Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Georgia Governor Brian Kemp signs Voter Suppression bill

It's a prime example of systemic racism that has been plaguing society and race relations to damn near a point of no reconciliation.

Investigate and throw the sledgehammer on this guy.
I agree however it won't happen

The first set of comments, addressed to Sen. John Neely Kennedy (R-La.), was contained in a clip from a Senate hearing that went viral on Twitter. Her remarks caught our attention because they seemed similar to remarks made by President Biden about a new Georgia election law that had earned him Four Pinocchios.
In fact, when our fact check was cited during the hearing by a Republican senator, Abrams suggested that the Fact Checker misunderstood the situation. That’s when she made the second set of comments above. That really caught our attention.
We ended up having an extended back-and-forth with Seth Bringman, a spokesman for Abrams, over the matter. Abrams’s language is more carefully phrased than what Biden said, but we still conclude it is misleading.

The Pinocchio Test
This is a good example of how different phrasing can change the Pinocchio count. Abrams tried to make the same general point as Biden, but she did it more artfully, especially in the clip that went viral. She made clear that she was talking about early-voting rules and she used words such as “may,” “optional” and “can,” avoiding the certitude of Biden’s statements.

At the same time, Abrams leaves the impression that the previous hours were 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and avoids saying the previous law had a vague “normal business hours” standard that sometimes meant even less than 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For ordinary people not attuned to the debate over the Georgia law, her language misleadingly implies that voting is restricted to 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., especially when she says the law “eliminates hours of voting.”

Result:
Two Pinocchios
Significant omissions and/or exaggerations. Some factual error may be involved but not necessarily. A politician can create a false, misleading impression by playing with words and using legalistic language that means little to ordinary people. (Similar to "half true.")

Related

Okie dokes

Then
View attachment 567487
View attachment 567489
View attachment 567488

Now:
View attachment 567490
View attachment 567491

View attachment 567497

I know this is supposed to be a gotcha but...

"and he proposes voter ID requirements, with the possibility of alternative forms of identification such as a utility bill."

I know you read the whole article so it seems disengenuous for you to pick out one portion to display out of context. Showing a utility bill as proof of id is a far cry from requiring a state issued driver's license or photo id.

I know this is supposed to be a gotcha but...

"and he proposes voter ID requirements, with the possibility of alternative forms of identification such as a utility bill."

I know you read the whole article so it seems disengenuous for you to pick out one portion to display out of context. Showing a utility bill as proof of id is a far cry from requiring a state issued driver's license or photo id.
Georgia requires ID to cast a ballot right, so if u don't have a photo ID u can obtain a free voter ID.

One can obtain a free voter ID without a photo ID. A birth certificate, social security card and something that proves residence (like a ahem * utility bill*, apartment lease or mortgage document) are eligible among others.

I can pull up another vid of her trashing the free voter IDs as being racist as well.

All that is a complete 180 of what I quoted

Obtaining FREE voter ID in GA:
Screenshot_20210622-163657.png

Real ID Requirements:
Screenshot_20210622-163833.png

Real ID Documents:

Last edited:
I wonder how does that work for someone thats 18 but still living at home with their parents.. so they may not have a utility bill, a lease or mortgage agreement etc.

Back