Welcome To aBlackWeb

Happy wife, Happy life. Are you ok with this saying?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
a marriage is two people.

both need to be happy in this journey.

Why should 1 persons emotions dictate how the unit moves forward?

I honestly think some soft ass nigga who didnt stand up to his lady made this shit up to get some ass.

But for me...i refuse to go out of my way and tip toe on eggshells to make someone happy just so i wont be stressed.

kinda shit is that?

Are the mans emotions or happiness not important?

please tell me yall dont subscribe to this.

i will go all out to make wifey happy but the shit has to come back aswell otherwise why be together.

And during the times i fuck up...the statement still doesnt stand. ill do what i need to make up because i fucked up. Am i attempting to make her happy or forgive me...yes.

but like i said before...when she fucks up....i get the same.
So the statement is bullshit.

at least for me it is.

a marriage is two people.

both need to be happy in this journey.

Why should 1 persons emotions dictate how the unit moves forward?

I honestly think some soft ass nigga who didnt stand up to his lady made this shit up to get some ass.

But for me...i refuse to go out of my way and tip toe on eggshells to make someone happy just so i wont be stressed.

kinda shit is that?

Are the mans emotions or happiness not important?

please tell me yall dont subscribe to this.

is this bullshit or nah?

You are taking that shit to an extreme.. i mean im not gonna lie and say i read it but

if your wife is happy, id assume the husband would be happy they both have a vested interest and mutually benefit from happiness you are treating a simple phrase as another arrow to the males species fragile ego.. it aint that

its not that deep

men are simple as shit....we like cheap thrills and personal space/time and are good with self entertaining

women need more affection and attention and all that "little dumb cutesie shit" matters to her way more than you realize

keep up with the gifts and compliments, keep trying to make her smile, keep trying to "win" her, etc

a happy wife has no gripes....and if she aint bitching at you she's got more time (AND incentive) to focus on making you happy

no, this is not a one size fits all.....and I know, some bitches aint shit lol

but I live by this saying

I think you took this one reallllll deep.
This saying doesn't mean go out of your way to make anyone happy, it also doesn't mean that this saying means that the only person who's feelings matter is your woman.

i think there's a problem with the saying as a whole...

we gotta stop taking these old saying s like they're literal scripture from the bible and we have to dissect it's meaning because it offers some greater truth...

it just some shit that someone said that was catchy........

no one should ever sacrifice their persona happiness.....

just don't stress your lady with unnecessary shit and do your best to keep your home a nice calm safe environment

Great responses so far, I thought I was gonna have to come in here and debate with that entire site again lol

Been there, done that. Trust me, it doesn't work.

If you're spending 100% of your time trying to please her and she's spending 100% of her time waiting to be pleased, you're going to fizzle out and eventually tell her to go fuck herself.

Happy me, happy we.
This x10000

Usually it boils down to some deep down underlying issue that was around before you that never got resolved

Don't get me started

False statement.

Both parties should not have to sacrifice their happiness to appease the other. The marriage can't last like that.

Been there, done that. Trust me, it doesn't work.

If you're spending 100% of your time trying to please her and she's spending 100% of her time waiting to be pleased, you're going to fizzle out and eventually tell her to go fuck herself.

Happy me, happy we.
Facts

I think it was a light-hearted statement originally. You strive to make someone as happy as possible without compromising who you are or your resources. It's on the other person to respect those limits. Trouble comes in when someone steps outside of that.

I think it was a light-hearted statement originally. You strive to make someone as happy as possible without compromising who you are or your resources. It's on the other person to respect those limits. Trouble comes in when someone steps outside of that.
nah

you are responsible to your mate, but you are not responsible for your mate

in other words, in a relationship, there are certain things you are, i guess obligated to do like respect, but you are not responsible for how they respond or react to things

hurt people, hurt people...so often those hurt people manipulate others to try and make them feel guilty b/c they dont know how to properly communicate their feelings.

Man at the end of Day, make me feel like treating you special and ima treat u special, which makes me feel special that I have someone in my life that is special to me

Outside of that, I ain’t just gone do shit out of some archaic obligations. And if they catch feelings like when the last time u took me somewhere nice

Nigga like me gone say when the last time u just sucked my dick without me asking?

9A63E5A6-E4B6-4137-B2CE-4EF62D53F443.jpeg

Back