Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread: 9/20

Nia needs to get that strap. It's time. They've been building her up to be this dominant force on the women's roster ever since her return. As she should've been.

Imo...I think her beating Becky...CLEAN AT THAT...tells me she's in a good position wit higher ups to contend and possibly get that title.

2024 will be her year

With all these stable and trios showing up and with all of them havinh a woman I could see her possibly linking up w/ her people's for a run. Maybe if they continue the BL post Reigns or just something with her, Solo and Jimmy (Maybe both Usos) once they do finally reunite

Seth has done all he could to justify the belt’s existence especially given the circumstances that the company itself put him & the WHC in. In all honesty I do think it’s kinda amusing that ppl shit on Seth and the belt when in fact he’s the only guy who can say “Roman never beat me.” Nor did he get a rematch. They just kept him away from that Nigga inexplicably. Even times when he was calling roman out they would just have a random Nigga interrupt him.

To unify the belts now after all this would just be more storyline nonsense. And I actually prefer there being one champ who works both brands. Just more mental gymnastics the WWE has placed on themselves when they didn’t have to. Roman barring up Seth and shitting on him was still hard as fuck tho

Well....not entirely true. On tv or ppv...no. But Roman and Seth did face each other on a house show for the title, and Roman beat him.

And b4 one of you nig nogs say "Well that's a house show...that don't count"...Diesel beat Bob Backlund (who was the WWF champion) at a house for the title and won. Under 10 sec if I'm not mistaken. And Diesel was recognized as the new champion the following WWF tv showing.

Meanwhile

:niggawhat:

Nak done said it ain't over wit Cody! Did Cody eliminate him at RR? It's on site wit him. Lol

Well....not entirely true. On tv or ppv...no. But Roman and Seth did face each other on a house show for the title, and Roman beat him.

And b4 one of you nig nogs say "Well that's a house show...that don't count"...Diesel beat Bob Backlund (who was the WWF champion) at a house for the title and won. Under 10 sec if I'm not mistaken. And Diesel was recognized as the new champion the following WWF tv showing.

Nak done said it ain't over wit Cody! Did Cody eliminate him at RR? It's on site wit him. Lol

Fam......

If we both professional ball players who play a 82 game season and I beat you in the preseason does that shit count?

:niggaa:

The Diesel example doesnt work in this case cause 1. Back in the day House shows held more weight and they wanted to reward the fans by having "title change hands at any event so please come to the house show market in your city" and 2. The company was in a bad spot and going through a rough period financially especially with 60 year old washed up Backland as transitional champ so they took the belt off him first chance they got. They didnt wait for a ppv or monday nite. You havent seen anything like that happened since and that was back in 94

In storyline Roman has been ducking Seth and he basically wants no part of Seth who is the only one who can get the Chief outta character. WWE has purposely kept them separate cause they dont want Roman beating Seth or vice versa.

Fam......

If we both professional ball players who play a 82 game season and I beat you in the preseason does that shit count?

:niggaa:

The Diesel example doesnt work in this case cause 1. Back in the day House shows held more weight and they wanted to reward the fans by having "title change hands at any event so please come to the house show market in your city" and 2. The company was in a bad spot and going through a rough period financially especially with 60 year old washed up Backland as transitional champ so they took the belt off him first chance they got. They didnt wait for a ppv or monday nite. You havent seen anything like that happened since and that was back in 94

In storyline Roman has been ducking Seth and he basically wants no part of Seth who is the only one who can get the Chief outta character. WWE has purposely kept them separate cause they dont want Roman beating Seth or vice versa.

1) Diesel was still recognized as champ.

2) Roman still beat Seth.

All facts brotha.

Idk id still count the house show as an L. WWE did a title switch a few yrs ago on a house show.

Well neither Roman nor Seth have acknowledged a house show title match happening in storyline on tv
So strictly with regards to the weekly product the last match that took place btw them Seth won by DQ
Idk what to tell yall man lol

Well neither Roman nor Seth have acknowledged a house show title match happening in storyline on tv
So strictly with regards to the weekly product the last match that took place btw them Seth won by DQ
Idk what to tell yall man lol
If he won by DQ then it aint the same anyway, I couldnt remember kf it was a pin. Im just saying those house shows have had an effect on the main shows all the time by having titles switch or an angle.

2) Roman still beat Seth.

All facts brotha.
no-no-no-no.gif

I'm standin on bihnes brotha

I do feel like this is might end up being a swerve. Whether it was a swerve all along or it was changed due to the reactions. People been talking about this shit all weekend long and they just letting it ride
They should've just made Rock win the Rumble if the idea was for this to be a swerve all along, instead of making their top babyface look like a sucka. They can still fix this during that Mania kickoff event Thursday tho:

Have Rock come out and say he WILL be fighting Roman at WrestleMania, but announce it for WM 41 (probably unlikely with his tentative acting schedule) and tell Cody finish his story that's longer than the Bible at this point.

Or have Cody change his mind and strong arm himself back into the picture. Whether that means a Mania triple threat, Rock vs. Cody at the Chamber for the main event spot, whatever. There's options for story with that from now til Mania. But that'd make the most sense at this point, especially with Cody telling us at the Fastlsne press conference that he's "not flinching" for ANYONE when it comes to finishing Roman at WrestleMania... including the Rock. Well let's see you keep your word then, Cody.

Last edited:
Gonna just put in the air that the kick off event is for them to announce Rock / Roman at 41 which also will be in Vegas.

oh it definitely is

but the fact that cody is there and all ths other shit makes it that much more interesting

a lot of people will tune in to that shit hoping to see if its a swerve or not

I haven't watched none of this shit in arguably a year, but I HATE this. Rock looking like Hogan now with the politics. Rock doesn't need his legacy dented like this.

They have PLENTY of time to finish that Bloodline arc.....just like Cody finish his story first, since Rock ain't winning the belt anyway.

Back