Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread - 6/28

Nah

Theory a chickenshit heel

he being booked correctly

its the same way they booked Seth during his MITB and first title run. Hell Seth was booked as a chickenshit and he had the US and WWE champ at the same time lmao
Even those type of heels get the best of people but all we've seen is him getting laid out by the top players. The Miz the best at that role and he's not constantly getting punked every time.

CTB- Anyone but Roman

ABW poster- It has to be a new guy who need the rub.

CTB- There isn't one, maybe Montez.

ABW poster- No we don't want that

CTB- Then who

ABW poster - You tell us

:niggaa:

I mean you do realize...you're essentially saying you NOW understand why vets like Edge, Brock etc. were put into these title contention positions. B/c of the lack of new talent according to what you said...

View attachment 908673
No I'm saying you don't have to keep going the Brock, Goldberg, Edge and Roman route when you have so many other people to give the ball to, they just not using them. I'm not the one who brought up new talent to begin with it was y'all with the going back to people who held the title already.

Does anyone here have an issue with how old a champion is? Steve Austin was in his mid 30s when he won his first world title. Rock was 26. Orton was 24, Cena was 27. Why is age such a big deal in wrestling?

I mean I have no issue. Doesn't really matter. Randy the youngest and you see how quickly they took the strap off him. Mainly b/c they felt he wasn't ready. His immaturity caused that.

It all boils down what they do with it after getting the title. What kinda reign they have.

When I say no one left...I'M talkin about recycling the same wrestlers and puttin them in title contention over & over. I.E...the issue a lot of yall in this very same forum had wit Drew. I remember. I seent yall posts.

i dont remember having a problem with it. if anything i found it amusing. and since the potential opponents i named are either fresh faces for roman during this reign or have legit reasons why they should receive a title shot (reigns got himself disqualified vs rollins at RR), i don't see how they fall under what you consider recycled opponents

So you mentioned you Lashley...AJ. Ok. TWO outta a full roster. That's not on Roman for not facing them. Blame the Vince Era. Blame him for not taking advantage of a THB vs BL feud. Blame him for not going all in on a Nak vs Roman. Blame him for tryin to mid-card AJ into oblivion, instead of utilizing him the PROPER way.

i didn't say that was roman's fault, did i?

And speaking of utilizing...or actually UNDERutilizing...put some respeck on Cesaro's name! There was an opportunity for them to have a Cesaro vs Brock feud. But that's neither here nor there.

what does this have to do with-
okay

And...AAAANNNDDD...Seth is not even close to being mid-carded like AJ was. Bruh was involved in 2 of the most talked about matches this year. Damn there MOTN at WM.

when did i say this? lmao i said weeks ago that seth's stock hasn't been hurt this year at all

But back to Roman....you telling me the skreets were clamoring for Roman to defend his title in the Fast Lane ppv? Or WM Backlash (blame Vince)? Or "Extreme" Rules? LOL!

le sigh...
this shit right here, nigga?
right here this shit, nigga?
this is the shit that baffles me

so you mean to tell me the likes of stone cold steve austin, the rock, and john cena can work b and c level ppv's but roman can't? he's above it?

dude is having the run of his career, and he's not nearly at the same level of stardom as those three.

stone cold can work rock bottom, the rock can work no mercy, but roman can't work extreme rules or any other ppv that’s not in a stadium

B14F715A-A477-4420-8F50-916C4BDB0EFE.jpeg

to be clear, since some may interpret this as me blaming roman, i highly doubt roman demanded they put BOTH belts on him before his PT schedule went into effect. more than likely it was vince’s. and it wasn’t a smart decision imo

i dont remember having a problem with it. if anything i found it amusing. and since the potential opponents i named are either fresh faces for roman during this reign or have legit reasons why they should receive a title shot (reigns got himself disqualified vs rollins at RR), i don't see how they fall under what you consider recycled opponents

okay

when did i say this? lmao i said weeks ago that seth's stock hasn't been hurt this year at all

le sigh...

so you mean to tell me the likes of stone cold steve austin, the rock, and john cena can work b and c level ppv's but roman can't? he's above it?

dude is having the run of his career, and he's not nearly at the same level of stardom as those three.

stone cold can work rock bottom, the rock can work no mercy, but roman can't work extreme rules or any other ppv that’s not in a stadium

View attachment 908719

to be clear, since some may interpret this as me blaming roman, i highly doubt roman demanded they put BOTH belts on him before his PT schedule went into effect. more than likely it was vince’s. and it wasn’t a smart decision imo

index.gif

Just b/c I quoted your post...doesn't mean I'm saying YOU specifically said all those things. I was just posting. So I'll address the ppv stuff mentioned.

