Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED How Do You Feel About Kamala's Policy Proposals For Black Men?

test
Because general and broad "help the minority" programs have failed to uplift the black community, for whatever reasons. This is not the first time a politician has stated they wished to pursue programs and policies aimed at benefitting people of color, as I've just pointed out. The problem is that black people have not felt the benefits; whether that is precisely true or not, that is the sentiment. That's basically what I was getting at above.

It seems none of you have an issue when they frame policies as for other groups but how dare black people want something framed as for black people. That's a bit frustrating. Not saying I agree with the sentiment but come on, why the hell do y'all have such heat for your own? Of all things to get on people for, getting on them for wanting better is wild.

The issue isn't folks wanting policies specifically for Black people. The issue is folks blatantly ignoring policies that will benefit Black people because Black people aren't the sole beneficiaries. People missing shit they're asking for because they can't be bothered to actually look at the details of things they criticized as leaving them out. Thats the issue

Black American men aren't taken seriously.

You can tell by the "solutions" that are proposed to Black men.

You can tell how politicians, media and pundits talk to and about Black man.

No matter what, unless we dead or imprisoned, we aren't viable political agents for the powers that be.

That's the facts.

The issue isn't folks wanting policies specifically for Black people. The issue is folks blatantly ignoring policies that will benefit Black people because Black people aren't the sole beneficiaries. People missing shit they're asking for because they can't be bothered to actually look at the details of things they criticized as leaving them out. Thats the issue

We live in a so-called pluralistic democracy of competing interest groups. We are not in this together. There are winners and losers.

Black Americans are the most loyal voting bloc for the Democrats.

There should be exclusive policies and prescriptions for Black Americans and Black Americans only, no different than what every other identity group gets.

Only Black Americans are asked to care about everyone else and everything else besides themselves and no else in this country is asked to do that.

The issue is folks blatantly ignoring policies that will benefit Black people because Black people aren't the sole beneficiaries. People missing shit they're asking for because they can't be bothered to actually look at the details of things they criticized as leaving them out. Thats the issue

You think the black community is just ignorant?

Edit: Sorry, I think you might be talking about someone or some group in particular. There is nothing to suggest what you are saying relates to the black community.

Last edited:
I'd like to start by saying Black men are going to overwhelmingly support Kamala Harris in this election. As has always been the case, they will be the group with the second-highest level of support from a single voting bloc for the Democrat candidate, just behind Black women, as they have always been. This idea that Black men are shifting to Trump is extremely disingenuous and worrying. Why is the Democrat establishment pushing this narrative? It's fuck Barack forever now, how dare he talk down to us like the whites have done for so long.

*I say that because this push for Black men is prompted by the lie that Black men aren't going to vote for her.*

Now on to these potential policies (here is the link: https://kamalaharris.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/10/FMfcgzQXJZxzLGgcKmSNQSXCRKXShwxJ.pdf). I'd like everyone to be very cognizant of the language used

This is the kicker and makes up a large part of her proposals, this is not aimed at us and we will not be the main beneficiaries of it, if we wind up benefitting from it at all. Now, that in and of itself is not really that big a deal (I'm sure none of you are so petty as to hate on another's come up) but it's best if we all understand that they are not doing anything specifically tailored to black people or black men and these broad programs and policies, more often than not, wind up going to benefit other groups at a far greater rate than it does us.

The health initiative is fine but I'm extremely skeptical it will be a priority. It may come to exist but it won't be a big deal like they make the transgender and women stuff, so it's effectiveness will be minimal. I do like the mentioning of the need for more Black male teachers. Again, I question how much of an effort will be made but it's nice to see it mentioned.

"... will continue to invest millions of dollars in proven Community Violence Intervention programs..." is PR fluff and "investments" in community-oriented policing has been said a million times. Black men are still being overpoliced.

Honestly, I was going to actually try to respond to the whole thing but I think it's a moot point. A lot of the stuff mentioned is just general "help the minorities" stuff. The only thing that's seemingly aimed at Black men specifically is the health initiative, which sounds fine. Black men could absolutely benefit from everything mentioned but that's been true for things suggested in the past. Problem is, how much of an effort will be made by her administration to make sure Black men are reaping the rewards the same as others?

