Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 06-16-24

Pick A Team

• Team Black

• Team Green

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nuance isn't lacking in here at all.

It is wild for folks to be watching a whole show made up off of fantasy and when some say they could've left the pedo stuff out. Others come in a say well it happened back in those times.

There ain't no fucking times cause the whole fucking show is made up. It's a fantasy show which means none of it is real so the pedo shit NEVER needed to be written in the show or books if it's there as well.

That is all folks is saying but for some reason it's being ignored. It's a show about a make believe group of people, countries, kings, queens, animals, etc. not a show based off a real person and then transformed into a fantasy show.

Nuance isn't lacking in here at all.

It is wild for folks to be watching a whole show made up off of fantasy and when some say they could've left the pedo stuff out. Others come in a say well it happened back in those times.

There ain't no fucking times cause the whole fucking show is made up. It's a fantasy show which means none of it is real so the pedo shit NEVER needed to be written in the show or books if it's there as well.

That is all folks is saying but for some reason it's being ignored. It's a show about a make believe group of people, countries, kings, queens, animals, etc. not a show based off a real person and then transformed into a fantasy show.
I thought bringing up history was odd but it was in the book. It was also in the GoT show and books 🤷‍♂️ Remember the kingsguard that kept saying "too old"?

Littlefinger mentioned that some of his clients had some sick fetishes that his brothel provided

Some authors write some sick shit. Stephan King's IT book has a really sick scene that thankfully never made it to screen

I thought bringing up history was odd but it was in the book. It was also in the GoT show and books 🤷‍♂️ Remember the kingsguard that kept saying "too old"?

Littlefinger mentioned that some of his clients had some sick fetishes that his brothel provided

Some authors write some sick shit. Stephan King's IT book has a really sick scene that thankfully never made it to screen

I know it's was in the original show. Like you said bringing up history is odd when that doesn't fit here because none of the shit in the show is real.

The shit should've been left at the bold because that is all it is. Has nothing to do with reality or history.

Author:s have a history of putting shit like that in their books and TV renditions have choices to make.

This show decided to keep the age difference and it was a turn off to most. They could have easily made her 15-16 and have an even older actress play her like they did with Sansa....

But they chose to keep her at 12 and cast a child with a man in his 50's so it would look disgusting. And for a show that will show blood and guts and over the top gore.. It was purposely done for the very reason of the sick shock value modern viewers would have watching the two of them walk thru the garden.

"The whole my mother said I wouldn't have to bed you until 14" line was delivered to jolt the audience

So when someone expresses natural disgust in seeing a horrible practice in display, you gotta stop acting like the shit wasn't designed to generate disgust just because the practice was historically accurate.....

It's historically accurate that they used black babies as gator bait in the south.... You really ready for a deep south TV series that shows white men ripping black babies from their mother and throwing them to alligators just cuz it's historically accurate...

Or do you find black suffering on TV just as disgusting as some find pedophilic practices in arranged marriages?

bdf748b667514b953a4888316bbecb6c03a4430e.gifv

70c92f4814e6bf67315ceeab1bbef4ff6b73c96a.gifv

I’m not saying the pseudo pedo stuff SHOULD be in there. Just that it doesn’t matter. Like y’all said, it’s all fantasy and make believe. No kid is really getting bedded at 14 on the set.

Authors put fucked up shit in their stories all the time to elicit a reaction. Rape, murder, torture, child abuse, child neglect, drug abuse, etc. are staples in stories, shows, and movies. But yeah, let’s act like it’s new in HOTD and argue about it for 8 pages.

Biggie said “don’t you know my nigga Gutter fuckin’ kidnap kids, fuck ‘em in the ass throw ‘em over the bridge”. And he’s still everybody’s favorite rapper.

Offering the child up served its purpose....it got yall in here still talking about the shit 4 days later. You ain't gotta like it or agree but they went there.

And it further illustrated the complexities of the characters and why GRRM and company are great story tellers. One hand you hate how soft Viserys is and on the other you can appreciate he ain't a pedo who was gonna marry a child just for the sake of uniting a powerful house

Niggas acting like this gonna be the story of the rest of the show. Spent more time on it than the actual scene itselfl

And don't call it a discussion. You niggas complaining for the sake of complaining

Offering the child up served its purpose....it got yall in here still talking about the shit 4 days later. You ain't gotta like it or agree but they went there.

And it further illustrated the complexities of the characters and why GRRM and company are great story tellers. One hand you hate how soft Viserys is and on the other you can appreciate he ain't a pedo who was gonna marry a child just for the sake of uniting a powerful house

Niggas acting like this gonna be the story of the rest of the show. Spent more time on it than the actual scene itselfl

And don't call it a discussion. You niggas complaining for the sake of complaining
People talking more about that cause the show ain't gave anything of worth so far. They need to step it up cause it's been mid so far

Daemon and Corlys plotting
Otto and his daughter plotting
Invasion of the StepStones

They been giving it up the first 2 episodes. Yall just spoiled
The very last scene of the last episode.

You damn right I'm spoiled to want more from a show I'm giving my time to

Back