Welcome To aBlackWeb

Has a woman ever told you she wants you to put a ring on it?

Twice, I told both them chill out.

One was with a girl I had been dating for a minute. I told her chill out because I already checked out of the relationship.

The other was with a girl that I wanted to be with but she was doing too much. She was born again, you know the type was wild in her youth but now a saint, that didn't bother me. What fuxed with me was she used to always question my relationship with God. I am looking at her like my relationship with God is stronger than my relationship with you.

Those are two that have came out their mouths, was 'bout it, and asked. I have had a half dozen or so... groom me to be married to them with the family and sorts but they were waiting on me to move.

That's off the top, I am thinking there was a third.

Edit: I must have been high when I replied to this, I thought this was about women who proposed to me. I have never been pressured to marry someone, I would have told them to kick rocks. That's why they proposed to me.

Last edited:
What are your feelings on marriage? And why would you pursue a woman who wants marriage and you know you don't?

My view on marriage has evolved over the years.

All growing up...marriage was told as something you NEEDED to do. But the older I got, I began to realize that wasn't the case.

You NEED to eat to live.
You NEED water to live.
You NEED air to breathe.

You don't need marriage to sustain your life. I never knocked other folks for gettin married. I just have an issue when those same folks try to push that on me. As if it's some kinda club I NEED to join.

I mean there was a point where I wanted it. But b/c family & friends kept bringing it up constantly...over & over again like an obsession...it soured my feelings.

Wtf the point in being together that long with no marriage?

You do realize there's A LOT of people who are in long term relationships who aren't married right? Not everyone feels like marriage is a goal they NEED to achieve.

If that works for you...cool. But I don't see why couples who aren't married but been together long term...get looked at like it's something unheard of. Lol

My view on marriage has evolved over the years.

All growing up...marriage was told as something you NEEDED to do. But the older I got, I began to realize that wasn't the case.

You NEED to eat to live.
You NEED water to live.
You NEED air to breathe.

You don't need marriage to sustain your life. I never knocked other folks for gettin married. I just have an issue when those same folks try to push that on me. As if it's some kinda club I NEED to join.

I mean there was a point where I wanted it. But b/c family & friends kept bringing it up constantly...over & over again like an obsession...it soured my feelings.
Does your girl want to get married?

Does your girl want to get married?

Of course. But we've also had discussions expressing my feelings about it. Again I don't have an issue with it. It's just that w/n our relationship...its the "obsession" of our family and friends (mostly on her side) telling us me I NEED to do it.

And I only call it an "obsession" b/c it was non-stop with them.

Of course. But we've also had discussions expressing my feelings about it. Again I don't have an issue with it. It's just that w/n our relationship...its the "obsession" of our family and friends (mostly on her side) telling us me I NEED to do it.

And I only call it an "obsession" b/c it was non-stop with them.
I see. So the pressure is coming from other people and not your lady...

I see. So the pressure is coming from other people and not your lady...

Well...her too. Lol! This is where the whole "being part of the club" comes in. B/c she see how a couplenof our friends are married. Been part of their wedding. So i know she wanna go thru that whole process.

So when tbey bring up how we need to get married, either she joins in with them...or...leave me hangin to face the barrage of their arrows comin at me like...

Ean7ZFQEvUTeg (1).gif

Well...her too. Lol! This is where the whole "being part of the club" comes in. B/c she see how a couplenof our friends are married. Been part of their wedding. So i know she wanna go thru that whole process.

So when tbey bring up how we need to get married, either she joins in with them...or...leave me hangin to face the barrage of their arrows comin at me like...

SO y'all been together 8 years, have merged lives and own a home together...she wants to get married and you have nothing against marriage itself. The lone reason you're holding out is cause other people are asking when you're going get married and you want to be stubborn.

icegif-3051.gif

And I say that with love šŸ™‚

Lol I mean I know marriage is a big step but if you plan on spending your life with somebody and yā€™all been a thing for over 5 years why not? If youā€™re gonna leave her your stuff when you die.

If they give you an ultimatum, that should be a red flag.....

My wife didn't do no shit like that.

Exactly.

Why would you even accept the proposal knowing you had to strong-arm your s/o to do it??

"Yes I know my s/o is not ready to get married, but who cares. It's about me and what I want right now"

Back