Welcome To aBlackWeb

Have Eminem ever went against any rapper in his prime?

That shit with ja rule was the whole damn label against 1 dude. With that being said that was ja fault for thinking he pac on some hit em up shit and dissing a whole label

Aside from the legal shit. Murder inc n Ja problem was that they needed more talented rappers for a war on wax against 50 n them. But by then they were more of a R&B label. You cant feature Cadillac Tah, ashanti, LLoyd, and black child on a diss. When 50 bringing out prime Lloyd Banks, Game, Buck. Then add Yayo w the funnies.

I think the real question is.
Did any rapper in their prime challenge eminem? And why not?
Lyrically alot of rappers were hesitant to go at Em like that. Also, alot of real lyricists respected eminem. Regardless of how "real hip hop heads" saw it. If u go back to that time, alot of respected lyrical rappers were giving Em props. Jay, Nas, jada, redman, etc. Even Rakim I think came out and said Eminem was one of the GOATS.
Ja Rule was a 50 cent beef. With way too many other rappers involved and features to really gage a who won that battle between those two, when. It was really 50/Ja thing IMO

nothing like some good old fashioned revisionist history

Ja dropped loose change first and then Em and Gunit came out with "Bump heads"...whether you think Em won or not is personal preference but the timeline is objective, so this narrative that Em just jumped in for no reason is false because he got dissed first by Ja
You might be right... my memory's a little fuzzy on the order of the disses. I recall hearing Bump Heads first and thinking to myself "this is overkill... why is Em jumping in this?". Either way Em clowned himself... he got rattled by a dude that misspelled "murder".

Back