Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ghosting?

yea, that was kinda my thing for a whole decade

the worst is when I gotta call in march asking was I ever coming to get my xmas gifts....

tNaxMRs.gif

I've been the perpetrator and the victim of this

Sometimes stuff just fizzles out. Other times someone is enough of a pain in the a*s that I don't even want to go back and forth with them like that

However, never ghosted anyone I've actually spent time with

Reactions: B_A
yea, that was kinda my thing for a whole decade

the worst is when I gotta call in march asking was I ever coming to get my xmas gifts....

Oh yea thats my stee all the way.. my sister in law call me ghost bc im out without warning

where's the context here

I've been the perpetrator and the victim of this

Sometimes stuff just fizzles out. Other times someone is enough of a pain in the a*s that I don't even want to go back and forth with them like that

However, never ghosted anyone I've actually spent time with
There was a typo with autocorrect.

The context is disappearing on someone you are dating or talking to.

There was a typo with autocorrect.

The context is disappearing on someone you are dating or talking to.
Shit did that too!

Old HS chick I caught up with later in life. Hung out and shit. Had a good time. Called me one day and I was really busy but I was like imma hit you right back. That was 2012

did this once, before this term was used

I was seeing this girl before I left for Texas....it was nothing serious and I had some suspicions anyway

hit it maybe 2 or 3 days before I hit the road, never said a word

she told one of the homies she was gone kill me....this was years ago

bumped into her ratchet ass friend at a daycare and her sister was my waiter at this mexican spot since I been back

But I'm sorry babe, but I gotta let go
Now she feel like she on death row
She don't believe in ghosts 'til I get ghost
And I can hear her teardrops echo

I kinda did this recently, but not really imo.

Here's the scenario. I met a pretty Hispanic chick at a bar, she kept eyeing me. So i go up to her, ask if she wants to dance. She says yes, dance for a bit, offer a drink, go back to the dance floor.

Spent most of the night together, good chemistry. Noticed she was kind of apprehensive when I put my arm around her, didn't think much of it other than maybe shes not big on the dating scene so shes not used to guys being sort of aggressive.

She says she wants to see me again so I got her number. Walked her to her car when the club went out, she texted me when she got home.

So I'm thinking, cool I might've just got me a wholesome mami to deal with, a rarity on my side of town. She texts me good morning every day, starts the convo, just overall good energy.

So of course within a week or so I'm asking If we can see each other again, something like go to a Movie or something like that. She keeps making up excuses.

So I'm like aight. She has this good kind of energy and it's being reciprocated thru text but not in person. Shes probably got her baby daddy in her ear or some shit smh no surprise.

So after a month of texting daily I draw the line in the sand. I let her know that I'm more into a face to face relationship im not with the back and forth thru text entirely.

She cops an attitude and says shes really busy, which I know is BS cuz she told me her schedule. So from that text on I cut my loses and never replied again.

A couple days later I see her insta on my recommended friends, probably from having her number in my phone.

Turns out it wasn't a dude.... she had just done stomach stapling an year previously, lost drastic weight, and was going to do a skin removal surgery within the week. Seems like she was holding out till then.

Of course she mentioned none of this, and her apprehension to my touch around her waist made perfect sense now.

I felt bad but I immediately got turned off and was grateful I had ghosted. Becoming that fat wasnt a good look to me and getting chopped and screwed instead of going thru the hard work and discipline of working out to lose it was def not my cup of tea.

It is what it is.

Here's the scenario. I met a pretty Hispanic chick at a bar, she kept eyeing me. So i go up to her, ask if she wants to dance. She says yes, dance for a bit, offer a drink, go back to the dance floor.

Spent most of the night together, good chemistry. Noticed she was kind of apprehensive when I put my arm around her, didn't think much of it other than maybe shes not big on the dating scene so shes not used to guys being sort of aggressive.

She says she wants to see me again so I got her number. Walked her to her car when the club went out, she texted me when she got home.

So I'm thinking, cool I might've just got me a wholesome mami to deal with, a rarity on my side of town. She texts me good morning every day, starts the convo, just overall good energy.

So of course within a week or so I'm asking If we can see each other again, something like go to a Movie or something like that. She keeps making up excuses.

So I'm like aight. She has this good kind of energy and it's being reciprocated thru text but not in person. Shes probably got her baby daddy in her ear or some shit smh no surprise.

So after a month of texting daily I draw the line in the sand. I let her know that I'm more into a face to face relationship im not with the back and forth thru text entirely.

She cops an attitude and says shes really busy, which I know is BS cuz she told me her schedule. So from that text on I cut my loses and never replied again.

A couple days later I see her insta on my recommended friends, probably from having her number in my phone.

Turns out it wasn't a dude.... she had just done stomach stapling an year previously, lost drastic weight, and was going to do a skin removal surgery within the week. Seems like she was holding out till then.

Of course she mentioned none of this, and her apprehension to my touch around her waist made perfect sense now.

I felt bad but I immediately got turned off and was grateful I had ghosted. Becoming that fat wasnt a good look to me and getting chopped and screwed instead of going thru the hard work and discipline of working out to lose it was def not my cup of tea.

It is what it is.
Seem like you did right.

If she cant be an adult and tell you what's up, that's on her.

It is what it is.

folks said she went to Dr. DJ Michael "5000" Watts

Dead-Asleep.gif

Shit did that too!

Old HS chick I caught up with later in life. Hung out and shit. Had a good time. Called me one day and I was really busy but I was like imma hit you right back. That was 2012

Has a somewhat similar situation back in the day.

Me and the crew hit up this titty bar one night. We walking around lookin for a table and I bumped into this stripper walking through. Turns out it was a broad I went to high school with that I was cool with but I really wanted to fuck with back then. We hug and all that, chop it up a bit, then she asked if I wanted a lapdance... Which was weird 'cause the whole time she got her titties in my face we sittin off catching on what we've been doing and who we've seen from school. We exchange numbers and over the next 8-9 months we'd hit each other up every now and then, maybe 2-3 times a month and I was in her area once during that time and stopped by for a lil visit. Nothing serious, and I was prolly only there about 15 minutes or so.

One night I'm cookin up steak and shit for dinner and she hit me, she joked about driving out my way to catch a steak for herself and I told her I had another one I could throw on if she was serious. 30 minutes later she was at the crib. We eatin' and shit, vibing, had a couple of drinks and sat off watching TV. My room mate came home and we ended up sittin off just kickin it and talking shit. It got late and she asked if she could just crash at my spot 'cause she didn't feel like gettin on the road that late and I was like "bet". I genuinely didn't expect to smash, but it happened. Next morning she was lovey-dovey and shit and acting like we were a couple.

We continue kicking it for another week and she called me one day like "Um... Can you pay my phone bill? I'm making all these calls to you you could at least do that for me". I told her I'd see what I could do.

We spoke on that call for a lil while longer and I never called her ass back. Never ran into her either.

Back