for black entrepeneurs...What the interest rates look like? What protections are in place to make sure some entitled white says hey its discrimination that their rates are lower than mine(if thats the case.) Would have liked to see something about more government contracts going to black owned businesses though.

All for the healthcare initiative

All for federally legalizing weed and giving black folks preferential access to those licenses to grow and distribute since we been the most affected by the war on drugs. Black people straight up shouldnt have to pay for the license to grow or distribute.. or at least it should be SEVERELY discounted.

I need to see more details though. Im working so I'm just going offa skimming and headlines. I wanna see the details

Back