Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Golden Eye 007 - N64

somebody trying to remake this using the Unreal Engine 4

i'd support the fuck outta this if they had a early access version u could buy

they nailed the single player remaking of that stage perfectly even with the enemy placements

what is this blasphemy?
Syphon filter 2 was my shit but nah

Goldeneye is the goat multiplayer game. Wouldn't be no multiplayer shooters if it wasn't for goldeneye

Doom and DWANGO calls you a dirty liar.

Doom came out in late 93/early 94. It supported multiplayer Deathmatch on a LAN but DWANGO allowed you to play Deathmatches as an online multiplayer game with up to 8 people at a time. It also had peer to peer dial-up already where you could make a direct call to another person and play deathmatch that way as well.

Heretic, Hexen, and Doom II used the same engine and also ran multiplayer on DWANGO. IIRC, the first Duke Nukem 3D also ran on DWANGO. Online multiplayer was hugely popular back then. We're talking before the N64 had even been launched.

Quake came out in '96 and greatly expanded the whole concept of deathmatch by making it TCP/IP based instead of dial-up, which effectively shut down DWANGO. I started playing Quake Deathmatch in Jan '98, right after I moved into my apartment. By that point Quake as well as Quakeworld had thousands of servers dedicated to it. Mods, different game types (CTF, Capture and Hold, Team DM, etc), all kinds of shit.

While y'all were geeking about 4-player split-screen Goldeneye, the rest of the gaming community was playing 16-32 player CTF and Deathmatch courtesy of Quake and had been playing for about a year. Without iD software's games, there wouldn't be multiplayer shooters.

Doom came out in late 93/early 94. It supported multiplayer Deathmatch on a LAN but DWANGO allowed you to play Deathmatches as an online multiplayer game with up to 8 people at a time. It also had peer to peer dial-up already where you could make a direct call to another person and play deathmatch that way as well.

Heretic, Hexen, and Doom II used the same engine and also ran multiplayer on DWANGO. IIRC, the first Duke Nukem 3D also ran on DWANGO. Online multiplayer was hugely popular back then. We're talking before the N64 had even been launched.

Quake came out in '96 and greatly expanded the whole concept of deathmatch by making it TCP/IP based instead of dial-up, which effectively shut down DWANGO. I started playing Quake Deathmatch in Jan '98, right after I moved into my apartment. By that point Quake as well as Quakeworld had thousands of servers dedicated to it. Mods, different game types (CTF, Capture and Hold, Team DM, etc), all kinds of shit.

While y'all were geeking about 4-player split-screen Goldeneye, the rest of the gaming community was playing 16-32 player CTF and Deathmatch courtesy of Quake and had been playing for about a year. Without iD software's games, there wouldn't be multiplayer shooters.

bruh only nerds used to play that doom shit.

Goldeneye redefined mp for consoles

There really is no debate.

C/S all of this. I really don't think most of these guys are true gamers.

Those games didn't catch fire like Goldeneye did, those shits stayed on the shelf.

No, the console versions stayed on the shelf and y'all console gamers had no clue what true multiplayer gaming was until PS2. Dreamcast did have SegaNet, but wasn't none of y'alls parents was paying for it so that shit folded.

The PC versions, where REAL gamers lived, had millions of online players before the PS2/XBox had even been released; y'all just catching up to us. Shit, professional gaming started on the PC with the PGL and CPL leagues. Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo and Diablo II, Aliens vs Predator, Quake 2, Quake 3 Arena, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Starsiege, Starsiege Tribes, Tribes 2... millions of people playing multiplayer online before the PS2 and original XBox came out.

Call of Duty was a PC game before it was a console game, same for Grand Theft Auto, and both were multiplayer.

Before y'all had a concept of multiplayer gaming, millions of PC gamers were already years deep in it.

The PC versions, where REAL gamers lived
Lookin ass...
85187850.jpg

C/S all of this. I really don't think most of these guys are true gamers.

Man my brother used to play those games on his PC but he played the console way more cause its much easier to jump into.

thats the thing even today with all their great mods & dope graphics most people still prefer console gaming over PC gaming cause its just easier over all to get into its always been this way

Back