Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO HBO Max Streaming Service

If that were the case, then WB wouldn't be in this position

Obviously the do, otherwise they wouldn't be able to give AT&T/WB 40 Billion, plus take on their debt

You're confusing the viewers with the company.

Also, I do agree in the sense that............Discovery wouldn't pay $40 billion plus take on debt if they didn't want their content.

I'm only questioning why they seem to be working against themselves by getting rid of the kind of content they paid $40 billion for.

Unless they don't have anyone over there who knows how to distinguish their good content from their bad content.

Because, the way I see it, all the garbage content is all the bullshit they're offering on Discovery +.

The Warner Bros side is golden.

And why are the trying to get rid of all the kids content?

Doesn't make sense at all sense that demographic generates the most revenue.

A lot of parents probably signed up for HBOMax just to get that kind of content........Sesame Street in particular.

But because it's not the direction the Discovery people wanna go...........they're just gonna scrap it altogether???

KRS-ONE gif.gif

I mean, who gets rid of Sesame Street?

Kobe wtf gif.gif

Bad business.

And you're confusing WB with HBO.

WB has been catching hell the last few years. From revolving CEO's, to pissing off directors and actors, and everything in-between.

I ain't reading the rest of that bullshit.

Nah, I think you're the one who's confused.

When I say WB.............I'm referring to Warner Brothers.

Warner Bros is a Time Warner company.

Time Warner owns all of Warner Bros' content...........which includes their vast catalog that spans decades.

Time Warner is also the parent company of HBO.

Discovery bought out Time Warner...........which, again, owns HBO.........and, as a result, now owns all of HBO's content in the process.

Basically, Time Warner............Warner Bros..............and HBO are all a part of the same package.

So, what is it you don't understand?

Last edited:
Nah, I think you're the one who's confused.

When I say WB.............I'm referring to Warner Brothers.

Warner Bros is a Time Warner company.

Time Warner owns all of Warner Bros' content...........which includes their vast catalog that spans decades.

Time Warner is also the parent company of HBO.

Discovery bought out Time Warner...........which, again, owns HBO.........and, as a result, now owns all of HBO's content in the process.

Basically, Time Warner............Warner Bros..............and HBO are all a part of the same package.

So, what is it you don't understand?

If that brand was that fuckn strong, then they wouldn't be taken over by Discovery

We're done

If that brand was that fuckn strong, then they wouldn't be taken over by Discovery

We're done

Ok, so..........you're just dumb then.

Nothing more than a simpleton with poor comprehension skills...............or you're trolling.

Either way, this is a waste of my time.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Months before the Justice Department blessed the $43 billion Warner Bros. Discovery merger, 30 members of Congress warned the agency in a letter that the resulting competition vacuum could allow the newly formed giant to ignore what consumers want. Among the antitrust concerns they pressed was that it could dampen diverse and inclusive programming — which has become a common criticism after WBD canned its $90 million HBO Max film Batgirl, the first DC movie led by a Latina, Leslie Grace.

The message was clear: Batgirl doesn’t live up to Warners’ new standards for theatrical releases and has no place in its streaming plans. (Blue Beetle, starring Xolo Maridueña as DC’s first Latino superhero, in December was scheduled for an August 2023 theatrical release after initially being destined for HBO Max.) So far, WBD has taken an $825 million write-down on content — axing projects like Scoob!: Holiday Haunt, Wonder Twins and J.J. Abrams’ big-budget sci-fi drama Demimonde — to help pay off $50 billion-plus in debt it racked up to complete the deal.

Castro agrees that the company’s plans to slash spending on content raises antitrust issues, observing that there’s “already been large cuts throughout the company and they’re anticipating more.” He also notes that the prospect of having a long-labored project killed for tax purposes will scare off talent. “I don’t know if that was the best way for David Zaslav and his new team to introduce themselves to Hollywood,” he says. “I don’t see people wanting to do business with them.”

Fifty BILLION in debt...

• Max Ad-Lite ($9.99/month or $99.99/year): Two concurrent streams, 1080p HD resolution, no offline downloads, 5.1 surround sound quality
  • Max Ad Free ($15.99/month or $149.99/year): Two concurrent streams, 1080p HD, up to 30 offline downloads, 5.1 surround sound quality
  • Max Ultimate Ad Free ($19.99/month or $199.99/year): Four concurrent streams, up to 4K Ultra HD resolution, 100 offline downloads, Dolby Atmos sound quality
Damn

Back