Welcome To aBlackWeb

It was cool but it wasn't good.

The first season was great imo. But I knew as soon as he got out one of two things were going to happen

1. They were going to try and center the show around cases loosely based on the ones he had in real life

Or

2. They were going to try and make them up

If they tried 1, maybe the cases weren't as compelling as the one he made for himself. If they tried 2, then they limited themselves in what stories they could actually tell and realized they couldn't go any further.

The 2nd season in a lot of ways just got away from what made the first season really good. There was no real sense of tension like when he was in prison. Even with the PO, you knew eventually the guy was gonna be on his side. It was just predictable af compared to S1 when you already knew he was going to get out but you didn't know how.

Like I said, it was good, but not that great that it should've really gone past the first season. They should've milked the prison more and done like a two "season" mini series.

best post you’ve made in months.

For Life Star to Fans: 'I Won't Have You Bad-Mouthing ABC' About Cancellation

For Life star Nicholas Pinnock has a message for fans reeling from the show’s cancellation after two seasons: Don’t blame ABC.

2021 Broadcast-TV Renewal Scorecard
renewed cancelled list
Launch Gallery

In the wake of the legal drama’s axing on Friday, Pinnock — who starred as incarcerated legal champion Aaron Wallace in the series — took to Twitter early Saturday to identify the real culprit behind For Life‘s untimely demise (i.e. the show’s soft ratings).

“I am in no way bitter with ABC for not renewing For Life for a third season,” the actor wrote. “ABC has been nothing but supportive of our show, and has championed it from the start. So I won’t have you bad-mouthing them. I can tell you firsthand how great they have been to me and to our show.

“Sadly, the live audience numbers didn’t reflect and equal the social media attention,” he continued. “The catch-up numbers were really good, but that doesn’t fir the model of a network show.”

For Life ended its sophomore run in late February as ABC’s lowest-rated drama; its season finale drew just 1.7 million viewers.

Back