Welcome To aBlackWeb

Has anyone seen this McDonald's commercial?

I see alot of comments referring to Black Families being targeted, not enough representation of us......

.......well, this should bring some Hope in a dark, cruel World that we reside in:

Despite Leo Tolstoy’s assertion that “all happy families are alike,” as the family photos reveal in Renata Cherlise’s Black Archives: A Photographic Celebration of Black Life, that’s not exactly true. Some families in the book appear dressed in their finest, while others are captured during casual picnics or trips to the beach. In some photos, family members hug each other closely as they smile for the camera, while others are more candid shots of family life. What is similar in all the photos is Black joy.

Let’s face it: so many of the pictorial stories we see of Black families are ones of grief and trauma, the aftermath of yet another police shooting of an unarmed Black person, for example. Cherlise’s book makes clear that Black families have other potent stories to tell. There are first dates, barbeques, trips to Paris, holidays. There is togetherness, laughter, love. These photos testify—through changing fashion, hairstyles, automobile models, photo types, and other markers of time—that Black families have always been part of history, and our stories, our celebrations, have always been an integral part of the historical record.

I spoke with Cherlise via e-mail about the origins of her love for family photos, her book project, and why she considers snapshots “the most authentic storytelling medium in the written and visual language.”

cherlise-6-1749x2048.jpg

I don’t know how in todays times, people are so thrown off to this argument about imaging. It’s just so damn comedic how people can see the way the world works, you actually don’t believe there are agendas against us? Or out there working?

A black man commits a crime, throw those niggas in jail. The people who pull strings however know that since their lives are over? It’s time to make other niggas suffer, which is why you see in the title

Black man murders
Black man kills
Black man commits crime and rapes

when white people do shit!?

Lone wolf commits crime.
White man who kills people says he did so because he was depressed

Are these not agendas? Of course. They know that those black men and women who are committing crime, have lives that are over, and since they hate us? They will speak about us negatively. When white folks Do their dirt, white people know since Johnny Johnson shot up the school, his life is over, but people who look like him, especially the young children? Need to be able to live their lives as well. So it makes no sense to create content that destroys their image because that’s important.

I don’t know how in todays times, people are so thrown off to this argument about imaging. It’s just so damn comedic how people can see the way the world works, you actually don’t believe there are agendas against us? Or out there working?

A black man commits a crime, throw those niggas in jail. The people who pull strings however know that since their lives are over? It’s time to make other niggas suffer, which is why you see in the title

Black man murders
Black man kills
Black man commits crime and rapes

when white people do shit!?

Lone wolf commits crime.
White man who kills people says he did so because he was depressed

Are these not agendas? Of course. They know that those black men and women who are committing crime, have lives that are over, and since they hate us? They will speak about us negatively. When white folks Do their dirt, white people know since Johnny Johnson shot up the school, his life is over, but people who look like him, especially the young children? Need to be able to live their lives as well. So it makes no sense to create content that destroys their image because that’s important.

But what’s the agenda here?

I find it weird that it occupies so much of your mental bandwidth, if you aren’t gay.

I see mostly white people on tv all the time… I don’t wanna be white.

Even tho I don’t like half of them, they still exist. Why cry about it? They not gon stop existing just because a lot of them bug me, a little bit.
Skimming through the thread, cause who gives a fuck? So maybe this has already been addressed. But thats a fucking TERRIBLE argument.

Skimming through the thread, cause who gives a fuck? So maybe this has already been addressed. But thats a fucking TERRIBLE argument.

I think all folks are saying is you can’t influence somebody to like the same sex you can tell them it’s ok to like the same sex or it’s ok to change you gender if you want.

To y’all niggas y’all view this as if they show a gay cartoon character or a transgender teacher is part of the agenda.

I think all folks are saying is you can’t influence somebody to like the same sex you can tell them it’s ok to like the same sex or it’s ok to change you gender if you want.

To y’all niggas y’all view this as if they show a gay cartoon character or a transgender teacher is part of the agenda.
Here we go with the "yall" niggas. I ain't say anything the sort.

I clearly stated that I'm skimming an old thread and pointed out a terrible argument that had NOTHING to do with anything gay or transgendered. But since you gave that very specific example:

Yes it's apart of an agenda. That they already ADMITTED TO.

So I guess lipstick lesbians ain't a thing anymore huh?

I guess the European being the personification of beauty in this country just happened by accident. Kate Winslet Middleton is just that glamorous.

But what's the agenda? What's the agenda?
it-is-maam-gamestop.gif

Yeah sure. And calling an individual they/them like they're fucking venom is perfectly normal and not at all a sign of their mental disorder. We should totally enable that because who does it harm right? A healthy functioning society should totally bury its head in the sand and just go along with people's self delusions as to not hurt their feelings. The Emperors new clothes is an inspirational story right?

"Yall" are the living embodiment of "first they came..." never gonna take a stance until it directly impacts you. How about having some principles? Or Jesus, calling a spade a spade? If some shit is clearly wrong what's so fucking bad about saying so.

Had the nerve to say yeah there's an agenda against black people, but it's not working so 🤷🏾. Nigga! Call that shit out!!! Rather have a mutual admiration society about how everyone you disagree with secretly wants to suck dick. Or some people just ain't as down for the go along to get along as others. But better to just insult people for calling out the same shit you yourself see.

What's the agenda? What's the agenda? Normalizing shit like this. So we can't even call out the child abuse happening to one of our own.

Defanging us to the point where we just have to nod idly, like transitioning a fucking 3 year old baby is perfectly normal. And from the looks of it shit is pretty damn effective.

Back