Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread: 9/20

I'm still not happy Rock got this involved.. but it's whatever at this point. He was cooking last night, but
It just doesn't feel organic. This couldn't have always been the plan, nigga was just bored at home and decided to fuck around and insert himself.

It definitely ends after WrestleMania
Roman prolly take something like a month break from TV. And Rock going back to Hollywood

I would be pissed if I was on this Mania card, you already knew they was going to be overshadowed on night two because of Roman/Cody now the night one card being overshadowed by those same guys plus rock and seth

the main event should overshadow the upper card
however there’s been plenty of memorable upper card matches in wrestlemania history. this year should be no different

I'm still not happy Rock got this involved.. but it's whatever at this point. He was cooking last night, but
It just doesn't feel organic. This couldn't have always been the plan, nigga was just bored at home and decided to fuck around and insert himself.

It definitely ends after WrestleMania
Roman prolly take something like a month break from TV. And Rock going back to Hollywood

I think he locked in bro. He a big part of the company now. If the plan has shifted to Rock/Roman next year then corporate Rock gonna end up being a thorn in Reigns side up until then. He won't be on TV as often but I think he'll be around throughout the year just to throw his weight around.

I feel like everybody booked gonna step they shit up just so they not overshadowed. Rey/Santos you already gonna be banger, same w/ whatever they do with the IC title which I'm still thinking might be a multi man match. On paper this could be the best mania we had in a minute and we don't even got all the other matches officially

the main event should overshadow the upper card
however there’s been plenty of memorable upper card matches in wrestlemania history. this year should be no different
Nah, this whole Mania is about the rock, both nights. Even the other champ from the other show has somehow found himself involved with that dude. Drew is fourth fiddle in his own road to mania.

Nah, this whole Mania is about the rock, both nights. Even the other champ from the other show has somehow found himself involved with that dude. Drew is fourth fiddle in his own road to mania.
To be fair Seth title has no weight at this Mania. Lol he there as back up and Drew comedy gimmick on social media got him in the door. Hate to see it but i can understand they put all their eggs in the basket for Punk.

Punk going down turned into the happiest accident they could have asked for once they course corrected this whole Rock / Roman / Cody angle. As for Seth, he's in just as important a spot as he was before Punk got hurt. His story arc is gonna culminate in helping Cody take out the Bloodline even if it means he's gonna lose his belt. Very clear that "saving the WWE from Roman and his family" is more important and being that he never got his rematch making sure Cody dethrones Roman once and for all is the mission.

Punk going down turned into the happiest accident they could have asked for once they course corrected this whole Rock / Roman / Cody angle. As for Seth, he's in just as important a spot as he was before Punk got hurt. His story arc is gonna culminate in helping Cody take out the Bloodline even if it means he's gonna lose his belt. Very clear that "saving the WWE from Roman and his family" is more important and being that he never got his rematch making sure Cody dethrones Roman once and for all is the mission.
His role in it just feels forced imo tho im here for the ride regardless. Punk and Rollins was def bigger for him but life happens and WWE tying him in to make sure he not completely B leagued this Mania.

Long term booking id still preferred they kept Rollins and Roman apart until theyir big show down/program later in the year.

if the BL win and the mattch becomes anything goes on night two then I feel like thats when mfs gonna form like voltron to help Cody over come the Bloodline. Match will probably be full of fuckin run ins.

His role in it just feels forced. Punk and Rollins was def bigger for him but life happens and they tying him in to make sure he not completely B leagued this Mania.

Either way Seth's legacy will be solidified; this character who wanted to save WWE put his ego aside to be his rival's ace and help put down the monster he created and bring the WWE title back to the locker room.

if the BL win and the mattch becomes anything goes on night two then I feel like thats when mfs gonna form like voltron to help Cody over come the Bloodline. Match will probably be full of fuckin run ins.
That's not the way to go, Cody need to beat Roman by himself with no help

I was definitely on the side of "Cody needs to beat Roman clean. No shenanigans" when folks was talkin bout Rock costing Roman

But if its Bloodline surrounding the ring and incoming family members like Tonga and Jacob and them running in then Seth, Sami, Drew and KO intervening the same way KO and Sami tried to stop the Usos last year is fine with me.

Nah man give Cody a clean W. Do all the shenanigans in the tag match if thats what folks want.

If Rock ends up taking over the Bloodline and thats how we get to Roman and Rock down the line, it would be cool if Tonga and Fati get brought in by Dwayne personally.

That's not the way to go, Cody need to beat Roman by himself with no help

I feel like the gonna go the craziest route w/ this and thats why i think it'll end up being the Bloodline w/ the advantage.

and while they'll have it they wont suspect everybody to come to help Cody

that pop will be crazy.

+ like Ice just said if they wanted to introduce the other members of the family into it then it'd also be the perfect time.

imagine shit breaking down and then u got mfs just hopping the barricade from the crowd to join the frey.

that'd be wild

I mean its a long shot but you gotta think, theres like 3-4 different guys who would fall under that family tree that just became free agents right around this time. So it makes u wonder

You dont play outside shenanigans with putting over a 3 year juggernaut FINALLY catching an L. Save that stuff for the fillers like they have been doing but give Cody that HUGE W at Mania where it means something even more. If you going to do it, do it all the way. All the other stuff folks throwing in the air can take place the first week post Mania.

Back