Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread: 9/20

I think everybody knows its the right person and route to do. Somethings just makes sense to stay on course even if its predictable.

Exactly. And moment is STILL gonna huge if Cody wins it.

Folks need to understand this muthafucca Roman damn there raised the bar so high....it'll be YEARS b4 you'll see another run like this. Also business wise, the next champion has to be someone who a BIG financial draw. Cody imo fits that mold. Not just w/n the company, but outside. It's like he's prepared himself to carry that load.

As far as another lengthy title reign...Gunther is the one I see would be the next in line.

Like everybody knew Adam Cole was going to be the devil and predictable as fuck but it was the best option and choice so they had to stay course.

True...but that didn't stop folks from throwin out names of others as well

Yea, that is the story thats being told. So I will give you that it has to be Roman but do it really gotta go down at Mania?

Im starting to have second thoughts on him vs Rock in Australia cause that shit has mania written all over it.. its a huge match and the EC show comes on at 4 am in the damn morning. Once that was pointed out it made me question if they would do that match for that event.

Folks have been conditioned (not of their own fault tho) that only the "biggest matches happen at Mania"
What some dont realize is that Nick Khan went out of his way to flip PPV into PLE
Khan has made it a point to try to make every PLE spectacle and more and more they are going into stadiums with massive crowds
Just because EC is traditionally a "B level" PPV doesnt mean thats the model anymore
Rock / Roman will create the "Mania" atmosphere
Nevermind it being on at 4am here cause thats what folks overseas deal with on the regular
Shit is On Demand... US folks will be fine

Yea, that is the story thats being told. So I will give you that it has to be Roman but do it really gotta go down at Mania?

Im starting to have second thoughts on him vs Rock in Australia cause that shit has mania written all over it.. its a huge match and the EC show comes on at 4 am in the damn morning. Once that was pointed out it made me question if they would do that match for that event.
You can do Rock vs what's his face after Mania for that imaginary table seat. Cody's story has always been winning the title at the biggest stage which is something his daddy didn't do.

Besides this Roman run right now has stopped Solo's growth, dude just convincingly beat the so called GOAT and hasn't done anything since because of the Roman factor. Jimmy is a joke when he should be on smackdown being his own man after he was the one to kick Roman in the face now we're right back to 3 years ago but Jimmy has taken Jey's role

Folks have been conditioned (not of their own fault tho) that only the "biggest matches happen at Mania"
What some dont realize is that Nick Khan went out of his way to flip PPV into PLE
Khan has made it a point to try to make every PLE spectacle and more and more they are going into stadiums with massive crowds
Just because EC is traditionally a "B level" PPV doesnt mean thats the model anymore
Nevermind it being on at 4am here cause thats what folks overseas deal with on the regular
Damn 4am tho lol. Thats only issue with these types of events. Spoilers start flying all over IG and FB. I dont fw twiiter but im sure its even worse there. I be wanting to catch WrestleKingdom the next day but i damn there know all the winners on accident as soon as a scroll around social media.

Someone made a very good point about the time difference wit their PLE's.

The ppv's are no longer like how they were back in the day. Nowadays...fans got MULTIPLE ways of catching these live events. Streaming services and YouTube specifically. So folks no longer have to wake up at the azzz crack of dawn to catch EC or any other PLE's overseas. You can wait and catch the replay later that day.

Just stay off social media if your not tryin be spoiled

I agree w/ all of this. If its one thing Khan has done its start to turn around the perception of some of those "B" show ppvs and i think that'll continue this year. They trying to make all of the events into a big deal and im on board w/ that. I dont even mind the start time for Elimination Chamber either cause like u said they never get the advantage when it comes to the PPV start times.

Damn 4am tho lol. Thats only issue with these types of events. Spoilers start flying all over IG and FB. I dont fw twiiter but im sure its even worse there.

Gonna have to stay ttf away from the internet on that damn

I would have Rock beat Roman for the head of the family and move away from the tribal chief story. Roman goes away for a while to come back as a face and Rock gets his send off

Here comes grandpa now tryin to call Roman "whats his face" same way he was tryin to water down Mercedes
:hahaha:

Also Roman's run in 2023 "stuntin" Solo's growth is cap
Solo's stalled development is due to poor booking cause theres no real reason he shouldnt be on tv every week

Also ask yourself if they do Roman / Rock at Mania
What the fuck does Cody do?
Aside from Brock they've kept Cody in a holding period cause folks only wanna see him beat Roman
They knew you couldnt just go a whole year without Cody and Roman crossing paths again so they added the "Cody politicked to get Jey onto Raw" story that led to the stare down on Smackdown

The end goal is and was always Mania 40 and that shouldnt change

Here comes grandpa now tryin to call Roman "whats his face" same way he was tryin to water down Mercedes
:hahaha:

Also Roman's run in 2023 "stuntin" Solo's growth is cap
Solo's stalled development is due to poor booking cause theres no real reason he shouldnt be on tv every week
His poor booking is all because of still trying to prop up what's his face and his stale reign.

His poor booking is all because of still trying to prop up what's his face and his stale reign.
giphy.gif

this is not hittin the way you think

But WM is STILL the biggest draw outta all of them.

They don't dedicate a whole week to the other PLE's like they do WWE. That shyt is on Super Bowl type of level.

The story for Solo is he's gonna be the next Tribal Chief
they could have had him mobbing through the roster to continue his development post MITB
plot the seed for a potential WM opponent early (if Cena isnt the guy)
Shit HE could have won the US title
instead they just kept him off tv and when he popped back up shit wasnt the same, he was a bit rusty and kinda overweight

I would have Rock beat Roman for the head of the family and move away from the tribal chief story. Roman goes away for a while to come back as a face and Rock gets his send off
Once he drops it he'll probably be gone for a minute then do his mega babyface run before riding off into the sunset

The story for Solo is he's gonna be the next Tribal Chief
they could have had him mobbing through the roster to continue his development post MITB
plot the seed for a potential WM opponent early (if Cena isnt the guy)
Shit HE could have won the US title
instead they just kept him off tv and when he popped back up shit wasnt the same, he was a bit rusty and kinda overweight
They did this with Jey, so they giving him old shit

Back