Welcome To aBlackWeb

He Said: "Black People Rather LOOK RICH Than ACTUALLY BE RICH!

this talking point is so fucking tired and of course anti-Black, anti-poor @DOS_patos is leading the bandwagon. this is why you irk me

i use to shame Black people who were seemingly "poor” but spent their money on flashy gear blah blah blah but i get it now. theyre just afraid of appearing poor. america is not a place to be poor. to be poor in america is a frightening thing. its violence. to be poor here is to be sub-human. some type of character flaw, or low morality and ethics. u are something to be tolerated. someones learning moment of what NOT to be. when in all actuality poverty is just simply a lack of money and the desire for riches in "poor" black people is perhaps the equivalent of buying one’s freedom. that is to say, in an attempt to buy one’s humanness. AND the fact that some of us just like nice things which im learning is perfectly...ok

but how terrible is it to live in a society where your worth is hinged on your wealth. one of the largest problems we face as a culture is how poorly we determine someone's value.

i just hope that youre never so broke that all you have is money.

Very true.

Yes you can tell the difference. Also the biggest difference between the 2 is quality of material used and how long each it will hold up to wear and tear.

There is a real reason people say you get what you pay for.

That is not to say go out buy $300 jeans if you can't really afford it but if can and want to buy it you should. If you can't it afford a person shouldn't compromise themselves to get it cause its not the $300 jeans that makes the person. But yes there is a difference between the 2.

You really can't tell the difference unless the more expensive jeans have a way to signify to other people that they are, indeed, expensive jeans; that usually happens through the labeling.

As for the materials, there's very little difference between denim made at a mill in China versus those made in India, Pakistan, or Bangladesh. The cost may be greater or lower because of the price of labor or the raw cotton used to make the twill that gets woven into denim is cheaper, but really not much else.

I stay wearing jeans from Old Navy or Walmart. The only time I've ever had an issue is if I caused damage to them from something I did otherwise they last for years.

You really can't tell the difference unless the more expensive jeans have a way to signify to other people that they are, indeed, expensive jeans; that usually happens through the labeling.

As for the materials, there's very little difference between denim made at a mill in China versus those made in India, Pakistan, or Bangladesh. The cost may be greater or lower because of the price of labor or the raw cotton used to make the twill that gets woven into denim is cheaper, but really not much else.

I stay wearing jeans from Old Navy or Walmart. The only time I've ever had an issue is if I caused damage to them from something I did otherwise they last for years.

Yall entitled to your opinion. I disagree

this talking point is so fucking tired and of course anti-Black, anti-poor @DOS_patos is leading the bandwagon. this is why you irk me

i use to shame Black people who were seemingly "poor” but spent their money on flashy gear blah blah blah but i get it now. theyre just afraid of appearing poor. america is not a place to be poor. to be poor in america is a frightening thing. its violence. to be poor here is to be sub-human. some type of character flaw, or low morality and ethics. u are something to be tolerated. someones learning moment of what NOT to be. when in all actuality poverty is just simply a lack of money and the desire for riches in "poor" black people is perhaps the equivalent of buying one’s freedom. that is to say, in an attempt to buy one’s humanness. AND the fact that some of us just like nice things which im learning is perfectly...ok

but how terrible is it to live in a society where your worth is hinged on your wealth. one of the largest problems we face as a culture is how poorly we determine someone's value.

Damn the bold is interesting and especially the underlined.

What made you feel like having nice things wasn't "ok"?

i am happy to irk you.
let me know when you need irking again.

this is true but we also gotta stop saying what everyone does if we not doing what everyone does.

its crazy how we can say everyone does it when it comes to our own accountability.
but then when its time to replicate others actions to rise up....its not the same energy.

but thats just my opinion.
Oh shit

That's irrelevant. We just disagree on this issue. Ain't the first one or going to be the last one.
i mean, its very relevant since you vehemently disagree with everyone else who is cosigning on Old Navy and the like, but to your point, if you rather not share, that's your right

i mean, its very relevant since you vehemently disagree with everyone else who is cosigning on Old Navy and the like, but to your point, if you rather not share, that's your right

It's irrelevant because no matter what jeans I wear. It's not going to change how everyone else or myself see it.

It's ok to want nice things, but going broke to possess those nice things is a problem.

If I was working an 8-5 getting what I used to I could, in theory, have enough money to pay for the note and insurance on a McLaren 570s. It would be an incredibly STUPID use of my money, but I could do it. That's not to say that I can actually afford to own such a car, but I could pay for one.

There's a difference between paying for something and affording it. To be able to pay for something you simply come up with the money by one means or another, and usually that takes the form of going into debt. When you can actually afford certain items, you don't have to scrape and save for it; you can simply buy it. No layaway, no saving up, no credit card. You can reach into your wallet or purse, pull out the money or debit card on your bank and pay for it without that amount of money impacting your livelihood. You're not shuffling bills around, you're not changing your eating habits, you're not foregoing living essentials, you simply have the money to spare.

I'm a bit of a bum so I wear clothes til they tattered but I get wantin' to wear nice shit.

@the thread tho' I don't think I kno' anyone who spends on clothes instead of bills

ole tired of fighting ass nigga.

How does knowing what brand of jeans I wear move the discussion forward?

It's just a basic disagreement I see it one way. Yall see it the other way. It's one of the things that is really that simple.

It's ok to want nice things, but going broke to possess those nice things is a problem.

If I was working an 8-5 getting what I used to I could, in theory, have enough money to pay for the note and insurance on a McLaren 570s. It would be an incredibly STUPID use of my money, but I could do it. That's not to say that I can actually afford to own such a car, but I could pay for one.

There's a difference between paying for something and affording it. To be able to pay for something you simply come up with the money by one means or another, and usually that takes the form of going into debt. When you can actually afford certain items, you don't have to scrape and save for it; you can simply buy it. No layaway, no saving up, no credit card. You can reach into your wallet or purse, pull out the money or debit card on your bank and pay for it without that amount of money impacting your livelihood. You're not shuffling bills around, you're not changing your eating habits, you're not foregoing living essentials, you simply have the money to spare.

blah blah blah

there will be poor ppl in the world and they have every right to spend their money like everyone else.

maybe read a book on how poverty operates. it rarely has to do with someones personal choices

Back