Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread: 9/20

Its a big show in a new spot they havent been to in a long time. He is the champ and the face, just seem stupid to not incorporate him in some fashion. I could understand if it was a typical "mobile alabama" Backlash.

Either way hopefully they get the title(s) off him by Summer Slam.

I wouldn't throw some random match just b/c its a big show. You can do that at a house show or SD.

At this point in his career and the BL storyline...his matches gotta mean something. They way too invested in this to have random contender matches wit no attachment to the storyline.

If anything I'm cool wit him makin an appearance at the end. Say Cody wins and as he's celebrating...Roman comes and hits him wit a spear outta nowhere. Then just stands over him. That's one way to go. But we'll see.

I wouldn't throw some random match just b/c its a big show. You can do that at a house show or SD.

At this point in his career and the BL storyline...his matches gotta mean something. They way too invested in this to have random contender matches wit no attachment to the storyline.

If anything I'm cool wit him makin an appearance at the end. Say Cody wins and as he's celebrating...Roman comes and hits him wit a spear outta nowhere. Then just stands over him. That's one way to go. But we'll see.
Just want him to show up in some fashion. Depending on what The Usos or Solo got going on, he could easily push something there at the show.

Like his Logan Paul match meant something?

Ill never understand why this logic is not understandable. I get we fans of Roman but come on. Lol we all bitched when Brock did the same but now its some how different.

The whole "he beat everybody thats why" sounds even worse booking wise.

Bruh Brock literally held the title hostage and made NO appearances during that title reign he had.

At least Roman made appearances on SD

At least Roman made appearances on Raw

At least Roman made appearances at house shows

Like we've already had this discussion b4. Lol!

But the instant he has a random thrown together match...wit some random thrown together contender...wit a random thrown together feud just to fill a spot on the card...yall would be the 1st to gripe.

Whateva they been doing wit this storyline...its working. Thats fact! When was the last time a character had fans THIS invested...for THIS long of a time? We talkin 3 years cuz.

Nobody care about just appearances people want to see the champ in action and 3 or 4 raw appearances ain't nothing when you're the raw champ. Y'all need to stop

Lol what’s kinda funny is Roman is closing in on a year being part-time. It feels longer when niggas watch week to week but Before that he was on every SD and doing every house show. I’ll never forget those struggle shows in the late 2021 when they were beefing with the New Day over a meaningless KOR crown and even more meaningless Survivor Series match with Big E

Maybe I'm in the minority, but the world champions in any promotion should not wrestle much on non-ppv cards.

Also, imagine the motivation other talent would have to want to be the champion. You get the prestige associated with being a champion in keyfab, but also the perks of making your own schedule.

It's not that Roman has beat everyone, moreso that he's evolved his persona a lot and is a big draw/must-see tv. I always enjoy how he can go from a no chill mad king to an all forgiving and wise dude in the span of one show. He did that with Sami so many times lol.

Lol what’s kinda funny is Roman is closing in on a year being part-time. It feels longer when niggas watch week to week but Before that he was on every SD and doing every house show. I’ll never forget those struggle shows in the late 2021 when they were beefing with the New Day over a meaningless KOR crown and even more meaningless Survivor Series match with Big E

Niggas tryin to overlook the work this muthafucca been puttin in the past 3 years. Aside from Roman...what other talent on that roster has had this long of an emotional investment?

It's working. We know it's working b/c you see it from the fans reactions. We've been debating this for the past 3 years now about it.

Outside of PR folks Ain’t nobody tryin to see that fam lol

Even then in storyline how you justify having Priest randomly thrown into the mix

Also i think it would hurt Judgement Day a lot

But...but...niggas wanna see Roman wrestle tho. Damn if it makes sense. They wanna see their tribal chief. Lol

can’t have judgment day going through another round of massive Ls. We know Dom ain’t beating Bad Bunny. Finn might be shelved due to injury. And Roman would wash Priest.

Outside of Rhea they all lost at Mania which I thought would be a big JD show case cause I had Finn and Dom winning.

Last edited:
Y'all was head over heels with Logan Paul getting a throw away match but a Lashley, Seth, Sheamus or Drew is a big reach.

Outside of PR folks Ain’t nobody tryin to see that fam lol

Even then in storyline how you justify having Priest randomly thrown into the mix

Also i think it would hurt Judgement Day a lot

Back before he turned heel I actually wanted to see him and Reigns clash.

With Backlash being a B ppv it could of been a nice 1 time match up just for the people of PR.

it wouldn't be too hard to set it up either, just have homie go over in either a battle royal, beat the clock or gauntlet match a few weeks before hand

only negative there would be the loss added to Judgement Days record like you said but fuck it.. since we already here just have Solo hit that mf with the spike while the ref distracted or something. That way his loss dont look too bad and it gives Solo more heat for always interfering.

the thing is this would just be a one time thing while they over in Puerto rico kinda like those matches in Saudi arabia. After that then its back to regular business

Back