Welcome To aBlackWeb

He Said: "Black People Rather LOOK RICH Than ACTUALLY BE RICH!

you can look nice without spending a shit load of money.

can you really tell the different between $30 jeans and $300 jeans?

Ooh ok is that what the vid is gettin' at?

I was thinkin' about myself and my family and the families around me so that didn't even pop into my head.

I don't wear brand shit so most of my clothes are cheap and I'ma be the first to say you can absolutely tell a difference.

tenor.gif

ok, i understand your pov a lil better now, but like i said, we either know someone or have done it at some point.

There is some truth behind it. I don't think its done to try and look rich but to feel inclusive to whatever the trend is at the time

Thats my point.

Knowing someone that has done it doesnt make it a black peoples thing.

Its really an established vs none established thing. Take me, none black. As a youngin with nothing, growing up very poor, looking rich was everything to me in my late teens and early twenties. Once I matured and made money, my focus changed quickly. Said fuck the Benz, let me buy some properties.

And, as a case study, not to be that guy but I dont have a single white friend. All my friends are Black, Hispanic and Middle Eastern. Add to that that almost all of my friends now make 100k+ a year. Some of these friends I grew up with, and we were all poor and we were all dyin to stunt. Regardless of race. Now that we are established and make decent money, all of us are more focused on how to invest and keep a low profile.

So back to the topic. Do people really act like this? Yes. But is it fair to say "Black People" act like this? Nah. Not in my personal real life experience.

Its more of a established vs being young thing.

The generilization is taking something everyone does and say "Black People" do this. Shit is mental warfare and done on purpose for everyone, including black people, to look down on black people and shit is false.

Being none black, I don't get into these topics here cause no one here really knows me and will rightfully question where im coming from.

In so many words, I hate generalizations.

while this is true, the conversation is about black people and we all know people who fit this topic of convo
But it starts a deceptive dialogue with no real solution if we dismiss accountability by saying we're this way naturally

Thats my point.

Knowing someone that has done it doesnt make it a black peoples thing.

Its really an established vs none established thing. Take me, none black. As a youngin with nothing, growing up very poor, looking rich was everything to me in my late teens and early twenties. Once I matured and made money, my focus changed quickly. Said fuck the Benz, let me buy some properties.

And, as a case study, not to be that guy but I dont have a single white friend. All my friends are Black, Hispanic and Middle Eastern. Add to that that almost all of my friends now make 100k+ a year. Some of these friends I grew up with, and we were all poor and we were all dyin to stunt. Regardless of race. Now that we are established and make decent money, all of us are more focused on how to invest and keep a low profile.

So back to the topic. Do people really act like this? Yes. But is it fair to say "Black People" act like this? Nah. Not in my personal real life experience.

Its more of a established vs being young thing.

The generilization is taking something everyone does and say "Black People" do this. Shit is mental warfare and done on purpose for everyone, including black people, to look down on black people and shit is false.

Being none black, I don't get into these topics here cause no one here really knows me and will rightfully question where im coming from.

In so many words, I hate generalizations.

Good post!!

Ooh ok is that what the vid is gettin' at?

I was thinkin' about myself and my family and the families around me so that didn't even pop into my head.

I don't wear brand shit so most of my clothes are cheap and I'ma be the first to say you can absolutely tell a difference.
imma cheap bastid as well.

certain things i just wont spend alot on.

i dont work like that so i can have a pair of jeans or sneakers for years.

and when they get holes in them.....i use them to clean in

i know dudes in the project with them type jeans.

im not sure they telling the truth about the cost tho.

A lot of niggas clothes, shoes and belts and broads clothes, shoes and bags be fake as shit.

Counterfeiting high fashion items is a billion dollar industry in itself.

Hence this thread folks "Looking rich"

Back