How loud will she be for the cause? We've been told time and time again what they plan on doing to benefit us and then... nothing. Again, Black men will overwhelmingly go for Kamala - myself included - and the only group that will outpace their support will be Black women.
Black men are massively going to vote for her (has always), but not at the rate the democrats wants to.

In the polls for the last elections it was between 90-95%, right now itā€™s around 80-85%, which could make a huge difference in the swing states because this election is really tied.

Thatā€™s why you have the democrats completely panicking & Barack Obama lecturing black men even though they have been the most loyal voters (with black women) of the democratic party.

Black American men aren't taken seriously.

You can tell by the "solutions" that are proposed to Black men.

You can tell how politicians, media and pundits talk to and about Black man.

No matter what, unless we dead or imprisoned, we aren't viable political agents for the powers that be.

That's the facts.

Some of that admittedly has to fall back on shit being demanded. You got niggas saying "why isn't Kamala talking about canceling child support for Black men" and other silly shit like that. You get what you demand/ask for.

How is she gonna change the attitudes of white supremist who run the trades like electricians, plumbing/HVAC, welding, carpentry, mechanics, heavy equipment operators , fiber optics & surveyors

Last edited:
You think the black community is just ignorant?

Edit: Sorry, I think you might be talking about someone or some group in particular. There is nothing to suggest what you are saying relates to the black community.

I think people in general regardless of race are ignorant to how these things work. And you can tell often by the things they ask elected officials for and who they ask them from. Hence why since Kamala was tapped to replace Biden all of a sudden people needed to be reminded that the VP isn't the one whose policies and ideas are in place. And they can't make laws or just override what the President wants to do

We live in a so-called pluralistic democracy of competing interest groups. We are not in this together. There are winners and losers.

Black Americans are the most loyal voting bloc for the Democrats.

There should be exclusive policies and prescriptions for Black Americans and Black Americans only, no different than what every other identity group gets.

Only Black Americans are asked to care about everyone else and everything else besides themselves and no else in this country is asked to do that.

Nah other folks are asked. The thing though is that white folks are a big enough group to be able to ignore those things and still get what they want. If white folks viewed each other as they did before groups like Irish and Italians were finally considered white here then you'd see a difference. Just go look at Jewish folks and how quickly they become "white" when certain shit comes up vs when them being Jewish takes precedence

Some of that admittedly has to fall back on shit being demanded. You got niggas saying "why isn't Kamala talking about canceling child support for Black men" and other silly shit like that. You get what you demand/ask for.

No, people like you represent what I am talking about lol.

Nah other folks are asked. The thing though is that white folks are a big enough group to be able to ignore those things and still get what they want. If white folks viewed each other as they did before groups like Irish and Italians were finally considered white here then you'd see a difference. Just go look at Jewish folks and how quickly they become "white" when certain shit comes up vs when them being Jewish takes precedence

No they are not.

I highly doubt Native Americans are asked, "Hey, why don't you stop fighting for tribal rights and recognition so we can get this immigration reform passed."

Nobody would even think of asking them that because they predominantly represent themselves and put themselves above the interests of the country like every other minority group does.

Nobody was asking Asian people to stop and think about the racial harm of Stop Asian Hate when Black Americans was the face anti-Asian violence. They went ahead and did it.

The truth is, Black Americans aren't competitive. They aren't viable political agents because Black American men aren't. We attach ourselves to national level politics and carry water for Democrats any other minority group thinking we are building coalitions but in reality building up a wall of silence for own particular issues.

This question was posed to Twitter and niggas' groundbreaking policy was child support šŸ„“

Why would anybody ask voters what they want on Twitter?

That's not how this works.

You are supposed to ask experts and policymakers that are supposed outline clear and objective socioeconomic detriments and goals.

