Welcome To aBlackWeb

Has a woman ever told you she wants you to put a ring on it?

SO y'all been together 8 years, have merged lives and own a home together...she wants to get married and you have nothing against marriage itself. The lone reason you're holding out is cause other people are asking when you're going get married and you want to be stubborn.

View attachment 1191413

And I say that with love šŸ™‚

Yeah well I guess everyone who's in similar situation and been together a lot longer than me must be stubborn as well. We're just a collection of stubborn folks. Lol

Yeah well I guess everyone who's in similar situation and been together a lot longer than me must be stubborn as well. We're just a collection of stubborn folks. Lol
But we aren't talking about people in a similar situation though. I mean it would be different if neither of wanted to get married, but ya'll do. If she's expressing that she wants to take that next step and you have no actual personal reason why not to, then why are you making that lady wait? You gotta know by now if you want to make her your wife...

But we aren't talking about people in a similar situation though. I mean it would be different if neither of wanted to get married, but ya'll do. If she's expressing that she wants to take that next step and you have no actual personal reason why not to, then why are you making that lady wait? You gotta know by now if you want to make her your wife...

Her moreso than me. I'm actually happy where we are in the relationship. Amongst the people we know...our relationship is a whole lot better, have lasted longer, than the folks who are/were happy.

You can't lecture me about how I need to get married when:

- You're divorced a year after gettin married
- Separated
- Marriage feels more like a prison sentence
- Multiple issues that's detriment to the marriage
- Married multiple times

If I decide to make her my wife...cool. If we stay as is in our long term relationship and grow old together w/o gettin married...cool. At this point its whateva.

Her moreso than me. I'm actually happy where we are in the relationship. Amongst the people we know...our relationship is a whole lot better, have lasted longer, than the folks who are/were happy.

You can't lecture me about how I need to get married when:

- You're divorced a year after gettin married
- Separated
- Marriage feels more like a prison sentence
- Multiple issues that's detriment to the marriage
- Married multiple times

If I decide to make her my wife...cool. If we stay as is in our long term relationship and grow old together w/o gettin married...cool. At this point its whateva.
So you have fears that it might fail.

now-were-getting-somewhere-michelle-yeoh (1).gif
That's a much better more honest answer then you don't want to get married because other people keep asking you about it

...my feelings about marriage

Fun fact.

If you're living with her, depending on the laws in your state, you might be married already.

It's called common law marriage.

Basically, if you've been living with a woman for a specific period of time.......in the eyes of the state............you're legally married.

And being legally married, you're bound by the laws of marriage in that state.

Last edited:
Fun fact.

If you're living with her, depending on the laws in your state, you might actually be married.

It's called common law marriage.

Basically, if you've been living with a woman for a specific period of time.......in the eyes of the state............you're legally married.

And being legally married, you're bound by the laws of marriage in that state.

Oh I know about common law marriage. If that's the case...I just saved a bunch of money from spending on a wedding. Lol

Back