Welcome To aBlackWeb

HOF or FOH: Michael Vick

HOF or FOH: Michael Vick

• Total voters
I'm still waiting to understand why Vick came in the league after McNabb and McNair, and had a less impressive career (both have a SB appearance, and McNair has an MVP), but gets credited for paving the way for athletic black quarterbacks.

I'm still waiting to understand why Vick came in the league after McNabb and McNair, and had a less impressive career (both have a SB appearance, and McNair has an MVP), but gets credited for paving the way for athletic black quarterbacks.

Cuz Mike had charisma to go with freakish athleticsm.

McNabb is seen as a cornball. McNair from Mississippi and didn't have much personality.

Cuz Mike had charisma to go with freakish athleticsm.

McNabb is seen as a cornball. McNair from Mississippi and didn't have much personality.

What? You think owners, GM's, and coaches care if a quarterback is a cornball or doesn't have much personality? Productivity and winning is what matters. The Patriots dynasty was based on not having a personality. Russel Wilson is corny as Hell...damn near every franchise would want him. Baker Mayfield has a big personality... people don't want him.

Vick's charisma didn't change the NFL

What? You think owners, GM's, and coaches care if a quarterback is a cornball or doesn't have much personality? Productivity and winning is what matters. The Patriots dynasty was based on not having a personality. Russel Wilson is corny as Hell...damn near every franchise would want him. Baker Mayfield has a big personality... people don't want him.

Vick's charisma didn't change the NFL

I'm saying that's why blacks are forgetting the contributions of McNabb and McNair

Neither of those dudes ever had elite athleticism for a skill player, they were just athletic QBs. They followed the Randall Cunningham model.

It’s a whole different convo when guys like Mike, Lamar, and Kyler are able to keep playing the QB in the NFL.

Neither of those dudes ever had elite athleticism for a skill player, they were just athletic QBs. They followed the Randall Cunningham model.

It’s a whole different convo when guys like Mike, Lamar, and Kyler are able to keep playing the QB in the NFL.

But big up him all you want for being athletic. He didn't change the game.

He opened the minds of some to leaving dudes like him @ QB

That’s changing the game to me

It’s only 1 QB that’s like Vick In the NFL and the rest is like Mcnabb/Young.

And to be real. Since Tanehill took over his numbers is better than Jackson and nobody would say he’s a MVP

Last edited:
He opened the minds of some to leaving dudes like him @ QB

That’s changing the game to me

No he didn't. Vick was more athlete than QB. He was an elite athlete with below average passing. He showed you can't succeed at the position with that play style and frame. And that you need to be able to pass at a high level to play QB. You can't run your way to success.

Man. I don't feel like doing all this again. Just read what's already been posted, haha.

Vick is one of my favorite players of all time, but nah, he didn't do enough to be in the HoF.

That said, Boomer Esiason is there so...

Falcons should have retired his jersey though

Bijan a dog but it’s wild to see him out there in that 7

Back