Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fragrance thread

I tried a sample of it and that shit disappeared quick as hell lol im still new to all this so I wasnt sure if I was trippin or not

Definitely not trippin

It’s more worth your time to invest in a decent clone that you like than spend the money on virgin island water.

There’s some out there that lean more lime and some that lean more coconut depending on what you like most out of the fragrance.

Definitely not trippin

It’s more worth your time to invest in a decent clone that you like than spend the money on virgin island water.

There’s some out there that lean more lime and some that lean more coconut depending on what you like most out of the fragrance.
Gorse from Laboratory Perfumes is a good one

PXL_20231007_145831355.jpg PXL_20231007_145732771.MP.jpg
Picked up Mind Games J'adoube yesterday. Sales rep at Neiman Marcus gave me the discovery set as a gift and stuffed the bag with more samples

I was gonna get Blockade but that shit smelled too similar to Aventus. I already got the OG and Aventus Cologne so I had to pass

@Goldie do you find that the island water joint wears off kinda quick or nah?

It performs like most creeds imo, around 5-6 hrs. That's good for a summertime scent.

I don't mind spraying more 5 hrs later if I have to, but I'm normally not anywhere for more than 5 hrs.

Im thinking about coppin another bottle of Creed this weekend. Either Portugal or Orginal Santal.

I agree with homie here. If I can get atleast 4-5 hrs out of it, it's worth it. I never really cared about cologne lasting all day.

And alot of the times, it's still there, you're just noseblind to it after a few hrs.

I agree with homie here. If I can get atleast 4-5 hrs out of it, it's worth it. I never really cared about cologne lasting all day.

And alot of the times, it's still there, you're just noseblind to it after a few hrs.

Can’t watch the whole thing, but I just got to the part where he makes a good point about being complimented 8-9 hours after application. I’m always shocked, I stopped smelling the stuff 4 hours ago, but I’ll take their word for it, lol.

For everyday I don't need a beast mode fragrance for 8+ hours. It may be just me, but if a person needs their cologne/perfume to always last that long that's a red flag that you're not washing your ass enough.

I got a lot of heat in my collection, but if I could only keep 5 or 6, VIW would be one of em.

For everyday I don't need a beast mode fragrance for 8+ hours. It may be just me, but if a person needs their cologne/perfume to always last that long that's a red flag that you're not washing your ass enough.
Me personally, it gotta last atleast 5-6 hours before I need to reapply. I don't think y'all taking into account the price factor in this though. Which imo, is the biggest factor here. If I'm paying $250+ for a fragrance, I want something worth $250+. Part of that is overall performance of the fragrance. Otherwise, I'd just hit up Ross or Walmart for some Curve. They crushed Jeremy Fragrance because folks felt his fragrance was overpriced for what it was and that joint lasted well past 8 hours.

Like never in all my years in the Fragcomm have clones been as poppin or as embraced as they are now. People are tired of paying exorbitant prices and not getting what they feel is their money's worth. Favorites getting disco'd just to be reintroduced with a different bottle less performance and a higher price because it's "new", Chanel just upped the prices on all frags, Armani released a $200 fragrance(big bottle) with a leaky cap, the Aventus you bought last year smells different and lasts longer than the one you bought this year. This is why Dior Sauvage has stayed on top for as long as it has. It's basically the Iphone of the fragrance world. It just works

Yea, maybe I'm lucky, I never had performance issues like I see other people talking about.

I think a lot of it is niggas going noseblind to it.

The only fragrance that I had performance issues with is TF Lost Cherry. It only lasted 3 hours, I would even layer up with a whole shower/body care routine to help make it last...didn't help at all. You do smell great those 3 hours though.

I think I'm going to try to not buy anymore bottles of perfume for the rest of the year so I can use up some of the travel/decants/samples I've collected. I have like 40 scents I want use....

Back