Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread: 9/20

For those who have asked, AJ Styles is not slated for this week's Friday Night Smackdown taping.

WWE had planned at one point to bring Styles back several weeks ago but delayed that return.

We are told by a source it's a creative decision as to when he will return and that it could be any week now, but for those who have asked about him returning tonight, we have been told that it will not be this week

Might as well release AJ into the wild so he can go to AEW or go back to TNA...cause i'm not sure what they doing with him and it sucks cause if AJ not on TV that means Mia just hanging around doing nothin when she can actually contribute to the womens division

AJ can still go and theres tons of shit they can still do. Ever since he injured his ankle last December its been creatively downhill its like he became an afterthought

Might as well release AJ into the wild so he can go to AEW or go back to TNA...cause i'm not sure what they doing with him and it sucks cause if AJ not on TV that means Mia just hanging around doing nothin when she can actually contribute to the womens division

AJ can still go and theres tons of shit they can still do. Ever since he injured his ankle last December its been creatively downhill its like he became an afterthought

Didn't AJ sign an extension a few months ago?

Yeah there's no excuse why Mia is not being utilized in a division that needs more women. Seem like they had the prefect set up for a Roman vs AJ feud but dropped the ball.

And if im not mistaken he announced last year he had 3 yrs left before he hangs it up. WWE probably feels they did all they wanted with him with multiple WWE title runs and now they got all the new toys and returns he just getting coasted.

I really thought they would of did something with The Club 2.0.

Seeing AJ just finish off his career in dream matches in AEW would be 100% fine instead of getting put on simmer.

@PhenomTheMac aight brother have at it.....

Didn't AJ sign an extension a few months ago?

Yeah there's no excuse why Mia is not being utilized in a division that needs more women. Seem like they had the prefect set up for a Roman vs AJ feud but dropped the ball.

And if im not mistaken he announced last year he had 3 yrs left before he hangs it up. WWE probably feels they did all they wanted with him with multiple WWE title runs and now they got all the new toys and returns he just getting coasted.

I really thought they would of did something with The Club 2.0.

Seeing AJ just finish off his career in dream matches in AEW would be 100% fine instead of getting put on simmer.

At this stage, Mia is waiting for Keith Lee to return cause I can see that happening whenever his contract is up.

No real reason AJ, The OC & Mia cant be doing what Judgement Day or any other stable are doing. AJ working upper card angles, OC in the tag division and Mia in the womens' division. Again, you can just have them feud with Bobby & the Profits, theres STILL the unresolved Bloodline shit or something!

AJ a super Christian and he wanted his kids to see him in a PG promotion if im not mistaken. Thats why he still in WWE. I don't see him going to AEW unless something changes there. I'm not sure why he's off tv right now, as the plan was for him to feud w/ the Bloodline so I'm wondering if he's hurt or something. I think that report^^ traces back to Meltzer who really don't got the juice anymore.

Hopefully he back in the mix soon. I just found out him and Punk had they differences too... but I'd definitely see if I could get them to work together over on SD. Maybe as allies before breaking off into a singles program

At this stage, Mia is waiting for Keith Lee to return cause I can see that happening whenever his contract is up.

No real reason AJ, The OC & Mia cant be doing what Judgement Day or any other stable are doing. AJ working upper card angles, OC in the tag division and Mia in the womens' division. Again, you can just have them feud with Bobby & the Profits, theres STILL the unresolved Bloodline shit or something!

I dont think any promotion is waiting for Keith Lee which sucks. Buddy health issues and weight issues got him cooked, he never really got back to where he was before COVID which almost killed him and gave him a heart issue. Id be shocked if WWE brought him back. It might be Mia leaving down the line if anything, I just dont think she one of the talents they would keep around too long but hopefully they do as i feel she sucked and was wack in TNA and her start in WWE but i became a fan around 2019/2020 and fucked with her even more when she joined AJ. Perfect fit.

Last edited:
Keith Lee's story is a sad one. Nobody has come right out to say it but COVID has pretty much cost him his career. I mean it seem like he still able to compete but it's not at that same level. It fucked up his whole trajectory and I really don't think WWE will take a chance on him. Especially after what happened to Bray.

Keith Lee's story is a sad one. Nobody has come right out to say it but COVID has pretty much cost him his career. I mean it seem like he still able to compete but it's not at that same level. It fucked up his whole trajectory and I really don't think WWE will take a chance on him. Especially after what happened to Bray.
Right. I remember folks shitting on him when he first got to AEW because of his weight but forgot covid destroyed the level he used to be at.

I can see TNA and him working together.

I also wanted him back in WWE despite all that shit but I think it's time to admit that it won't be the same and likely won't happen. Even if there was a chance the Bray situation has probably killed that

I could see him maybe doing TNA or remaining in AEW with a different role while just being part time.

Naw KL need to go back to WWE. Covid was part of the reason, but Vince fucc'd up whateva pushed he had coming to him as well. Bruh was too over.

I'd like to see him return so HHH can right that wrong during his time on the main roster.

Back