Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Hot 97 Fires Paddy Duke Who Was Part of Mob That Killed Yusuf Hawkins

From what I've been seeing online, hot97 wasn't always the station you know them as today

i.e. it wasn't always hip hop 24/7. @Chicity hit the nail on the head about the day and age of information. It's also my understanding dude didn't just start out at the top. He was probably a grunt worker and they didn't bother to do a thorough background check back then. He's also not black so, you see where I'm going with this.

It's ok to be upset and angry, but let's make sure we're directing that to the people who actually had the power to hire him. Don't assume everyone knew about it and then didn't say anything. It's no secret I can't stand Ebro, but according to what I've read, he wasn't even there and it would be a cool ten year gap until Ebro got hired or something so I'm not gonna blame him for knowing when there's no way he could've.

From what I've been seeing online, hot97 wasn't always the station you know them as today

i.e. it wasn't always hip hop 24/7. @Chicity hit the nail on the head about the day and age of information. It's also my understanding dude didn't just start out at the top. He was probably a grunt worker and they didn't bother to do a thorough background check back then. He's also not black so, you see where I'm going with this.

It's ok to be upset and angry, but let's make sure we're directing that to the people who actually had the power to hire him. Don't assume everyone knew about it and then didn't say anything. It's no secret I can't stand Ebro, but according to what I've read, he wasn't even there and it would be a cool ten year gap until Ebro got hired or something so I'm not gonna blame him for knowing when there's no way he could've.

they were then he was one of those guys angie would reference every show he was a bit player not sure what his role was at the time intern or what have you but he was known of if you grew up in the tri-state around that time

they were then he was one of those guys angie would reference every show he was a bit player not sure what his role was at the time intern or what have you but he was known of if you grew up in the tri-state around that time
Agreed

Get at Angie then, especially if she from that area. I was willing to give hey a pass as well until I read she was from where he from. Idk how you not know something like that

Agreed

Get at Angie then, especially if she from that area. I was willing to give hey a pass as well until I read she was from where he from. Idk how you not know something like that
yeah Ebro has nothing to do with this there shouldnt be any pressure o him to respond but if you are around then you gotta speak up

I generally don't like Italians (few are cool but a lot of them are racist as fuck). I remember as a kid when we first moved to Scarborough we were the first black family on the block they started to move out. One of the families stayed (probably couldn't move away). The kids were cool and so was the mother and grandmother but the father was racist as fuck. I couldn't be around when he was home. The funny thing were his kids were the fucking troublemakers.
What bothers me about this is that they running us out now.

Agreed

That don't mean she was connected to it. She is Puerto Rican so she might have been a target too.

But if she knew.....She gotta go too. Hope she rehabbing good.

I don't know man. I'm still up in the air about this.
I see where your going.

We all did some shit.....Not as serious as murder but we did some shit. That doesn't invalidate how the other person may feel and may want you fired from your job after 18yrs.

Fair or nah?

We all know killers...Do we tell to get them convicted? Are we withholding info?

This can be kinda dangerous and can backfire.

I see where your going.

We all did some shit.....Not as serious as murder but we did some shit. That doesn't invalidate how the other person may feel and may want you fired from your job after 18yrs.

Fair or nah?

We all know killers...Do we tell to get them convicted? Are we withholding info?

This can be kinda dangerous and can backfire.
For the most part.

We done some dumb shit in out lives and for the most part nobody knows what we did and I'm cool with that. In this case this jackass did something what he did nobody knows for sure but he did play some part in brother Yusef situation.

Seems like dude changed his life around and somebody (Hot 97) took a chance on him. Shit I pray that happens to all people coming out of prison so that's why I'm not all gung-ho and bashing dude.

Back