Welcome To aBlackWeb

House committee debates - H.R. 7910, the “Protecting Our Kids Act” raise the age to purchase a semi automatic to 21, and ban new large capacity mags

Agree with everything but that last statement. Voting and owning a weapon whose sole purpose is to kill are different. Very different. And conflating the two is preposterous. But if it gets guns out of those folks hands I wouldn’t be against it.

every weapon, by definition, has one purpose: to kill. This includes swords, spears, bow and arrow, etc. Stop saying that, you sound ridiculous.

And, yeah, if you're not responsible to own a gun, drink alcohol, smoke weed, etc before you're 21, then you're also not responsible enough to vote yet either.

every weapon, by definition, has one purpose: to kill. This includes swords, spears, bow and arrow, etc. Stop saying that, you sound ridiculous.

And, yeah, if you're not responsible to own a gun, drink alcohol, smoke weed, etc before you're 21, then you're also not responsible enough to vote yet either.
You’ve defined cars as weapons that can be used in mass killings so I only make the distinction for people like you. You’re welcome.

And equating voting to owning a gun is super ridiculous. If you can’t see that then there’s no reasoning with you.

Last edited:
You’ve defined cars as weapons that can be used in mass killings so I only make the distinction for people like you. You’re welcome.

And equating voting to owning a gun is super ridiculous. If you can’t see that then there’s no reasoning with you.

Quote me. 'Cause that shit never happened.

If you can't see that this is about whether or not you're responsible based on your age, then there's no reasoning with YOU.

Being responsible enough to own a gun versus being responsible enough to contribute to the process that can affect hundreds of millions of lives.

Quote me. 'Cause that shit never happened.

If you can't see that this is about whether or not you're responsible based on your age, then there's no reasoning with YOU.

Being responsible enough to own a gun versus being responsible enough to contribute to the process that can affect hundreds of millions of lives.
Someone can definitely be responsible enough to vote but not responsible enough to own a gun. Wtf are you talking about?

You think someone in the heat of the moment is going to revenge vote? Or they will get drunk and threaten people with their vote? Or their kid gets their vote and votes themselves off the face of the earth?

With all of the back and forth about this I probably lumped you in with others that share your POV. You’ve certainly made a correlation using cars though.

So when we drafted laws against drunk driving, did we ban cars or alcohol??? 'cause, you know, those were the "instruments used" to mow down innocent people.

They make the distinction because hangduns are easily concealed, easier to use impulsively and, overwhelmingly, used in criminal activities, rifles not so much.

On that same token you can say that semi-automatic rifles are overwhelmingly used by under 21 year olds to shoot up schools, grocery stores, theaters and all that.

Someone can definitely be responsible enough to vote but not responsible enough to own a gun. Wtf are you talking about?

You think someone in the heat of the moment is going to revenge vote? Or they will get drunk and threaten people with their vote? Or their kid gets their vote and votes themselves off the face of the earth?

With all of the back and forth about this I probably lumped you in with others that share your POV. You’ve certainly made a correlation using cars though.

So you're really gonna just sit here and act like you didn't just say this:

You’ve defined cars as weapons that can be used in mass killings

I didn't, and no amount of mental gymnastics you could pull off would make that shit true.

And if you're being willfully dense about the point I was making when I referenced drunk drivers, then there's no need to even continue with you. You don't want to see it because to do so would make your arguments irrelevant.

On that same token you can say that semi-automatic rifles are overwhelmingly used by under 21 year olds to shoot up schools, grocery stores, theaters and all that.

And if you said that, you'd be completely wrong because as I pointed out in another thread 77% of all mass shootings in the last 40 years were committed with handguns, not by rifles and the median age of mass shooters is 33 years old.

banning standard capacity magazines won’t stop anything.

people will just carry a bunch more mags

Virginia tech shooter did exactly that. The Walther p22 has a 10 round capacity and the glock 19 holds 15 rounds, he just bought extras. Wikipedia said dude had a total of 19 mags with him and 400 rounds of ammo in total.

To them militarizing our schools is mental health. Like they think that a stressed out and underpaid teacher needs a gun to defend a class against a school shooter. If that happens, A kid is getting shot the first week that shit comes into play.
i'm also under the impression that the kid wont need to bring gun to school anymore. they can overpower and take one from the old ms williams

looks like they're trying to ban high cap magazines too.

I'll be picking up that 50 round drum for my Sub2000 while I'm picking up an AR and ordering 3-4 more magazines for the CMR

Back