Welcome To aBlackWeb

Hat politics in Los Angeles

Been lucky to never get pressed in LA wearing my Chicago Hats

But yea shit is stupid at least here u getting pressed for the direction u break ur hats so u good as long as u keep ur brim straight

Lol look at where you were at. If you just a tourist and staying in tourist parts of LA or LA County ain't nobody doing all that. I've been to LA before in both tourist and non tourist areas and been just fine.
I moved to LA for a few years in my early 20s

Got banged on more than a few time. Got banged on in Culver City by some crips at a 24 hour fitness and had to throw hands. Got banged on all the way in Norwalk by some bloods.

I ainā€™t saying itā€™s common but it happened to me more than a few times because I was stubborn and was going to do me regardless. I didnā€™t respect the culture and didnā€™t believe in it but itā€™s kinda real. Dude I worked with who was affiliated asking me who my peoples is and where they from. We ended up being cool and actually put me on some bad chicks out the valley lol

My cousin let me know that shit had die down a lot when I was there and it was much worse a long time ago. Probably die down even more now.

I'm perfectly sober... It's just a heat wave outside so the restaurant is dumb slow

Meanwhile I got about 30 caps of all kinds

IMG_6533.png

Like much of what gets discussed online about LA gang culture, by people who not from hereā€¦ most of it is overblown.

You not gettin pressed about your fitted in fucking Santa Monica or at Disneyland or whatever tourist spots you hittin.

Stay your goofy asses out the hood if you ainā€™t got no business being there and you should be good.

If you goin to visit family and they live in those places, if they love you, theyā€™ll let you know if you good or not.

I remember when I visited my brother out in Houston while he was in college, and one of his friends was poppin shit about how he be in Cali visiting his people in whatever colors or hat he want and niggas donā€™t say nothin.

I asked where his people from, nigga saidā€¦
ā€œSanta Barbara!ā€
IMG_6763.png

I was just likeā€¦ ā€œaight broā€¦ā€. Woulda felt like bullying if I pressed him right there.

Meanwhile I got about 30 caps of all kinds

View attachment 1331508

Like much of what gets discussed online about LA gang culture, by people who not from hereā€¦ most of it is overblown.

You not gettin pressed about your fitted in fucking Santa Monica or at Disneyland or whatever tourist spots you hittin.

Stay your goofy asses out the hood if you ainā€™t got no business being there and you should be good.

If you goin to visit family and they live in those places, if they love you, theyā€™ll let you know if you good or not.
Be a tourist and do what tourists do
-AP

I remember when I visited my brother out in Houston while he was in college, and one of his friends was poppin shit about how he be in Cali visiting his people in whatever colors or hat he want and niggas donā€™t say nothin.

I asked where his people from, nigga saidā€¦
ā€œSanta Barbara!ā€
View attachment 1331518

I was just likeā€¦ ā€œaight broā€¦ā€. Woulda felt like bullying if I pressed him right there.
rich kid privelege.

Back