Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Georgia Governor Brian Kemp signs Voter Suppression bill

People cracking jokes, but this boycott is going to hit ATL hard right when people there need to get back on their feet. All these white liberals up the coast or out west aren't getting impacted.

People cracking jokes, but this boycott is going to hit ATL hard right when people there need to get back on their feet. All these white liberals up the coast or out west aren't getting impacted.

It's a mixture of liberals who want to be "on the right side" and conservative who hate cancel culture but will call for a boycott of sports, movies etc...

Maybe folks will think about what Kemp cost them next time he's up for election and adjust accordingly
I mean this sounds childish to me. People there have families, and its off for all these elites/celebs to self-praise how much they care about us...and then turn around and scarlet letter the most prominent majority black city in the nation. Makes no sense, Kemp isn't impacted by this, neither is McConnell or Pelosi. There's a reason Stacey Abrams is against a boycott.

Media says "jump", and people go "how high?", every damn time.

It's a mixture of liberals who want to be "on the right side" and conservative who hate cancel culture but will call for a boycott of sports, movies etc...
This is true, and both sides are more interested in "making a statement" than the people impacted.

All 50 states have controversial laws, but the only two times recently I've seen boycotts called for were in North Carolina & Georgia. They would never do that shit here in CA, or any lily white state. What are people in the ATL supposed to do when their economy can't get off the ground after covid? Tweets and #hashtags don't feed families

This is true, and both sides are more interested in "making a statement" than the people impacted.

All 50 states have controversial laws, but the only two times recently I've seen boycotts called for were in North Carolina & Georgia. They would never do that shit here in CA, or any lily white state. What are people in the ATL supposed to do when their economy can't get off the ground after covid? Tweets and #hashtags don't feed families

I can understand the bolded and im not tryna minimize that at all with what I said.

You mentioned that Kemp wont feel any consequences or be impacted by this... imo that's part of the problem tho. Politicians do fuck shit and still get re-elected.

Aint no way dude should get re-elected for the bullshit he's done AND he's costing the city and working folks money. That's all im sayin

Well the intended impact is that the citizens in GA will connect the job losses to the decision made by Kemp and other elected officials and vote them out. Hence why Kemp and other Republicans are going so hard to shift blame to MLB. Whether or not that works is another discussion

Well the intended impact is that the citizens in GA will connect the job losses to the decision made by Kemp and other elected officials and vote them out. Hence why Kemp and other Republicans are going so hard to shift blame to MLB. Whether or not that works is another discussion
So they're helping the people of GA impacted by this bill....by piling on? I just don't see the logic cause if people are up in arms then the bill itself would be the motivation next election. White people from outside of GA now calling for a boycott we all know will hit black families the hardest, have no skin in the game. They're just here for social media likes.

Again, ALL states have controversial laws, so what makes one boycott worthy, and why have only North Carolina and Georgia been hit with them? Not having the MLB game will only hurt local businesses. More boycotts will only hurt working families.

I can understand the bolded and im not tryna minimize that at all with what I said.

You mentioned that Kemp wont feel any consequences or be impacted by this... imo that's part of the problem tho. Politicians do fuck shit and still get re-elected.

Aint no way dude should get re-elected for the bullshit he's done AND he's costing the city and working folks money. That's all im sayin
I agree, but this comes off as people outside that state trying to dictate GA's politics. GA did flip the election to Biden afterall, so this all seems like a big "fuck you" to that state. One bill and now its cool to screw over the people living there.

No need for a boycott if you highlight the bill.

I agree, but this comes off as people outside that state trying to dictate GA's politics. GA did flip the election to Biden afterall, so this all seems like a big "fuck you" to that state. One bill and now its cool to screw over the people living there.

No need for a boycott if you highlight the bill.

The boycott IS highlighting the bill...

I see you mentioned NC being boycotted as well several times. I'm not familiar. What happened in NC?

The boycott IS highlighting the bill...

I see you mentioned NC being boycotted as well several times. I'm not familiar. What happened in NC?
NC boycott was about the trans bathroom bill.

These boycotts will hit the cities hardest, and most Kemp voters won't even feel it. That's the irony of this shit. But it is what it is I guess.

These boycotts will hit the cities hardest, and most Kemp voters won't even feel it. That's the irony of this shit. But it is what it is I guess.

Convention centers, rental car businesses, hotels/motels, malls, restaraunts... all of them gon feel this shit.

If it was just regular working folks and black businesses hurting I dont imagine dude would be giving press releases coppin pleas and tryna pivot like this. Big businesses bout to hurt cuz of this as well. Seems like the pressure is on and he knows it

So they're helping the people of GA impacted by this bill....by piling on? I just don't see the logic cause if people are up in arms then the bill itself would be the motivation next election. White people from outside of GA now calling for a boycott we all know will hit black families the hardest, have no skin in the game. They're just here for social media likes.

Again, ALL states have controversial laws, so what makes one boycott worthy, and why have only North Carolina and Georgia been hit with them? Not having the MLB game will only hurt local businesses. More boycotts will only hurt working families.

Well the intent seems to be to piss people off enough that they blame the elected officials and vote them out as they're the reason behind the laws. It's that temporary sacrifice for a long term gain people often say they're down for until the reality actually hits and you realize what you're being asked to give up. I've long said that people often talk about or ask people to make sacrifices they themselves wouldn't make and it seems as this situation is a real life version of that very scenario.

A key difference though is NC reversed course once they saw companies and local businesses were serious. GA just said "fuck yall we doing what we want"

Back