Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Hot 97 Fires Paddy Duke Who Was Part of Mob That Killed Yusuf Hawkins

SMH @ another Culture Vulture taking the focus away
Yusuf Hawkins, the subject of the documentary “Storm Over Brooklyn.”

I don't know of this Patty Duke clown but I do know of the Yusef Hawkins story. I'm legit shocked that homie was hired at a "black & brown" station for all these years.

I'm all for people changing their life around and starting over and he probably done that because none of us know what he went through BUT such a publicized thing in that area would make you think that the people doing the hiring would know what and whom homie is and what he was a part of.

I got a lot of family in prison for crimes they did as teenagers from drugs, assault and murder and they all got dates to come home. I hope they get a second chance one day so this subject here is a odd one for me.

So why fire dude?

Because of the image the company wants to have?

Nah that's bullshit.

I rather him keep his job and get charged with accessory.

And can hot 97 get permanently cancelled. Someone knew something.

This is bullshit

It’s like we ain’t learned cant fully trust them folks
It's not about trusting them......Per se.

It's some people don't want to rock the boat or fyck up they cash.....Because if we supported each other like we should , people would not feel the need to even entertain such people. Because they won't be needed.

They knew, they just wanted to save face.
This is the million dollar answer.
I can't believe with his face and name in the paper. Also looking at parts of the doc, it's too many people for them to not know who dude was.
My thing is and I haven't looked up how far his name goes into songs and being seen in videos but damn they let him rock this long.
Reminds me of Trump taking that ad out in the paper about the Central Park 5. People after the fact still mentioning him in songs and taking pictures with him. Should have had middle fingers from the beginning.

I generally don't like Italians (few are cool but a lot of them are racist as fuck). I remember as a kid when we first moved to Scarborough we were the first black family on the block they started to move out. One of the families stayed (probably couldn't move away). The kids were cool and so was the mother and grandmother but the father was racist as fuck. I couldn't be around when he was home. The funny thing were his kids were the fucking troublemakers.

Back