All those ppv's you mentioned...I'm almost certain we all (not sure if you was part of that) had a discussion about how outdated they are in TODAY'S WWE climate. It's like going back to having a bra & panties match on Raw. Or having Lawler back to full time on the announce team.

So yeah those B & C ppv's worked...backed then. Now...not so much. You can't honestly say they would still hold the same interests today, as they did back then. PPV's not named WM/Survior Series/RR/SS...barely have the hype like they use to. Hell...look no further than HIAC and EC. How in THEE FUKE you got a HIAC ppv...but only ONE match in a cell???

So naw...I could care less if Roman doesn't do a Fast Lane..."Extreme" Rules...No Mercy...In Your House...whateva. If he doesn't have a legit feud going on, why put him on just for the sake of it? Especially if creative was garbage juice status.

And the two belts shyt was more about tickets sales and selling out Dallas Stadium. That's all. Which is why they tried to duplicate that wit MITB at Allegiant...and failed. I would not have an issue Roman dropping the Raw title. Let USA have their own champion. Cuz I wanna see how this Kross/Drew feud develops.

Aight that's all I got. Be blessed brotha Already

okay

le sigh...

View attachment 908719

Tbh folks dont like to admit it but they picking and choosing what part time means. Roman shouldnt work B/C list ppvs??? yet Austin, Rock, TrIps, Hogan, Shawn, Cena and so on all worked A, B, and C ppvs year round. Its okay to admit Roman is part timing now. Roman acknowledged this. WWE officials have acknowelged this.

Tbh folks dont like to admit it but they picking and choosing what part time means. Roman shouldnt work B/C list ppvs??? yet Austin, Rock, TrIps, Hogan, Shawn, Cena and so on all worked A, B, and C ppvs year round. Its okay to admit Roman is part timing now. Roman acknowledged this. WWE officials have acknowelged this.

No I think it's the perception folks had an issue wit.

As if he's been a PT champion ever since he won the Universal Title 2yrs ago. I think that's what the debate is about. Me....along wit others have been saying that's not the case. Bruh been puttin in work for 1yr & half. That's fact. It wasn't until this year when he cut back. B4 he was doing tv...ppv...house shows...etc.

But again the perception being thrown around was if he was on some Brock Lesnar shyt. Brock was literally M.I.A. Like he literally held the belt hostage. They had to send a search party led by Seth to find him, and bring the belt back home. They had a press conference and er'thang. Lol!

Its not necessarily the “part timing” or that he shouldn’t work them…I just take the position that he has put in the work as a full time performer for a decade. And now that he has reached the pinnacle of being “the guy” and even still working a full time sched once he got there…he has earned the schedule he got now.

No I think it's the perception folks had an issue wit.

As if he's been a PT champion ever since he won the Universal Title 2yrs ago. I think that's what the debate is about. Me....along wit others have been saying that's not the case. Bruh been puttin in work for 1yr & half. That's fact. It wasn't until this year when he cut back. B4 he was doing tv...ppv...house shows...etc.

But again the perception being thrown around was if he was on some Brock Lesnar shyt. Brock was literally M.I.A. Like he literally held the belt hostage. They had to send a search party led by Seth to find him, and bring the belt back home. They had a press conference and er'thang. Lol!
Part time can be different ranges. When he missed multiple ppvs in a row then another for no reason... def part timing. And im talking specifically about missing ppvs not those bs house shows that I dont even understand why folks would spend money to go to.

The more time goes by the more i respect Cena's run.

Last edited:
Its not necessarily the “part timing” or that he shouldn’t work them…I just take the position that he has put in the work as a full time performer for a decade. And now that he has reached the pinnacle of being “the guy” and even still working a full time sched once he got there…he has earned the schedule he got now.
When you finally become the guy (only the past 3 yrs) I would think you would go hard to finish up the chapter then when he drops the belts slow down and slide out quietly. Just my take.

2014-2019 Roman aint the same as Roman of 2020-22. Fans finally came full circle to cheering him together a few yrs back.

Homie really wanna be on breaks after Mania give him a year off to walk away from wrestling after Rock or Cody beats him.

Last edited:
Back