Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fragrance thread

Side note: Francis Kurkdjian is the new perfume creative director over at Dior. If you want any proof of what he can do look no further than Sauvage elixir. It's almost like they put some BR540 into the Sauvage DNA. I brought it for my brother and when he sprayed it you could immediately tell that this wasn't the same Sauvage dna

Screenshot-20220211-222457-Instagram.jpg

View attachment 795371
my lil spread…any suggestions or recommendations?

Going on YouTube and listening to them explain what to buy based on reviews will always be good. Go to these stores in the malls and get samples to see which you should get. It also depends on which seasons you like more and now you like to smell.

I will never buy Creed again cuz these dudes get so flimsy on the batches. I’m not paying 400 for the smell not to be on point. I rather get the clones which smell pretty much as good as the other ones. Then they’re much cheaper.

I can name a bunch you could or should get but you might hate it.

Like Versace Dylan Blue is a great cologne, I recommended it to someone and they hated it, he gave it to his brother and that’s all he wears.

I have tiers of cologne

tier 1: work
tier 2: lunch, brunch, quick dinner, average date, etc
tier 3: fancy dinner, want you close to me, want you to do naughty and nasty things to me, etc

😬

Pretty similar to how I tier mine too lol

the Gucci scents are like my “everyday” scents

The Tom Ford and Dior is like lunch/brunch quick date with my lady

That Creed and Harmonist is when Im tryna clap her cheeks lmao

This where I need to be.

Trying to add to my very very very limited collection

I'm old school and give nary a fuck about it.

20220323_010052.jpg

Been testing out a bunch of newer joints more recently and I'm simply not a fan of citrus-y scents, never have been, and that's what still seems to be the most popular stuff. I end up falling back on old-school joints 'cause I know what's always worked for me.

I'm old school and give nary a fuck about it.

View attachment 799680

Been testing out a bunch of newer joints more recently and I'm simply not a fan of citrus-y scents, never have been, and that's what still seems to be the most popular stuff. I end up falling back on old-school joints 'cause I know what's always worked for me.
That's because Americans like fresh clean scents, you might be shopping in them designer spots that lack variety, and all the mainstream designer houses are trying to create their own Dior Sauvage(YSL with the Y line, Armani with ADG Profondo and Profondo Lights, and Prada with the Luna Rossa line.

Last edited:
What you looking for and what's your budget playa? Hopefully we can help.
I'm a fish out of water lol

The only scent I've been wearing is a YSL variant and I'm too lazy to go look to see which one it is but I always get compliments on how good it smells.

I'll look later after I go back to sleep and get some rest but cause I don't wear a lot, I don't need a huge bottle

I'm just looking for something to alternate and change it up from time to time

I guess if we're talking tiers, I would like a work cologne and a casual going out cologne. I think I'm set for the "date" cologne with the YSL.

Budget? The YSL was a gift so idk how much it cost but it's a pretty big bottle. I honestly don't know but I know I'm not trying to wear lucky you lol

That's because Americans like fresh clean scents, you might be shopping in them designer spots that lack variety, and all the mainstream designer houses are trying to create their own Dior Sauvage(YSL with the Y line, Armani with ADG Profondo and Profondo Lights, and Prada with the Luna Rossa line.

It's been that way since Nautica and Cool Water hit in the 90's. Granted, Xeryus and maybe Grey Flannel were precursors to that scent, but it didn't really catch on until Nautica, then really hit with Cool Water. After that, them citrus scents been all the rage. My preference is for deeper, spiced scents; not the bright slap-you-in-your-face scents cats wear now.

Back