• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • F the gym

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
:think2:

someone in their marketing department knew the shit storm the headline would create

"Gym bans new members"

& since most don't read beyond that before reacting, it spreads like wildfire

so now everyone talkin bout it

& the mf outraged don't matter cuz they prolly wasn't joinin the gym anyways

but there will be sum mf who join cuz of the hoopla
Hell people on here didn't even read it lol

Reactions: GNS
Respect….coming from a gym rat myself seeing a bunch of people join a gym for a few weeks then dropout can be annoying….taking up unnecessary space.

Sounds egotistical but people serious about the gym tend to have a great relationship with each other.

I’ve had clients who only wanted to feel good for a few weeks just to take gym selfies then never return. It’s embarrassing

Take that “New Year new me” shit to Planet Fitness and enjoy their free bagels and pizza nights

It's really not. They ain't losing no long term money with the stunt, and they might attract some new long term customers who appreciate the gym's priorities.

People who sign up in Jan but keep paying the fees when they quit in Feb is the only way most gyms can operate at a profit

I've developed into a gym rat

Nothing is more annoying that going into gym attempting to improve yourself and the equipment is being taken up by someone who isn't fuckin serious

just stay your ass at home and watch an fitness instruction video

working out is irrelevant anyway if you dont have the diet to match

See….someone gets it

Consistent membership through the year is how gyms make money. Not mf’s signing up on Jan 1st and leaving by Valentine’s Day

The real ones are gonna find a way to get in no matter the time of year

They want you to leave by Feb because contractually you are going to be paying for at least 12 months

That’s the whole game

No gym is gonna have you sign a membership that only financially commits you to a month

I doubt people continue paying $300 a month if they ain't going in. If this gym allows cancellations, those people are cancelling.

Then the cancellation policy will charge you an early termination fee that makes it cost around the same to just pay the whole year

Then the cancellation policy will charge you an early termination fee that makes it cost around the same to just pay the whole year

For that particular gym?

It ain't that bad for all gyms. That's part of the reason why the whole January surge is so common. At the end of the day, whether or not this move was stupid really depends on how their business is setup and what effect it will have on their bottom line.

For that particular gym?

It ain't that bad for all gyms. That's part of the reason why the whole January surge is so common. At the end of the day, whether or not this move was stupid really depends on how their business is setup and what effect it will have on their bottom line.

Equinox doesn’t let you cancel in the first year at all.

Most gyms have something similar built into their terms because they have to as a means of financial survival. New gym members are notoriously flaky.

For that particular gym?

If you can find a gym that lets you sign up and then cancel less than 6 months in penalty free I will be shocked

Back