Welcome To aBlackWeb

Funkmaster Flex goes off on Jay-Z

The saddest part of this thread is the realization that our people are so obsessed with celebrity worship that it's easier to find rich Black people to be mad at than encouraging them to do what is most beneficial for us as a whole.

The only thing Jay Z was wrong about was just how gullible the public is for symbolic gestures. Strike a pose on one knee, raise a fist, and make a sign saying "#BLM" and we get lulled back to sleep thinking things are getting better.

Of course Colin was right. No one of good conscience said he was wrong. But "protesting" should never be the end goal. All those tweets miss the mark and Colin has all but said so himself.

Last edited:
"I'm renting brownstones to black folk"

Either I'm still buzzed or this thread funny as fuck
Because some sellouts are renting out to white folks saying stuff like they don't trust they own people.
The saddest part of this thread is the realization that our people are so obsessed with celebrity worship that it's easier to find rich Black people to be mad at than encouraging them to do what is most beneficial for us as a whole.

The only thing Jay Z was wrong about was just how gullible the public is for symbic gestures. Strike a pose on one knee, raise a fist, and make a sign saying "#BLM" and we get lulled back to sleep thinking things are getting better.

Of course Colin was right. No one of good conscience said he was wrong. But "protesting" should never be the end goal. All those tweets miss the mark and Colin has all but said so himself.
True. I just dont like fans tryna spin it in their favor to worship Jay Z when its plan and simple that he did that for the bag. Thats my only thing I don't like, Judas like characteristics

Last edited:
After reading what Jay said then ALL those tweets this is hilarious. Jay said kneeling brought awareness people are aware now soooo what's the next step ??? Why is this so hard to get

After reading what Jay said then ALL those tweets this is hilarious. Jay said kneeling brought awareness people are aware now soooo what's the next step ??? Why is this so hard to get
What many are questioning is him selling out kaep.
Why is that so hard to get?

Do you think if actionable items ever came from that, that we'd be where we are now to the degree we are now?

@Bed$tuy

When you say Jay Z " did it for the bag", what exactly are you saying Jay Z did? Are you saying he pocketed money personally from the NFL? Or that his company secured financial benefit from the NFL?

Because if it's the former, I'd like to see your proof. But if it's the latter, I think there's a fundamental lack of understanding of how business works economically. Nothing happens without someone getting something in exchange for something.

When Halliburton secured the government contract due to the war in Iraq, it was described as cronyism but not specifically unpatriotic. The money they got was monry someone else would have gotten in any other circumstance. What Roc Nation got is severely lesser than that and Jay Z is being accused of something more heinous with, again, no actual insider proof.

I only see a desire to put black names on the line of fire. Be it Jay, Kanye, Orpah, Gayle, Candace Owens, Jason Whitlock, etc when their actions are a matter of virtually non effect if you simply ignore them. Meanwhile there are people in actual positions of government authority whose names we hardly know or care to find out about and they get to do their business with no ridicule.

Did Jay and them ask Kaep about his plans? Also What was Jay s next steps exactly? That’s what ppl are asking?

lastly when we gonna see him out there?

Flex is right only people that will defend jay over this are his stans

Even the NFL put out a statement saying they were wrong.

Even if hay is donating money behind scenes he needs to stay something publicly
What many are questioning is him selling out kaep.
Why is that so hard to get?

I don't see how he sold out kap. Kap wasn't in a position to make any moves with the NFL. He was out not by choice but he was out.
Did Jay and them ask Kaep about his plans? Also What was Jay s next steps exactly? That’s what ppl are asking?

lastly when we gonna see him out there?
Jay wasn't out for any protest but made other moves. Being outside yelling all day doesn't do much. We've been doing that. Other moves have to be made.
Now if the question is what's jay's next step that's a wait and see thing same as kap. They both donate both are against the bullshit. Different methods, now the one who should have a issue is J D since Jay told him not to take the spot then took it himself

Jay wasn't out for any protest but made other moves. Being outside yelling all day doesn't do much. We've been doing that. Other moves have to be made.
Now if the question is what's jay's next step that's a wait and see thing same as kap. They both donate both are against the bullshit. Different methods, now the one who should have a issue is J D since Jay told him not to take the spot then took it himself
Wait for what? There’s a war going on outside

@Bed$tuy

When you say Jay Z " did it for the bag", what exactly are you saying Jay Z did? Are you saying he pocketed money personally from the NFL? Or that his company secured financial benefit from the NFL?

Because if it's the former, I'd like to see your proof. But if it's the latter, I think there's a fundamental lack of understanding of how business works economically. Nothing happens without someone getting something in exchange for something.

When Halliburton secured the government contract due to the war in Iraq, it was described as cronyism but not specifically unpatriotic. The money they got was monry someone else would have gotten in any other circumstance. What Roc Nation got is severely lesser than that and Jay Z is being accused of something more heinous with, again, no actual insider proof.

I only see a desire to put black names on the line of fire. Be it Jay, Kanye, Orpah, Gayle, Candace Owens, Jason Whitlock, etc when their actions are a matter of virtually non effect if you simply ignore them. Meanwhile there are people in actual positions of government authority whose names we hardly know or care to find out about and they get to do their business with no ridicule.

Both, the proof was the press release.

Press Release Hov!

Are you comparing Hov to Halliburton? Holy shit

That's even worst but I get it.

What you are talking about shipmate is Crapitalism

I understood that clearly about Jigga with the Barclay's situation.

Flex Hogan back on that hulk up shit....
giphy.gif

The thing is, tho....
giphy.gif

Do you think if actionable items ever came from that, that we'd be where we are now to the degree we are now?
If I'm understanding you right, yeah because in my eyes nothing has changed its just a different name adding to the outrage. I mean we got the people that can change stuff for the better kneeling( the dems) but are they really going to pass some type of legislation in our favor ? Probably not especially with Trump in office. Some different moves have to be made other than protesting.

Glad we wasn’t still kneeling.

action baby

Crapitalism

Or

Oooooor

We need to not look at our celebrities as leaders and as just entertainers.

And can you and everyone do me a favor.
We need to change from being consumers to owners.
Largest consumers sound crazy is we are not close to top owners.

I'm not saying you per se.

I'd rather not look to entertainers as leaders. But entertainers got peoples attention. That's just how it is fam. A young kid most likely to listen to Jay or Steph Curry than Al Sharpton. That's the truth...shit. most people who watch sports or listen to music most likely to come across their message than Sharpton's.

Back