Now, can we point to experts and adovcates of Black men and boys that exist in the US academy? No, it hardly exist. You can find 100s upon 100s for Black women though.

Lol, I've been on here telling Black American men that the entire world passed them by 30 years ago and it shows during election season because nobody cares about us when we are free and alive.

The country doesn't know what to do with Black men (and men in general). And Black men don't even know what their political and economic needs are because nobody is there to explain them.

You have to give people the language to explain their condition. And we don't do that Black men because they don't matter.

So you gonna get generic answers like child support and business loans. How you gonna expect a class of people that are rarely engaged about what they need in their daily waking life to actually have an idea of what they need politically?

Black men are massively going to vote for her (has always), but not at the rate the democrats wants to.

In the polls for the last elections it was between 90-95%, right now itā€™s around 80-85%, which could make a huge difference in the swing states because this election is really tied.

Thatā€™s why you have the democrats completely panicking & Barack Obama lecturing black men even though they have been the most loyal voters (with black women) of the democratic party.

Black men have supported the Democrat candidate for President at an average rate of 86% since the turn of the century. I am aware of why they are worried about losing support among a key voting bloc but the narrative that black men are turning to Trump, with the hysterics they've chosen to employ, is what I find distressing. It's tired and agenda'd. No other male voting bloc votes with their female counterparts as heavily as Black men. Fuck Barack and the Dem/Left establishment for their nasty insinuations that fly directly in the face of reality. but also, vote Kamala, fuck Trump lol.

Last edited:
I think itā€™s crazy that some of yā€™all really be expecting these not full black and/or white candidates to do a bunch of stuff specifically for black people, and black people only.

They arenā€™t running to be president of the Negroes, they are running for president of the United States. Meaning yesā€¦ any bill they put forward thatā€™s truly beneficial to anyone across the race and/or gender spectrum, must also be, in practice, must also beneficial to everyone. Thats why they word it like that. Otherwise the Supreme Court will just throw that shit out as ā€œunconstitutionalā€.

Thatā€™s why even though affirmative action was written with us in mind, it had to include everyone, and ended up benefiting others more. And even when they finally threw it out, it was on the premise of it being ā€œfor usā€.

So what in this countryā€™s history makes you believe that Black specific beneficial policy is something thatā€™s just gonna happen out of the kindness of this majority white Christian nationā€™s collective hearts?

And donā€™t try to tell me about that ā€œStop Asian hateā€ bill, that was completely unnecessary and does absolutely nothing anyway.

Last edited:
I think itā€™s crazy that some of yā€™all really be expecting these not full black and/or white candidates to do a bunch of stuff specifically for black people, and black people only.

What in this countryā€™s history makes you believe thatā€™s something thatā€™s just gonna happen out of the kindness of this majority white Christian nationā€™s collective hearts?

And donā€™t try to tell me about that ā€œStop Asian hateā€ bill, that was completely unnecessary and does absolutely nothing anyway.

No one is really saying that here at least.

No they are not.

I highly doubt Native Americans are asked, "Hey, why don't you stop fighting for tribal rights and recognition so we can get this immigration reform passed."

Nobody would even think of asking them that because they predominantly represent themselves and put themselves above the interests of the country like every other minority group does.

Nobody was asking Asian people to stop and think about the racial harm of Stop Asian Hate when Black Americans was the face anti-Asian violence. They went ahead and did it.

The truth is, Black Americans aren't competitive. They aren't viable political agents because Black American men aren't. We attach ourselves to national level politics and carry water for Democrats any other minority group thinking we are building coalitions but in reality building up a wall of silence for own particular issues.

You'd be wrong in all of those assessments and even in your framing of them. Even with the stop Asian hate thing...then and now you can find people talking about who actually was committing the violence.

Black folks aren't being asked to stop fighting for the things being fought for. Thats a huge point of contention in this very election actually because of the Israel-Palestine conflict and people being upset that Black folks aren't putting that as their main issue but instead are pushing for and focusing on other things. What you're saying isn't happening actually is in real time. But there's a loud group of niggas just asking for stupid shit

Back