Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
Its all academic ... for "book keeping" purposes i get the logic but his craft speaks for itself

Kind of, kind of not... What if Tyson didnt fight Douglas, Lewis didnt fight Rahman, Wlad and Vitali didnt fight Sanders or Byrd because their craft spoke for themselves??? All huge underdogs, even AJ/Ruiz to an extent as Ruiz wasnt a mando...

Fury was gifted a deciton in the first McDermott fight and did struggle with alot of his earlier fights, even made a meal outta Wallin and Pianeta in his comebacks... Whos to say he would had lost to any of those guys, he prolly wouldnt but who knows...

Im not knocking him, Im just playing devils advocate and pointing his C.V is very thin... Hes the currently the best heavy in the world but to be considered an all time great you need the C.V though, theres still time he just needs to fight...

Im not knocking him, Im just playing devils advocate and pointing his C.V is very thin... Hes the currently the best heavy in the world but to be considered an all time great you need the C.V though, theres still time he just needs to fight...
Assuming he beats them, would adding Usyk or Joshua (and a possible rematch win) be enough to put him on your all time great list?

Assuming he beats them, would adding Usyk or Joshua (and a possible rematch win) be enough to put him on your all time great list?

Not very high on the list tbh does Wlad, X3 Wilder, Whyte and either AJ or Usyk stack up to any all time greats C.V??? Maybe he coud rival Wlad...

Few great fighters from few different eras:

Just 10 fights:

Ali:

Foreman
X2 Liston
X3 Frazier
X2 Cooper
Patterson
Lyle
X3 Norton
Shavers
Quarry
Terrell
(i refuse to count holmes)

Lewis:

Vitali
Tyson
X2 Holyfield
Mercer
X2 McCall
Bruno
Briggs
Tua
Ruddock
Tucker

Holyfield:

X2 Lewis
X2 Tyson
X3 Bowe
Holmes
Foreman
Douglas
X2 Moorer
Mercer
Quai
De Leon

Wlad:

AJ
Fury
Haye
Povetkin (prime)
X2 Brewster
Pulev
X2 Byrd
X2 Peter
Chagaev
X2 Thompson

Louis

X2 Schmeling
Baer
Walcott
Braddock
Carnera
X2 Conn
Lewis
Farr
X2 Pastor

Fury:

Wlad
X3 Wilder
Whyte
X2 Chisora
Wallin
Hammer
Cunningham
Johnson???

*Then add AJ and Usyk

Last edited:
Not very high on the list tbh does Wlad, X3 Wilder, Whyte and either AJ or Usyk stack up to any all time greats C.V??? Maybe he coud rival Wlad...

Few great fighters from few different eras:

Just 10 fights:

Ali:

Foreman
X2 Liston
Frazier
X2 Cooper
Patterson
Lyle
X3 Norton
Shavers
Quarry
Terrell
(i refuse to count holmes)

Lewis:

Vitali
Tyson
X2 Holyfield
Mercer
X2 McCall
Bruno
Briggs
Tua
Ruddock
Tucker

Holyfield:

X2 Lewis
X2 Tyson
X3 Bowe
Holmes
Foreman
Douglas
X2 Moorer
Mercer
Quai
De Leon

Wlad:

AJ
Fury
Haye
Povetkin (prime)
X2 Brewster
Pulev
X2 Byrd
X2 Peter
Chagaev
X2 Thompson

Louis

X2 Schmeling
Baer
Walcott
Braddock
Carnera
X2 Conn
Lewis
Farr
X2 Pastor

Fury:

Wlad
X3 Wilder
Whyte
X2 Chisora
Wallin
Hammer
Cunningham
Johnson???

*Then add AJ and Usyk
Ok, fair points here. That’s when you balance his résumé and theirs with his record and theirs. Obviously, you can counter his record by who he fought but you can’t take away what he did, took an hiatus to party like it’s 1999 and came back to become immensely dominant. Ultimately it’s very hard to compare fighters and eras but with Usyk/Joshua on his CV, he’s sure thing on the all time list to me

Ok, fair points here. That’s when you balance his résumé and theirs with his record and theirs. Obviously, you can counter his record by who he fought but you can’t take away what he did, took an hiatus to party like it’s 1999 and came back to become immensely dominant. Ultimately it’s very hard to compare fighters and eras but with Usyk/Joshua on his CV, he’s sure thing on the all time list to me

Yeah thats fair enough, its all about opinions at the end of the day... I will say that Ali was out for a year longer than Fury too though and prolly has the best record out of everyone...

Can't wait for this Stevenson v Valdez next week. I hope Shakur beats the breaks off him. He produced the tears talking about I'm not a cheater in this all access but once you allow annillegal substance in your body as an athlete my sympathy for you goes out the window. He is a solid fighter though. Could this be a modern version of Mayweather v Castillo?

Is this a PPV fight?

I can see that on the strength of fury height vs Tysons height, and how effective fury uppercut is...

Taller fighters who use their uppercut effective have a big advantage.

But the speed of Tyson when he was actually his best was crazy.... Holyfield fought a much slower Tyson

Back