Welcome To aBlackWeb

Hat politics in Los Angeles

I got checked by Leimert Park about my hat back in 2009 or 2010.

It was like 5 dudes. I was like

View attachment 1330761

I had just moved to LA and wasn’t even there 3 days yet.

My cousin had came get me the next day talking about the area. It was like a damn history lesson lol

Lol look at where you were at. If you just a tourist and staying in tourist parts of LA or LA County ain't nobody doing all that. I've been to LA before in both tourist and non tourist areas and been just fine.

giphy.gif
Just caused you got no heart it dont mean others dont

that shit is pure fuckery

I was blown to see a red hat with a big "c" on it, is also supposedly worn by "bloods"

bloods don't even pronounce words starting with the letter c but they repping a cincinnati reds hat:yikes1:

Not saying it won't happen but it's rare. It's how you wear it and where you wear it. If you look like a civilian in a civilian area you'll be ok. If you look like you are straight out of Pelican Bay and you are in the hood or hood adjacent areas you will prolly get checked. Just use common sense. This shit is really dumb but bangers know who's bangin.

Bet you ain't passing no wave check in your younger days though
Lol, I never brushed my hair, lol... It used to piss people off..

Once a bunch of girls greased and brushed my hair in school to try to give me waves....I hated it and messed it up immediately..

that shit is pure fuckery

I was blown to see a red hat with a big "c" on it, is also supposedly worn by "bloods"

bloods don't even pronounce words starting with the letter c but they repping a cincinnati reds hat:yikes1:
Nah blood you mistaken cuh
Bloods wear the hat cause the C represents Cedar block which is in Bompton but in this case red and C go together.

I just sat through a 20 minute video of a blind nigga in a hat store so I'm something of an expert

Last edited:
Nah blood you mistaken cuh
Bloods wear the hat cause the C represents Cedar block which is in Bompton but in this case red and C go together.

I just sat through a 20 minute video of a blind nigga in a hat store so I'm something of an expert
but that's my point

them niggas ain't super bloods tho:

it's like you gotta have a degree to understand all these intricate details

it's depressing to know it's dudes out here smart enough to learn/retain all these details

but ask them to do something more productive tho 🙁

Kinda gotta wonder how they'd handle it if a group of cats from Tha D was out there with the classic Tigers or U of M hat on. Like... that's our shit, how you look like trying to press actual D niggas over that?

Back