Do you agree with Equinox decision?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • F the gym

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Equinox doesn’t let you cancel in the first year at all.

Most gyms have something similar built into their terms because they have to as a means of financial survival. New gym members are notoriously flaky.

Well, yeah, if cancellations at that gym aren't allowed, this just seems like a stunt that good do more harm than good.

Respect….coming from a gym rat myself seeing a bunch of people join a gym for a few weeks then dropout can be annoying….taking up unnecessary space.

Sounds egotistical but people serious about the gym tend to have a great relationship with each other.

I’ve had clients who only wanted to feel good for a few weeks just to take gym selfies then never return. It’s embarrassing

Take that “New Year new me” shit to Planet Fitness and enjoy their free bagels and pizza nights

this the weirdest shit ever how does this hurt yall

I get it.

It’s stupid as a business move, but I do get it.

You want to make sure your loyal base still feels comfortable, as the New Year brings in people who clog up the machines and free space for the next 2-4 weeks before they fade out.

At the same time, you get to let people start somewhere, even if it’s as cliche as New Years’.

Let people do what they want, man. Besides, banning people for a single day, a fucking Sunday no less, is nothing but a half measure. Why not a week? Why not a month? They own Blink, why not extend this energy to those gyms, too? Surely they want to reach as many people as possible, no? Really spread that shame around.

I get it's a inconvenience for the regulars, but life is full of those. After the first couple of weeks the taper off is crazy, anyway.

It’s their business if they wanna do that it’s not like they’re being racially or sexually discriminatory. They’re just assholes lol. I’m so glad I invested in gym equipment for the house during the pandemic.

Uh yes

After work hours are garbage because of all the people there who just stand around doing nothing

ok I go before work I just started in December. Does it matter to you in any way if I stop going to to the gym in March? I was on a bike you wanted the first week of January or something? Idk man really don’t seem that deep.

Back