Welcome To aBlackWeb

Food Debate: What goes on grits?

I didn’t think black ppl ate cream of wheat for real

Ain’t that like baby food?
Nah lol. It's for anybody, but I wouldn't feed it to anybody I love or like.

My granny used mix some type of gravy with the cream of wheat and make us eat it. I don't remember if it was disgusting or not, but I'm pretty sure it was so traumatizing that I have blocked it from my childhood memories.

I didn’t think black ppl ate cream of wheat for real

Ain’t that like baby food?

Cream of Wheat and Malt-O-Meal, yup.

Though, a lot of us got our start on this shit here:

gubment_farina.jpg

This shit and Malt-o-Meal are essentially identical, which is one of the reasons Malt-o-Meal is largely considered "Projects food". Like @1/2 said a few months ago:

i've only seen this shit eaten on project steps and curbs

Cream of wheat is the shit, with sugar and butter, milk poured over. Dip some toast in that....
tenor.gif

Cream of Wheat and Malt-O-Meal, yup.

Though, a lot of us got our start on this shit here:

View attachment 58009

This shit and Malt-o-Meal are essentially identical, which is one of the reasons Malt-o-Meal is largely considered "Projects food". Like @1/2 said a few months ago:
I’ve never seen cream of wheat in any project apt I’ve been in. Even malt of meal was scarce. Idk b, shit seems poorer than poor so y’all got that

Sugar sound like some white people shit, I heard they do that with spaghetti too. If it ain’t salt or some type of seasoning salt you doing it wrong.

Salt and/or pepper I can understand. But you niggas out here eating sweet grits and rice? That's on y'all.

Being a trill nigga of the Souf, I keep a thang of this in the truck and the kitchen for all my seasoning needs.

Salt and/or pepper I can understand. But you niggas out here eating sweet grits and rice? That's on y'all.

Being a trill nigga of the Souf, I keep a thang of this in the truck and the kitchen for all my seasoning needs.

goddammit I love that shit. Sprinkle it on damned near everything... but not grits.

if you gotta do alla dat to dress up cream of wheat, maybe its a trash ass food in the first place

Never got the sugar with grits shit.

Sugar is for cream of wheat

Butter, salt & pepper mandatory for grits and on occasion cheese

Back